Wolfman Jack not nominated?

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Wolfman Jack not nominated?

Post by Stormy Peak »

Doesn't get a shot at the North American 2 year old male ?
He only got to race 4 times because he was a 2 year old router.
I raced him twice in Europe and twice in the USA.

In the USA....
He won a Grade 1 the SC race no less, and won a Grade 3 stakes race in the USA

In Europe...
He won his maiden and came in 2nd in a G2 race.

He finished the year as the highest earning 2 year old turf router.

There are sprinters and such on that list that raced in North America, but some of then didn't even win a Grade 1, much less a Grade 1 SC race and a Grade 3 in the USA.

One horse, a dirt sprinter, The Outside Rabbit won a non-graded stakes race and a G2 in the USA.
He also won a non-graded stakes race in Jamaica...but I think Jamaice is an Island, not a North American area. ???
https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1493987

Ditto with another horse, another dirt sprinter, Just A Lil Bipolar...why was he nominated over Wolfman Jack?
In the USA he won a maiden, a non-graded stakes and a Grade 2.
https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1534390

Apparently I'm wrong in thinking a G3 win and a SC Grade 1 win trumps those 2 for a nomination. Especially since being a 2 year old router means my guy only got 4 races to do that in...so 1/2 of his races were in the USA and in both he won Graded races.

Stormy
SIRES: Turf Routers - Each multiple G1 winners

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Brian Leavitt
Eclipse Champion

Re: Wolfman Jack not nominated?

Post by Brian Leavitt »

The current system for SIMMY award nominations is completely automated. Each category has a minimum threshold of points to be earned to be put on the ballot. For many of the larger categories, that cutoff is 100 points. This is applicable to every North American category, meaning any horse that doesn't earn 100 points in North America doesn't get put on the appropriate North America ballot by the computer.
I have a stable full of cats
Andrew Chillin
Hall of Fame

Post by Andrew Chillin »

Based off points in each area. Sachmis won 2 g1s and a maiden but only second in a third g1 and the maiden was in South Pacific. If only I had run her in NA maiden she’d make the cut at 135 points
;p
Carolyn Eaton
Hall of Fame

Post by Carolyn Eaton »

I'm really irked that Pyroclastic didn't get nominated for top 2yo AW colt - he won the AW Futurity (G1) AND the Juvenile Bound Stakes (G3)

I really think the winner of SC races should automatically get a nomination in their respective divisions.
I'm just here for the fun of it
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

Carolyn Eaton wrote: 1 year ago I'm really irked that Pyroclastic didn't get nominated for top 2yo AW colt - he won the AW Futurity (G1) AND the Juvenile Bound Stakes (G3)

I really think the winner of SC races should automatically get a nomination in their respective divisions.
I couldn't agree more. Also, it's just not right that sprinters, who get to start racing Wk1 are grouped in with the milers and routers, who have such a short season, due to their races opening Wk 8 and Wk 10. A two week difference isn't that bad, but geesh, a sprinter can get in 5 races before the routers get on the track.

Stormy
SIRES: Turf Routers - Each multiple G1 winners

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Kelly Haggerty
Eclipse Champion

Post by Kelly Haggerty »

I Am Nightraider got dinged a bit too, because one of her G1 was in Europe and not NA. But, I guess I could have planned for that.