Barrier Trials

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Gavin Guile
Grade 3 Winner

Barrier Trials

Post by Gavin Guile »

Hi all, not sure if this has been discussed and answered before but I have the following questions regarding barrier trials:

1. Does the confidence boost from racing in a BT last until a horses first race? (E.g if I have a TR horse and I do a barrier trial week 1 and then just normal jog/gallop until debut in week 10, does the confidence boost last the 9 weeks or is there a time limit and really should do a barrier trial closer to the horses debut, etc)

2. Can confidence from barrier trials be stacked? (E.g same example as above but then the horse does another BT week 6, does this horse have more or the same confidence boost if they only did a BT week 1)

Thanks! Let me know if these questions weren’t clear.
SHOOTING STAR STABLES

Stallions
Bonecrusher (DS)
Connor (DR)
Master of Deception (DR)
Lily Wilkins
Eclipse Champion

Re: Barrier Trials

Post by Lily Wilkins »

1. What I understand from the discussions surrounding Barrier Trials, the confidence boost lasts until their next start, no matter how long in between.

2. I think a barrier trial fully restores confidence, if I understand correctly, so it wouldn't be stacked. However, The Steward has hinted that there's possibly a stacking effect with the experience gained from Barrier Trials, so a juvenile who got two Barrier Trials might perform better in their debut than they would have with one or none.
𝐴𝑧𝑢𝑙 𝐸𝑞𝑢𝑖𝑛𝑒
Since Year 30
Proudly Standing

Equinox | TR/AWR | Leased Out Y66
Quinny | DR/DM | $20,000
✾ Visit our Nursery to view our floofy little future stars!
Nicole Marie
Grade 2 Winner

Re: Barrier Trials

Post by Nicole Marie »

I believe that after a barrier trial (one) the horse's confidence automatically goes back to the max. Doing another might help with experience and fitness (don't quote me on the former) but I don't think you need to re-do the barrier trial if you haven't raced in between to keep the confidence up if that's what you're asking.
Notacatbutalawyer 16: 8-3-1, earnings of $381,300 Founder Stakes, Flat Out Stakes, Lexington Race Course Stakes, Dade County Classic, Sunshine State Stakes, Distorted Reality Stakes, Midnight in the Sahara Stakes