Heart

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Durzo Blint
Turf Router

Re: Heart

Post by Durzo Blint »

Gwayne's World wrote: 1 year ago When a timid horse is headed in deep stretch it will fold.
And similarly, will yield when chasing the pace near the wire.
Is this a fact (communicated by the Steward somewhere or multiple examples of timid horses doing this) or a guess?
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

Durzo Blint wrote: 1 year ago
Gwayne's World wrote: 1 year ago When a timid horse is headed in deep stretch it will fold.
Is this a fact (communicated by the Steward somewhere or multiple examples of timid horses doing this) or a guess?
https://www.simhorseracing.com/race.php?RaceID=1947699 this race indicates to me that heart is a lot smaller of a factor than we might think. The winner is 'timid'.
Gwayne's World
Eclipse Champion

Post by Gwayne's World »

Durzo Blint wrote: 1 year ago
Just basic common sense. And observing my own horses in their races. No more, no less.
Poldark | 3 time G1 winner. Including the Midsummer Classic. $42,500.
Gavin Guile
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Gavin Guile »

Not common sense, it’s a game, there’s code that makes this a factor, how big or small of a factor depends on that code.

This horse is timid and won the SC against a really tough field https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1524563
SHOOTING STAR STABLES

Stallions
Bonecrusher (DS)
Connor (DR)
Master of Deception (DR)
Louise Bayou
Hall of Fame

Post by Louise Bayou »

I'm hopeful the heart makes a difference in mixers. As close as their races are I would think it makes a difference. But we shall see.
“It’s like I’m driving a Mac truck with the speed of a Porsche and the brain of a rocket scientist,” Gary Stevens on Beholder
Art K Stables
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Art K Stables »

I think the difference the heart comment makes is dwarfed by the range of ability in each “ gallop” division .. A freak can be anything from a world beater to an allowance struggle and that range is much more than any heart comment
John Nicholson
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by John Nicholson »

I dont think there’s much point in having the heart comment
Art K Stables
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Art K Stables »

John Nicholson wrote: 1 year ago I dont think there’s much point in having the heart comment
I don’t either , it’s not helpful information in placing or breeding them , far more helpful information would be if the heart comment were tied to the workouts and their accuracy in determining ability so that a timid horse would do a bit worse than workouts suggest, interested would mean workout times are accurate and brave means this horse will do better at the track than workouts suggest
Erin Sanderson
Hall of Fame

Post by Erin Sanderson »

Just off the top of my head, both War Like Me and Day Will Break were timid. Day especially won quite a few close races, so I'd take it with a grain of salt. Doesn't mean I don't still get annoyed when I have a freak or stakes DR that is timid, though.
First Faith Thoroughbreds

Home of stallions War Like Me, Can't Take the Sky, Browncoat, Forte, Prodigal Son, and more!
David Faulkner
Grade 3 Winner

Post by David Faulkner »

I'm really hoping to see 'Eastern Lightning' in the breeding shed one day!
Now the question is, I would like your guidance on this comment.

How do you handle this comment of seeing it in the shed.

This TBS, is almost perfect at the commentary level for my taste, it is a Very Sound, No preference, Brave heart, what it lacks is natural speed, and that it would have been Stakes LB, but it is a Peak, now how can you agree That he can be in the shed, he must earn a minimum of 350k, so that seeing him in the shed is fulfilled, or he already has the quality to be in the shed, if he needs to earn that sum of 350k, being a peak, when the level drops from gallop to allowance, and how many years can you stay at the top

Your opinion will be of great help, to be able to understand a little better, the possibilities

Eastern Lightning
David Faulkner
Grade 3 Winner

Post by David Faulkner »

Erin Sanderson wrote: 1 year ago Just off the top of my head, both War Like Me and Day Will Break were timid. Day especially won quite a few close races, so I'd take it with a grain of salt. Doesn't mean I don't still get annoyed when I have a freak or stakes DR that is timid, though.
If I understand that part, it happens to me with the somewhat unsound
Darcy McBride
Hall of Fame

Post by Darcy McBride »

I remember quite a while ago that Em said the "heart" has always been part of each horse's makeup; we just could not see it like we do now.
As far as being hereditary, I've looked at some of my horses that I own the sire and the dam. For example, one had an Interested Sire, a Brave Dam, and the foal was Timid.

I really don't think it is going to be a big deal; much like the close photo finishes with the jockey. I've had a number of G1 winners that were/are Timid.
Just my opinion.
DM: AMERICATION MISCHIEF & JAMBOREE
TM: NIGHTWATCH
DS: SINISTER MISTER/THE HELLHOUND/DARKANDSTORMYNIGHT
AWR: TUSCANY GOLD
QH DS: EL RAY SOL
QH DM: MARK ME CHROMED
David Faulkner
Grade 3 Winner

Post by David Faulkner »

Darcy McBride wrote: 1 year ago I remember quite a while ago that Em said the "heart" has always been part of each horse's makeup; we just could not see it like we do now.
As far as being hereditary, I've looked at some of my horses that I own the sire and the dam. For example, one had an Interested Sire, a Brave Dam, and the foal was Timid.

I really don't think it is going to be a big deal; much like the close photo finishes with the jockey. I've had a number of G1 winners that were/are Timid.
Just my opinion.
:) Hello Darcy, very grateful for your support, and opinion is of great help.

So I can have a better idea of the role of each participant
David Faulkner
Grade 3 Winner

Post by David Faulkner »

Eastern Lightning has a new feature.
Eastern Lightning' is tough as nails and can run more often. Try 7 to 9 races per year!. I don't know if there is still an opportunity to comment on natural speed, that would be the best.

I am very excited about this TBS, maybe I will have the opportunity to be in the big events with him.

The only thing that discourages me is that it is a Peak, and that is like a lot of disadvantage

but good for the moments the SCJ would be a close dream to achieve, to be able to participate
David Faulkner
Grade 3 Winner

Post by David Faulkner »

Trying to interpret the comments as best as possible, and aptitude of heart
Shooter's Nest is a Brave heart, and apart from the comment You should bring him along carefully. I would insure 'Shooter's Nest' if you can afford it. You wouldn't want to lose this one! telling me that if I can assure it, being an allownace LB, I imagine that this is related to his level of quality of being able to go up even to Stakes since he has potential being an allownace, now he will really manage to level up, the configuration of the comments is fused with a hit potential between each canter comment, heart, and new comments, also related to the random factor the dates of the season opener, and week 9 in the canter changes

oh is that there is some possibility that he manages to be a better horse over time, which is not true, only a percentage that together with the random factor could be consigned.

On the other hand, with the filly Iloveyouthreemillion TBS, she with a Brave heart, Soundness:Sound and Gallop SP, I think another comment remains that I would like her to be the Natural Speed, to see her run leading, and with that heart, fight to the wire for defeating their opponents, at the TBS level I am very happy since I have a colt, and a DR filly that has acceptable and very nice characteristics, the only thing that cancels out my joy a bit is that they are Peak, and I really don't know how bad is a Peak for a Yearling