I'm kicking myself

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Dan Gordon
Listed Stakes Winner

I'm kicking myself

Post by Dan Gordon »

https://www.simhorseracing.com/race.php?RaceID=1985328

I was one of the last believers that my Born Ramblin' Man could compete with the big boys. I thought the Pegasus was my chance. But at the last minute, I got cold feet. I switched to the Elusive Pegasus. He won with a 94 figure. I was happy until I saw the Pegasus winner won with only a 92. Does this mean that I likely would have won the Pegasus? Or does each race stand on it's own? Either way, I should have taken the shot.
Anthony Zappulla
Hall of Fame

Re: I'm kicking myself

Post by Anthony Zappulla »

No body was beating Mace yesterday!! 🤪
Out of the Gate Early its Let's Go to the Mall and Do Some Shopping, followed by Baby Crying, then we have Are we there Yet!! :roll:
Nicole Marie
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Nicole Marie »

I would say not necessarily. Em has said that horses run as fast as they need to to win. It's very possible that if your horse was in the race Mace would have run an even higher figure.
Notacatbutalawyer 16: 8-3-1, earnings of $381,300 Founder Stakes, Flat Out Stakes, Lexington Race Course Stakes, Dade County Classic, Sunshine State Stakes, Distorted Reality Stakes, Midnight in the Sahara Stakes
John Smith
Grade 3 Winner

Post by John Smith »

Dan Gordon wrote: 1 year ago https://www.simhorseracing.com/race.php?RaceID=1985328

I was one of the last believers that my Born Ramblin' Man could compete with the big boys. I thought the Pegasus was my chance. But at the last minute, I got cold feet. I switched to the Elusive Pegasus. He won with a 94 figure. I was happy until I saw the Pegasus winner won with only a 92. Does this mean that I likely would have won the Pegasus? Or does each race stand on it's own? Either way, I should have taken the shot.
I'm a "shot taker," but what do I know I ain't ever won a g1. But that hasn't stopped me from entering them! See Pegasus Turf Dash!, 40k, Ill take it!

I have that same philosophy in horse wagering too unfortunately. Often think I lose more on bets I DON'T make!

Woulda Coulda Shoulda... see u at that "bar," in Del Mar? Maybe 12/3!? Wonder if they will let me open an adjoining bar, "The FOMO"!?
Last edited by John Smith 1 year ago, edited 4 times in total.
Show Good Times Farm
Quetzalcoatl (TM) 20k
Gord's Secret (TS) 42k
Five Star Hotel (TR) 20k
King of Fools (DS) 20k
Chato (DM) 15k
La Joya (TR) 10k
Dancinginmyshadow (TS) 5k
Kefren (TS) 5k
Arabian Comet (TS)
Endless River (TR)
Laura Ferguson
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Ferguson »

I think it is more likely he would have gotten into a duel with Ted Lasso, and Mace would have run past both of them. I think you made the right call.