Stewardbreds for sale

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Andrew Chillin
Hall of Fame

Stewardbreds for sale

Post by Andrew Chillin »

Just do away with these rules already this is ridiculous. Why do we have them? Rules are meant to be broken. Karl smythe “does sketchy things to get more stewies “ and Emily decides to quit the program. Then we have rules she forgets and Karl tries to weasel a with care swap. Everyone complains fairness so she switched an awesome colt to a filly as her last foal and now Karl gets the lease and what a free foal in the end anyways? Why are the rest of us subject to rules restricting the way and number of leases/purchases done through deals with the steward.

I’m just trying to be lawful evil here.

https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1595389

Karl is not the owner of the dam. The same rules that regulate and limit our transactions say this should go to auction for lease. Throw the book out the window. Let the big ballers buy as many stewies as they want.

Thank you for reading. Happy new year, sim
;p
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Re: Stewardbreds for sale

Post by Carole Hanson »

Would honestly be quite happy to get rid of SB rules. I know I'm speaking from a privileged position now, but the prices are still as high as they were before (maybe even higher), even with all the limits. I was able to build my barn even without steward breds when they were arguably better horses across an individual crop, they're not a total game breaker that absolutely MUST be accessible to all players because otherwise it's an unfair advantage. And I know I'll get a lot of flack and hate for that opinion, it is what it is.

Sorry, I know I'm slightly missing the point of your thread.
Anthony Zappulla
Hall of Fame

Post by Anthony Zappulla »

If you were to get rid of SB rules that means all the big dogs would buy them all in auction leaving nothing for the common folk
Out of the Gate Early its Let's Go to the Mall and Do Some Shopping, followed by Baby Crying, then we have Are we there Yet!! :roll:
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

Anthony Zappulla wrote: 1 year ago If you were to get rid of SB rules that means all the big dogs would buy them all in auction leaving nothing for the common folk
Even when the rules weren’t around, auction limits existed (usually 1 or 2 horses per auction). You’d still be able to buy these SBs, they’d just be easier to pinhook.
Anthony Zappulla
Hall of Fame

There are 2 or 3 auctions now, it wouldn't work
Out of the Gate Early its Let's Go to the Mall and Do Some Shopping, followed by Baby Crying, then we have Are we there Yet!! :roll:
Anthony Zappulla
Hall of Fame

There are rules to keep from dominating easily
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

Anthony Zappulla wrote: 1 year ago There are 2 or 3 auctions now, it wouldn't work
There always were 2 or 3 auctions.
Andrew Chillin
Hall of Fame

Post by Andrew Chillin »

There are rules to keep some people from complaining. What is fair? The Mr lord rich’s, Xander, Lucas, and even Laura and kent. They’re already dominating by hard work alone. The top 5 accounts in money are up to half a billion dollars in sim cash, if not over. But they’re also smart with their money and will not spend the 3million fee to add more slots just to buy your 1mil stakes sb. Where’s the cash flow? It’s all sitting so much it contains legionnaires.
;p
Anthony Zappulla
Hall of Fame

Why is thier a limit on SB?
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

That’s the million dollar question
Anthony Zappulla
Hall of Fame

To keep it fair
Kent Saunders
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Kent Saunders »

Not if your willing to pay $3m for the extra slot. You can buy 2 and lease 2. Then it's $3m a pop + the price of the horse. Yes 1 or 2 folks a year do that but I see no issue with it myself. In days gone past trainers would end up with 8-12 every season which was a problem. In addition to that it used to near impossible to get one for less than a couple $m. Now quite a few will sell for less than $1m. Overall I think the system is working......
Durzo Blint
Turf Router

Post by Durzo Blint »

Back to the original post, I've always thought/said there should be a log of all the deals between the steward and the players in these forums under the Steward Notices. I know that's probably a lot of work, but I believe she has an assistant that might be able to help? Although, I can't imagine there are a lot of these deals/leases happening each season?

I've thought this not because I think shady deals are happening, but because some of these horses are absolutely incredible and I've always wondered if there is there an opportunity for me to approach her with a similar type of deal/transaction (either today or in the future). The only deals I've ever done is lease my best mares for sim$ and race the foal and breed her once. I've never understood how other deals work, but I would be curious to know, again, for selfish reasons, so I can try to come up with a similar deal of my own or strive to plan out a future deal.

Just my two pennies.
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

Perhaps I’m ignorant but I don’t think this has been necessarily accomplished. True, more people are able to get Steward breds now, but they’re not the top pedigree ones, they’re the ones that are mediocre at best. The playing field hasn’t been levelled from my point of view, but I am happy to be proven wrong on this.

Just seen Kent’s post as well, this is the big major downside I see of getting rid of the limits. The $3 million extra slot buy in being eliminated. This is at least one way where money can be completely taken out of the game rather than just being passed around in the economy.
Andrew Chillin
Hall of Fame

Post by Andrew Chillin »

You had people breaking rules before there were displayed rules. Back room deals. Why have any of these rules if they’re bent and broken still today.
;p