a question about a comment

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
David Faulkner
Grade 3 Winner

a question about a comment

Post by David Faulkner »

How important is this comment for the running quality of those who have it?

I would insure 'Shot in the Sights' if you can afford it. You wouldn't want to lose this one!
Sara Julin
Grade 1 Winner

Re: a question about a comment

Post by Sara Julin »

David Velasquez wrote: 1 year ago How important is this comment for the running quality of those who have it?

I would insure 'Shot in the Sights' if you can afford it. You wouldn't want to lose this one!
It just means it is most likely an Allowance and above kind of a runner. It's up to you if you want to insure.
Portrait Artist of the Sim~
Standing Stallions, Crayon, Illegalist
Stallions Soon To Come, n/a
A horse gallops with it's lungs, perseveres with it's heart and wins with it's character~
David Faulkner
Grade 3 Winner

Post by David Faulkner »

Sara Julin wrote: 1 year ago
David Velasquez wrote: 1 year ago How important is this comment for the running quality of those who have it?

It just means it is most likely an Allowance and above kind of a runner. It's up to you if you want to insure.
Hi Sara, so it's a judgment call, he's an allowance LB, it means he could rise to stakes, but it's an uncertain probability
Sara Julin
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Sara Julin »

David Velasquez wrote: 1 year ago

Hi Sara, so it's a judgment call, he's an allowance LB, it means he could rise to stakes, but it's an uncertain probability
It is a judgment call, I'd say : )
Portrait Artist of the Sim~
Standing Stallions, Crayon, Illegalist
Stallions Soon To Come, n/a
A horse gallops with it's lungs, perseveres with it's heart and wins with it's character~
Shannon Hunt
Eclipse Champion

Post by Shannon Hunt »

David, I would not change your insurance standards based on that comment right now. Just about every single allowance horse in the game has that comment. Most of them won't be a huge loss if they get injured. Insure the horses you believe are special and can afford to insure, but don't spend extra money insuring things just because the trainer tells you to insure... the trainer assumes every owner is very rich :lol:
DENSE FOG - AWS multiple freak producer
YOU WILL BE FOUND - DR millionaire producer
Also standing arabian sprinter ISKANDAR ELAKBAR, all weather router SUNRISE INTHE DAWN, and chasers RACING PIRATE and SURVIVOR SE LEVE
Nena Olson
Hall of Fame

Post by Nena Olson »

Insure = Allowance or above
Don't Insure = Productive or below. I have yet to see a productive or below get the insure comment unless they improve to Allowance or better down the road.

It also doesn't seem to take breeding comment into account so keep that in mind!
✧.* SIM Artist ੈ✩‧₊˚
David Faulkner
Grade 3 Winner

Post by David Faulkner »

Shannon Hunt wrote: 1 year ago David, I would not change your insurance standards based on that comment right now. Just about every single allowance horse in the game has that comment. Most of them won't be a huge loss if they get injured. Insure the horses you believe are special and can afford to insure, but don't spend extra money insuring things just because the trainer tells you to insure... the trainer assumes every owner is very rich :lol:
:P Hello Shannon, thank you for your opinion and advice, it is present at the moment of making decisions

regards
David Faulkner
Grade 3 Winner

Post by David Faulkner »

Nena Olson wrote: 1 year ago Insure = Allowance or above
Don't Insure = Productive or below. I have yet to see a productive or below get the insure comment unless they improve to Allowance or better down the road.

It also doesn't seem to take breeding comment into account so keep that in mind!
Hello Nena, thank you very much for your opinion, I will take this into account, so look for opinions to have a better perspective

regards
David Faulkner
Grade 3 Winner

Post by David Faulkner »

David Velasquez wrote: 1 year ago

It is a judgment call, I'd say : )
:P