What Does This Horse Want?

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Lily Wilkins
Eclipse Champion

What Does This Horse Want?

Post by Lily Wilkins »

https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1543090
I'm running this nicely bred filly for The Steward, and I'm honestly starting to worry that i'm gonna send her back without even breaking her maiden :lol:
She seemed to like stretching out to 1 1/4 - it yielded her best speed figure and placing to date - but she's still not running the way she should in my opinion.
I'm trying to figure out if I should find a really cushy 1 1/4 to try her in again, or maybe give her even more ground and see how that goes? I've also thought about creating a heavily restricted race specifically for her, but getting her first win that way seems kind of cheap. Thoughts?
โคœ ๐ด๐‘ง๐‘ข๐‘™ ๐ธ๐‘ž๐‘ข๐‘–๐‘›๐‘’ โค›
Since Year 30
Proudly Standing

Equinox | TR/AWR | Leased Out Y66
Quinny | DR/DM | $20,000
โœพ Visit our Nursery to view our floofy little future stars!
Kent Saunders
Grade 1 Winner

Re: What Does This Horse Want?

Post by Kent Saunders »

These huge closer types are tough to gauge as they generally need some pace meltdown to do well. Personally I'm thinking nothing less than 10 furlongs will be her calling and probably longer. That said, her workouts have only been just ok IMO. I have had some Allw types go faster and they tend to run like yours. Needing a short field/right distance and track type to get the win.
She also probably needs some rest. Give her 3 weeks off, even Peaks tend to gain a little abilty at 3.5 and bring her back week 10
Lily Wilkins
Eclipse Champion

Re: What Does This Horse Want?

Post by Lily Wilkins »

Kent Saunders wrote: โ†‘1 year ago These huge closer types are tough to gauge as they generally need some pace meltdown to do well. Personally I'm thinking nothing less than 10 furlongs will be her calling and probably longer. That said, her workouts have only been just ok IMO. I have had some Allw types go faster and they tend to run like yours. Needing a short field/right distance and track type to get the win.
She also probably needs some rest. Give her 3 weeks off, even Peaks tend to gain a little abilty at 3.5 and bring her back week 10
I like it. Thank you Kent!
โคœ ๐ด๐‘ง๐‘ข๐‘™ ๐ธ๐‘ž๐‘ข๐‘–๐‘›๐‘’ โค›
Since Year 30
Proudly Standing

Equinox | TR/AWR | Leased Out Y66
Quinny | DR/DM | $20,000
โœพ Visit our Nursery to view our floofy little future stars!