Your opinion would be appreciated.

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Kris Freedman
Two Year Old

Your opinion would be appreciated.

Post by Kris Freedman »

Two questions that I would appreciate players opinions on,

1. Regardless if they are placing in the top 3 consistently and they are "sound" is it detrimental long term to run a 2YO sprinter every 2 weeks ?

2. How important is it to you (if at all) for a filly/mare to at least break their maiden status prior to breeding ?
Nicole Marie
Grade 2 Winner

Re: Your opinion would be appreciated.

Post by Nicole Marie »

1. I would probably give them one 3 week break, or several 2-ish week breaks (like W5D1 to W7D5) but if I'm unsure if they're rested enough I vet them.
2. I would like them to, but it's not like I'll refuse to breed something that hasn't especially if it turns out they have a good rating and hypo well.
Notacatbutalawyer 16: 8-3-1, earnings of $381,300 Founder Stakes, Flat Out Stakes, Lexington Race Course Stakes, Dade County Classic, Sunshine State Stakes, Distorted Reality Stakes, Midnight in the Sahara Stakes
Anthony Zappulla
Hall of Fame

Post by Anthony Zappulla »

I feel sound horses can run every 2 weeks easily. If perhaps they are not meeting your expectations then can always wait 4 weeks as a lay off with a little exercise, to get back in form. I tend to worry more about my stakes and better horses when it comes to this tho

From what I heard breaking Maiden means nothing for mares. Which is a topic that could be discussed, as far as it being a knock if didn't break Maiden
Out of the Gate Early its Let's Go to the Mall and Do Some Shopping, followed by Baby Crying, then we have Are we there Yet!! :roll:
Anthony Zappulla
Hall of Fame

If they are sound or better forgot to add that
Out of the Gate Early its Let's Go to the Mall and Do Some Shopping, followed by Baby Crying, then we have Are we there Yet!! :roll:
Darcy McBride
Hall of Fame

Post by Darcy McBride »

I give all the 2 year olds (sound and very sound) at least one 3 week break. After all, they are 2 year olds. I can remember a time when you always waited 3 weeks between races for the 2 year olds. Somewhat unsound I give a 2 weeks and a half or 3 week break every other race or so. Very unsound I wait the full three weeks.

I try very hard to get a maiden win on any of my mares. If they have a good pedigree, I may breed them a couple of times to see what they can produce, without the maiden win. Most of them I pension.
DM: AMERICATION MISCHIEF & JAMBOREE
TM: NIGHTWATCH
DS: SINISTER MISTER/THE HELLHOUND/DARKANDSTORMYNIGHT
AWR: TUSCANY GOLD
QH DS: EL RAY SOL
QH DM: MARK ME CHROMED
Anthony Zappulla
Hall of Fame

Darcy McBride wrote: 1 year ago I give all the 2 year olds (sound and very sound) at least one 3 week break. After all, they are 2 year olds. I can remember a time when you always waited 3 weeks between races for the 2 year olds. Somewhat unsound I give a 2 weeks and a half or 3 week break every other race or so. Very unsound I wait the full three weeks.

I try very hard to get a maiden win on any of my mares. If they have a good pedigree, I may breed them a couple of times to see what they can produce, without the maiden win. Most of them I pension.
Good point with the 2 year olds

The only thing is for stweards cup and point ratings u have to race, especially if your horse loses a race
Kris Freedman
Two Year Old

Post by Kris Freedman »

Thanks everyone that helps