When do you check if Gallop Comments Change

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Tammy Fox
Eclipse Champion

When do you check if Gallop Comments Change

Post by Tammy Fox »

I know you can check your horse somewhere around week 8 to see if gallop comments have changed. I think there are 2 other times you can check but I cannot recall when those times are. What are the times when gallop comments change?
Are these checks the same for all horses regardless of age or is it different for yearlings and 2 year olds?
Art K Stables
Grade 1 Winner

Re: When do you check if Gallop Comments Change

Post by Art K Stables »

its week 8 day 7 after the barrier trials that day... don't think yearlings change but certainly 2yo and up can change. the only other time gallops change is when the new season opens for entering races 12 hours after the horses age and switch from training barn to racing barn as yearlings turn 2 and the bred foals turn 1 and go from breeding barn to training barn.. also understand a horses gallop can change after its first race, but Ive never seen it.
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Re: When do you check if Gallop Comments Change

Post by Carole Hanson »

1) Week 8 day 7 after barrier trials
2) Pre-season when training opens
3) After first OR 2nd start (though this is pretty rare but if you want an example, my horse Courting was a solid late bloomer and improved to stakes peak after making her first start)

Yearlings can change at the mid year point (as an example, my horse Fiery Eyes went from stakes progressive to freak progressive mid year as a yearling), but it is increasingly rare and I haven’t actually seen anyone note any changes on yearlings at that time for a good few seasons.