oh crude......

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Craig Mcgee
Listed Stakes Winner

oh crude......

Post by Craig Mcgee »

https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1660753 this random injury hit hard :o $100k to breed I really really hate durn TBs. :roll: :lol:
I need supervision 24/7. :roll:
Sara Julin
Grade 1 Winner

Re: oh crude......

Post by Sara Julin »

I didn't think foals could get hit -_-' (Or I've just been living in denial).
Portrait Artist of the Sim~
Standing Stallions, Crayon, Illegalist
Stallions Soon To Come, n/a
A horse gallops with it's lungs, perseveres with it's heart and wins with it's character~
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

Yea that’s why a lot of people save breeding until right at the end of the season, less chance of getting hit. Sucks when it happens though
Carolyn Eaton
Hall of Fame

Post by Carolyn Eaton »

Ouch

But the problem with waiting is that you miss out on hot studs; As a hedge, I insure foals that the breeding had an "A" hypo mate. I have a lot of insured claimers-productives.
I'm just here for the fun of it
Shannon Hunt
Eclipse Champion

Post by Shannon Hunt »

I've gotten my two random injuries already this season. Silver lining is that I can breed as many foals as I like without worry. Sacrifice the old to protect the young.
DENSE FOG - AWS multiple freak producer
YOU WILL BE FOUND - DR millionaire producer
Also standing arabian sprinter ISKANDAR ELAKBAR, all weather router SUNRISE INTHE DAWN, and chasers RACING PIRATE and SURVIVOR SE LEVE
Nicole Marie
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Nicole Marie »

I saw that in the news feed last night and said 'ooof' out loud.
Notacatbutalawyer 16: 8-3-1, earnings of $381,300 Founder Stakes, Flat Out Stakes, Lexington Race Course Stakes, Dade County Classic, Sunshine State Stakes, Distorted Reality Stakes, Midnight in the Sahara Stakes
Joseph Depaulo
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Joseph Depaulo »

Worst thing is you’ll never know what it’s gallop will be. Steward if you see this have mercy and tell us it’s Gallop
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

I feel like it would be better to not know the Gallop 😅
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt
Jo Ferris
Hall of Fame

Post by Jo Ferris »

Way back in the day I had a Freak 2yo get hit, I then immediately named her Missed Opportunity. Luckily she's a mare and was blue hen, she FINALLY produced a freak who I named Redemption Story. So the whole thing came full circle. Also with how Redemption Story is performing I feel a lot less sad about never having the chance to race Missed Opportunity. Seriously she's the best worst horse I've ever had, like how do you run a 99SF one day but still can't win a NW4

Oh and I had a horse get hit after finishing 3rd in the SC and a stakes colt the day before his debut.

I now regularly check who's insured and just insure all my Stakes and Freak yearlings. I also wait to breed until the end of the year or after I get 2 injuries. I'm done messing around, lol
Arabian:
Money Run Low - 7.5k
Cass Ole - 5k
Mugello - 5k
All I'll Praise - 5k
Zandvoort - 10k

Paint:
Toby Flenderson - 15k
One In The Woods - 5k
We Can Be Heros - 5k
FLD Eclipse - 3.5k
Scooter - 3.5k
Nicole Marie
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Nicole Marie »

Rochelle Zahacy wrote: 1 year ago I feel like it would be better to not know the Gallop 😅
She could always lie :lol:
Notacatbutalawyer 16: 8-3-1, earnings of $381,300 Founder Stakes, Flat Out Stakes, Lexington Race Course Stakes, Dade County Classic, Sunshine State Stakes, Distorted Reality Stakes, Midnight in the Sahara Stakes
Darcy McBride
Hall of Fame

Post by Darcy McBride »

"I now regularly check who's insured and just insure all my Stakes and Freak yearlings. I also wait to breed until the end of the year or after I get 2 injuries. I'm done messing around, lol
[/quote]

I pretty much do the same thing as Jo. I will breed earlier if a stallion is 14 and in danger of pensioning. I normally insure my Stakes/Freaks; and I usually insure anything I paid $100k or better, just in case.
DM: AMERICATION MISCHIEF & JAMBOREE
TM: NIGHTWATCH
DS: SINISTER MISTER/THE HELLHOUND/DARKANDSTORMYNIGHT
AWR: TUSCANY GOLD
QH DS: EL RAY SOL
QH DM: MARK ME CHROMED
Anthony Zappulla
Hall of Fame

Post by Anthony Zappulla »

Big discount as a foal too
Out of the Gate Early its Let's Go to the Mall and Do Some Shopping, followed by Baby Crying, then we have Are we there Yet!! :roll:
Anthony Zappulla
Hall of Fame

Post by Anthony Zappulla »

To insure I mean
Out of the Gate Early its Let's Go to the Mall and Do Some Shopping, followed by Baby Crying, then we have Are we there Yet!! :roll:
Ren Marston
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Ren Marston »

this scared me into insuring the only foal in my barn https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1669146
Faking it till I make it, and then faking it some more.

Studs
Astro - DR - $25,000
4X STEWARD APPROVED, PROVEN STAKES PRODUCER
Moonlight Sonata - TR - $15,000
STEWARD APPROVED ULTRA DISCOUNT STAKES PRODUCER
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

Nicole Marie wrote: 1 year ago
Rochelle Zahacy wrote: 1 year ago I feel like it would be better to not know the Gallop 😅
She could always lie :lol:
Let me tell you about a filly named Far Fetched. Slightly different story, but still applies. She galloped claimer, me being new retired her at 2. I forget exactly how I was told, on the forum or PM, but she would have jumped to a freak. I cried off and on for a very very long time, I would have rather been oblivious 😅
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt