Anyone reserve any good names lately?

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Shannon Hunt
Eclipse Champion

Re: Anyone reserve any good names lately?

Post by Shannon Hunt »

I have a few on hand for future prospects, but if I were to narrow down some I'm most excited for... patiently waiting for the day I breed a freak bloomer/breeding shed colt, name him Rex. Ideally sired by Maximus, if I may be picky. Hallelujah and Iconic are high on the list as well. Mewsical (what I call it when my cat starts serenading me for her dinner) is on hand for when the right pedigree with the fast legs shows up.

And, before Dense Fog ended up as Dense Fog, he was very nearly named The Wizard of Aws because I'm weak for a terrible pun. So that's also parked for year 97 when I breed another decent AWS colt.
DENSE FOG - AWS multiple freak producer
YOU WILL BE FOUND - DR millionaire producer
Also standing arabian sprinter ISKANDAR ELAKBAR, all weather router SUNRISE INTHE DAWN, and chasers RACING PIRATE and SURVIVOR SE LEVE
Autumn Blackmill
Turf Router

Post by Autumn Blackmill »

Shannon Hunt wrote: 1 year ago And, before Dense Fog ended up as Dense Fog, he was very nearly named The Wizard of Aws because I'm weak for a terrible pun.
Love it!
Solarpunk DS - $40,000, NY

"Who will now henceforth and always be known as Autumn Blackmail!" ~ The Steward
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

I picked up Rod Steward this morning....was going for Jeff Beck, who worked with Steward on a lot of songs. Jeff passed away the other day. Someone else who was a fan, it seems, grabbed Jeff Beck and already had it on a foal.

A lot of my reserved names are of famous entertainers that I love, or characters from movies or t.v. shows....and sometimes phrases from shows, and songs.
Here are most them:

Name
Abe Vigoda -- Godfather and Barny Miller fame
Ashley -- name of my first cat, got her as a kitten and she lived 21 years.
Bae Bae -- name of a Kpop song by Big Bang
Barnabas Collins -- vampire from show Dark Shadows
Bruce Willis - actor
Carl Sagan - astronomer, author
Cat Named Kalamazu from Hoyt Axton song, Della And The Dealer
Chuck Norris - actor
Clap for the Wolfman song by Guess Who, about radio legend, Wolfman Jack
Davy Jones - singer, member of The Monkees
Die Hard -- Bruce Willis movie
Dire Straits -- rock band
Dolly Parton -- my favorite woman country singer
Drift Away --I was 10 when this song debuted, it's still one of my favorites, by Dobie Gray 1973
Duncan Idaho -- character from book series, Dune, by Frank Herbert
Fly Like An Eagle --song, by Steve Miller
Gallagher -- one of my favorite comedians
Garibaldi -- character from sci fi show, Babylon 5
Guns Lots of Guns - quote from a John Wick movie
Gunsmoke -- tv western I love
HaHa -- name of a golden retriever I owned
Hey You -- name of a mix breed dog I owned
Hill Street Blues - my favorite cop show
Hutch from 1970's cop show Starsky and Hutch... I also have Starsky reserved, hoping for twins someday.
Iron Kitty nickname of my cat, Ashley.
Jackie Chan martial arts actor...I have a horse named Donnie Yen (IP Man movies) he's another favorite martial arts actor
James Arness Played Matt Dillon on Gunsmoke - I also have a horse named Matt Dillon.
Jim Caviezel actor, Person Of Interest series
John Wick Keanu Reeves movie character
Keanu Reeves actor, same age as me, followed him for decades now, he's one of my all time favorites.
Lynyrd Skynyrd 70's rock group, famous for song Sweet Home Alabama, and some members who died in plane crash
Mad Max Mel Gibson movie
Magic Johnson Basketball legend... I also have a horse named after his good friend and rival, Larry Bird
Meathead From Archie Bunker show, nickname of Archie's son in law
Michael Emerson actor. LOST, played Ben Linus, on Person of Interest, played Harold Finch. I have both names on horses.
Mr Bojangles famous dancer, plus a song title by Mr. Walker, but made more famous by Nitty Gritty Dirt Band
Mr. Blue Sky song by one of my favorite groups: The Electric Light Orchestra (ELO)
Nestor Carbonell Actor, from shows The Tick, LOST, and Batman movie to name a few
One Tin Soldier end song from a favorite movie, Billy Jack. recorded by Covin for the movie
Paul Newman actor. My favorites of his many great movies: Cat on a Hot Tin Roof, Cool Hand Luke and Nobody's Fool.
Richard Petty NASCAR Legend
Riff Raff -- character/singer in Rocky Horror Picture Show
Robert Redford Actor of a lot of movies I love, especially Butch Cassidy and The Sundance Kid (with Paul Newman)
Rod Stewart Rock singer
Rooster Cogburn John Wayne movie character
Sawyer character from LOST, who had a nickname or several for everybody on the show.
Seven of Nine character from Star Trek Voyager, a Borg who is member of the Voyager crew
Shambala song by 70's group Three Dog Night (group name on reserve too)
Solitary Man song by Neil Diamond, I have his name on a horse too
Spurlock a dear internet friend, Robbie Spurlock. I met him on a DRF contest board, when it closed, he, me and 2 others, Romo, and Kennedy ended up on Thoroughbred Champions forum, he charmed everyone there too. Funny Funny guy...RIP Robbie.
Starsky character from Starsky and Hutch t.v. show
Supertramp 70's pop group
The Black Stallion Book series, must have re-read the whole series about 6 to 8 times in my life.
The Midnight Special t.v. show featured live stages of top songs back in the 70s, Wolfman Jack was often a host
Three Dog Night70s rock group, one of my favorites
Tom Petty Great rocker, one of my regrets in life...not getting to one of his concerts...RIP Tom Petty
Vercingetorix Gallic king, fought hard against Julius Caesar, and lost. Taken to Rome and later strangled.

------
Stormy
SIRES: Turf Routers - Each multiple G1 winners

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Carolyn Eaton
Hall of Fame

Post by Carolyn Eaton »

I just used the name Europa on the last foal out of Pandora's Box.

I made sure to reserve Triple Dog Dare Ya for an offspring of Double Dog Dare Ya
I'm just here for the fun of it