Racing after mid year gallop

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
J.P Dogood
Derby Contender

Racing after mid year gallop

Post by J.P Dogood »

I’ve always wondered this and am curious what others do.

Say I run a horse on week 8 day 5 and then gallop on 9-1 to see if they improved. Do you all stick to the two week rest here and run again 10-5 or give them extra rest because of the gallop?

*assume they had a 3 week rest recently and aren’t necessarily due for one
Jo Ferris
Hall of Fame

Re: Racing after mid year gallop

Post by Jo Ferris »

Usually I do a 3 week rest if I gallop, but I’ve done less before. Depends on the horse
Arabian:
Money Run Low - 7.5k
Cass Ole - 5k
Mugello - 5k
All I'll Praise - 5k
Zandvoort - 10k

Paint:
Toby Flenderson - 15k
One In The Woods - 5k
We Can Be Heros - 5k
FLD Eclipse - 3.5k
Scooter - 3.5k
Nicole Marie
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Nicole Marie »

I will usually time their 3 week rest to happen around that time if I'm going to gallop - or I will just spend the GPs to talent check. (Or if it's a sound or very sound horse, I'll just vet it to see how it's doing if I want to race it back.)
Notacatbutalawyer 16: 8-3-1, earnings of $381,300 Founder Stakes, Flat Out Stakes, Lexington Race Course Stakes, Dade County Classic, Sunshine State Stakes, Distorted Reality Stakes, Midnight in the Sahara Stakes
Kelly Haggerty
Eclipse Champion

Post by Kelly Haggerty »

I vet a lot. Each horse can be so different. Some of mine come back really quickly, and one of them is hard to keep fit even with just 2 weeks break. There is that gallop comment about some horses being able to race more as well. That said, week 10 is also a pretty convenient time to squeeze in the extra week break and still get to the year-end races.
Nicole Marie
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Nicole Marie »

Kelly Haggerty wrote: 1 year ago I vet a lot. Each horse can be so different. Some of mine come back really quickly, and one of them is hard to keep fit even with just 2 weeks break. There is that gallop comment about some horses being able to race more as well. That said, week 10 is also a pretty convenient time to squeeze in the extra week break and still get to the year-end races.
I have one filly who vets 'ready to race' a week after her last race. I'm like stop rebounding so fast, I cannot race you 16 times per year. :lol:
Notacatbutalawyer 16: 8-3-1, earnings of $381,300 Founder Stakes, Flat Out Stakes, Lexington Race Course Stakes, Dade County Classic, Sunshine State Stakes, Distorted Reality Stakes, Midnight in the Sahara Stakes
Kent Saunders
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Kent Saunders »

Your playing with fire in your example, I would give extra rest even if it's a couple days