Curious about "Create a Horse"

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Kelly Haggerty
Eclipse Champion

Re: Curious about "Create a Horse"

Post by Kelly Haggerty »

All good points. Creating bloodlines would be fun for sure. And as for drama, well yeah pretty sure that’s covered.
Kaine Saracen
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Kaine Saracen »

At one point, bought a large number of CAM's for the purpose of building a long term line from scratch. Of about thirty mares just one managed produce one progeny that got to the second phase and in the breeding shed it flopped badly. For me, it then became a case of those were a waste of money since there was clearly zero gain for the effort. These days when I get a hankering to try something like that, I usually look at the steward imports that other players bred to a GP/RL stud and pay Sim dollars. Some times I get a success, but mostly they fail still.
Pretty clear message there I think.
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

I just have no use for importing even more generic productive to allowance type runners via CAH. We already have LITERAL thousands of them, many for sale all the time, and if you want the ability to make better than allowance with the CAH then we start touching the "I worked hard in this game how come someone can just create a stakes horse" drama that we went through a few years ago. There are so many ways to get generic horses that working hard to update a creative tool that statistically would continue to make more generic horses doesn't seem like a good use of time.
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

I gave way a more allowance horses than I have time to enter. If anyone would like free leases send me a PM. I only breed DR/TM, with a few TS/DS sprinkled in.
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt