What was TBSHoliday?

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Anna Nowak
Sprinter

What was TBSHoliday?

Post by Anna Nowak »

I've seen "Sold at: TBSHoliday" on quite a few horses and I'm wondering what TBSHoliday was. I mean, I know it's an auction, but I want to know more, what it was about and all that stuff. I see the horses have only a sire and have generally been sold for a quite low price? It kind of reminds me of those IRL sired mare auctions but those sell for way more.
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Re: What was TBSHoliday?

Post by Carole Hanson »

It was a Christmas present style sale where people got to buy Steward made mixers for low prices, except those mixers were a bit over powered and there was a lot of drama surrounding them. People weren’t happy because some missed out on this and then ended up falling behind in the division.
Brian Leavitt
Eclipse Champion

Post by Brian Leavitt »

People got crazy stallions and this is what I got 😂💀

https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=946670
I have a stable full of cats
Andrew Chillin
Hall of Fame

Post by Andrew Chillin »

Brian Leavitt wrote: 1 year ago People got crazy stallions and this is what I got 😂💀

https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=946670
Rip
;p
Anthony Zappulla
Hall of Fame

Post by Anthony Zappulla »

Carole Hanson wrote: 1 year ago It was a Christmas present style sale where people got to buy Steward made mixers for low prices, except those mixers were a bit over powered and there was a lot of drama surrounding them. People weren’t happy because some missed out on this and then ended up falling behind in the division.
So I'm guessing that kind of sale is out of the question 🤔
Out of the Gate Early its Let's Go to the Mall and Do Some Shopping, followed by Baby Crying, then we have Are we there Yet!! :roll:
Andrew Chillin
Hall of Fame

Post by Andrew Chillin »

I’m down just for the drama. But we had a gp sale not long ago. Everyone was allowed 1 stud or mare for 45k gp. They were all the same stats and roughly 2nd tier studs. The mares are meh at best
;p
Louise Bayou
Hall of Fame

Post by Louise Bayou »

Yea my stallion is horrid sooooo no thanks to future auctions like that lol
“It’s like I’m driving a Mac truck with the speed of a Porsche and the brain of a rocket scientist,” Gary Stevens on Beholder
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

The holiday studs helped with diversity, but killed the stud market for everyone who had been working hard at producing home bred studs.
If studs are created out of thin air and sold for close to nothing, they should never be made better than what is already offered on the market.
A CAVAL DONATO NON SI GUARDA IN BOCCA