Who wants to tell?

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Kelly Haggerty
Eclipse Champion

Who wants to tell?

Post by Kelly Haggerty »

Who wants to tell these horses that someone must cross the finish line first? I think this group may be very disappointed to hear that. I sponsored the race for my prodigal in the hopes of tricking him into a win. Looks like I am not the only one with a problem child here lol.

https://www.simhorseracing.com/racewith ... ID=2048442
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Re: Who wants to tell?

Post by Stormy Peak »

My guy has the most an appropriate name in the group : p (ignoring Unholy Mischief, lol)

https://www.simhorseracing.com/race.php?RaceID=2048442

I am just kind of hoping, I'm a Bad Man, is fit enough to just out last the rest of them...hoping the rest of the lot will drop out from exhaustion around the 1 7/8th mark. : )

Stormy
SIRES: Turf Routers - Each multiple G1 winners

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

My guy has the most an appropriate name in the group : p (ignoring Unholy Mischief, lol)

https://www.simhorseracing.com/race.php?RaceID=2048442

I am just kind of hoping, I'm a Bad Man, is fit enough to just out last the rest of them...hoping the rest of the lot will drop out from exhaustion around the 1 7/8th mark. : )

But, too, I wouldn't mind a 2nd place finish. He's a 4 year old Productive Peak, gelding, who's making some money running in NW-2 races. If he wins, he'll have to compete in the little bit harder NW-3 races.

~I own the stud, so there was no expense there in breeding him
~I've spent about $10 thousand shipping him 1st class.
~Spent $1,000 to whisper him
~He spent most of his barn time in my barn, so I spent about $400 resting him in other player's barns
~And in daily fees, to the end of this year, he'll cost me $2,240

Approx. total $13,640
His Earnings = $32,500
--------------------------------
Approx. PROFIT: $18,860

So, I'm not unhappy with that, given he's been a Productive type his whole life and I've never run him in what could be easier claiming races. The rest of this season will determine if I run him as a 5 year old. But if I don't, I would like to see him end his career with at least $45 thousand in earnings. I

Stormy

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Kelly Haggerty
Eclipse Champion

Post by Kelly Haggerty »

Mine is (was?) supposed to be a foundation sire for my stable. He was born allowance lb and given his name in honor of his parents, since Mazzaroth is a Hebrew reference to the constellations of stars that indeed appear to “march” through the sky. He has a cat and everything else I could throw at him. He was born allowance LB, went allowance peak, surprised me wk9 of this year popping up to stakes and ran a ho-hum 3rd immediately thereafter. I am still hoping for him and thought I’d try a marathon and see.
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

Kelly Haggerty wrote: 1 year ago Mine is (was?) supposed to be a foundation sire for my stable. He was born allowance lb and given his name in honor of his parents, since Mazzaroth is a Hebrew reference to the constellations of stars that indeed appear to “march” through the sky. He has a cat and everything else I could throw at him. He was born allowance LB, went allowance peak, surprised me wk9 of this year popping up to stakes and ran a ho-hum 3rd immediately thereafter. I am still hoping for him and thought I’d try a marathon and see.
If he doesn't win this time out, it might be worth it to put him into a barrier trial and get all his confidence back, given he's a stakes type.

Like I said, I don't mind if my guy doesn't win, although I would like to see him get 2nd or at worst 3rd.

Stormy

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000