Arc hype time

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Shannon Hunt
Eclipse Champion

Arc hype time

Post by Shannon Hunt »

This is a cool race with cool horses. Tough to point out a favorite. Counting somewhat unreliably on my phone, this field represents 37 or 38 G1 wins total, depending on how you count the Grogu - Honour and Privilege dead heat in the Brisbane Derby.

Missing a few stars though. Garret why is Exodus elsewhere. The people ('tis I, I am the people) want to know. I see the Cox Trophy has drawn away a few big names, but there's still time to swap (here's that peer pressure you were looking for, Carole).

I'm tempted to add my filly Sea Ghost to the mix, as I've never had an Arc entry before, but hoo boy is it intimidating. The balance between being smart and being bold is a tricky beast and I'm not too good at wrangling it.

Anyone else out there with maybe-entries? Or just general excitement? Who's winning?

handy dandy race link
Last edited by Shannon Hunt 1 year ago, edited 5 times in total.
DENSE FOG - AWS multiple freak producer
YOU WILL BE FOUND - DR millionaire producer
Also standing arabian sprinter ISKANDAR ELAKBAR, all weather router SUNRISE INTHE DAWN, and chasers RACING PIRATE and SURVIVOR SE LEVE
Nicole Marie
Grade 2 Winner

Re: Arc hype time

Post by Nicole Marie »

I like Fire Meet Gasoline for it, even coming off the loss. Would love to see Wolfman Jack get the win, though.
Notacatbutalawyer 16: 8-3-1, earnings of $381,300 Founder Stakes, Flat Out Stakes, Lexington Race Course Stakes, Dade County Classic, Sunshine State Stakes, Distorted Reality Stakes, Midnight in the Sahara Stakes
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

Yea where IS Exodus?? 🤔

I think I’ll stay in Australia haha :lol:
Andrew Chillin
Hall of Fame

Post by Andrew Chillin »

Will double dog dare you make an appearance with a “short” rest?

I decided to be so bold… I entered immediately after week 12 results and haven’t looked at it since.
;p
Kelly Haggerty
Eclipse Champion

Post by Kelly Haggerty »

I really want to enter something in just a devil-may-care fashion. But, I don't think I have one really.
Bradley Davis
Eclipse Champion

Post by Bradley Davis »

Tempted to run Bolivar, but apparenly he loves a dry track and more importantly he looks to be just a cut below the best of the field. Gotta be in it to win it, though.
Andrew Chillin
Hall of Fame

Post by Andrew Chillin »

Bradley Davis wrote: 1 year ago Tempted to run Bolivar, but apparenly he loves a dry track and more importantly he looks to be just a cut below the best of the field. Gotta be in it to win it, though.
You said it. Go big or go home
;p
Anthony Zappulla
Hall of Fame

Post by Anthony Zappulla »

Tough on the 3yr olds!! Should be an interesting race tho
Out of the Gate Early its Let's Go to the Mall and Do Some Shopping, followed by Baby Crying, then we have Are we there Yet!! :roll:
Thomas Hamilton
Two Year Old

Post by Thomas Hamilton »

I’m with Nicole on this one. Would love to see Wolfman Jack run a big race
Shannon Hunt
Eclipse Champion

Post by Shannon Hunt »

I see Bolivar's in, which brings us up to 40+ G1 wins represented :) Sachmis remains the lone filly so far, and one of a trio of three year olds. I love a filly to root for but there may be too much to overcome here... who knows! Grogu might not have won every race this year but he's consistently up front in some of the toughest races on the calendar. I can see him taking off and never looking back.

Edit - Sachmis no longer the lone filly, I've been talked into shooting my shot with Sea Ghost. Not the fastest in the field, but she's won several G1s this year and likes the mud, so no reason to hold back - who knows how long it'll be until the next Arc-worthy horse shows up in my barn.
DENSE FOG - AWS multiple freak producer
YOU WILL BE FOUND - DR millionaire producer
Also standing arabian sprinter ISKANDAR ELAKBAR, all weather router SUNRISE INTHE DAWN, and chasers RACING PIRATE and SURVIVOR SE LEVE
Cleo Patra
Hall of Fame

Post by Cleo Patra »

My kids aren’t super strong over the 1 1/2 miles. Not in this level of company anyway. Thus they are in the Asia pacific not getting pounded into sand.
AT STUD
DR... ROYAL ASSASSIN | WITTED
TR... DAY TO DAY | FIRST CLASS | MEGAPIXELS | MIJO | VALAR | WILDNESS
Future Sires... CINEMA (Y69 or 70) | TRAILBLAZING (Y68 or 69)
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

Wolfman Jack likes the distance, he also likes mud...but doesn't 'love it'

He's only 3, and as someone above mentioned, it's a hard race for the 3 year olds. He's coming off a win in a Grade 1 race, so I hope this will help his confidence, and not result in a bounce.

Wolfman Jack

If he even finishes dead last, I will still always be So Proud of him. After decades of Sim years, in trying to win a SC turf route race, Wolfman Jack was the one who finally did it for me -- that's a shine that will never dull no matter how he fairs in future races.

Stormy
SIRES: Turf Routers - Each multiple G1 winners

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Carolyn Eaton
Hall of Fame

Post by Carolyn Eaton »

Mr. Lord Chillin wrote: 1 year ago Will double dog dare you make an appearance with a “short” rest?

I decided to be so bold… I entered immediately after week 12 results and haven’t looked at it since.
Its been the debate. As to recovery - he recovers very quickly - with less than a week's rest this is his vet comment: "Here is what I found. There are currently no physical problems that I can see with Double Dog Dare Ya. This horse should be fine tomorrow, check back with me then if you'd like. Have a great week!" He also "loves" mud.
I'm just here for the fun of it
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

Bradley Davis wrote: 1 year ago Tempted to run Bolivar, but apparenly he loves a dry track and more importantly he looks to be just a cut below the best of the field. Gotta be in it to win it, though.
Just found out Bolivar and Vormir aren't the same horse.
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Jon Xett
Eclipse Champion

Post by Jon Xett »

J E D I is currently 75-1 to win the Arc de Triomphe.
This 5 year old has a record of 20: 6-5-6. He was a stalking horse to the speedy Grogu in the Gr. 1 King George in his 5 year old wake up call albeit passing tired horses. He has earned checks in all 5 turf route stakes this year. Odds are 9/5 that he draws the rail and goes off at 99-1 odds.
J E D I's best fried is a tuxedo cat named Justice. There is only 1 week until post time - plenty of time to get the gate to the 20 maximum. That is all, jX