What am I doing wrong?

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Leigh Ann Anderson
Hall of Fame

What am I doing wrong?

Post by Leigh Ann Anderson »

https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1539372

One of the most frustrating of all the frustrating horses in my barn. He was a gp auction Stewardbred purchase. He won a few gp sired stakes, so take those for what you will but has sputtered.

Any ideas of how to turn him around? He has the correct equipment. He's stakes, versatile and fully fit and about to meet the gelding knife if I can't figure him out. Or if anyone wants to buy or lease him, message me in the game with an offer
Windborn turf router $20000; Nite Skyturf router $18000; Black Tears turf router $5,000; Dream Goodnite turf router $5000; Accend turf router $5000; Independence Hall dirt miler $40000
Lori Hamill
Hall of Fame

Re: What am I doing wrong?

Post by Lori Hamill »

I'm no good with anything so take it as you will. He has the same breeding as Danon Glorious (https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1235391) who liked to go way long.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

I agree he looks bred to go. Mile or more, but you never know with these things sometimes. Have you tried at sprint. Possible do a timed work week 16 day 4 or 5 at 3f and then you have a clearer picture for next season. Just a thought.

One more thing, do you think he might have sone AW in him?
A CAVAL DONATO NON SI GUARDA IN BOCCA
Carolyn Eaton
Hall of Fame

Post by Carolyn Eaton »

His 4f turf works are good but not great, as was his 5ft work; so working him 6f on turf and AW may be helpful. If you don't want to do the workouts, going to an allowance at 1 1/4- 1 1/2 miles would be a good option; overall, I don't think you're doing anything "wrong" - versatile horses can be challenging to find their best niche.
I'm just here for the fun of it