Question about Claimer/Solid Gallopers with Breeding Shed Comment

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Tammy Fox
Eclipse Champion

Question about Claimer/Solid Gallopers with Breeding Shed Comment

Post by Tammy Fox »

I am trying to decide whether to GP or when they turn 2 pension some yearling fillies with claimer and solid gallop comments that also have the breeding shed comment.
Has anyone had experience with a Claimer or Solid Galloper that has the breeding shed comment being a Star or Blue Hen or are they mostly Good to Formidables?
Tan Gent
Listed Stakes Winner

Re: Question about Claimer/Solid Gallopers with Breeding Shed Comment

Post by Tan Gent »

The breeding comment has more significance for allowance or better to what I have observed so far.
All surface route

Rich Strike (Steward approved x3)

DR

You Won Me Over (Steward approved)
Carolyn Eaton
Hall of Fame

Post by Carolyn Eaton »

long pre-dates the breeding shed comment - Yellowtail - the dam of Double Dog Dare Ya- was a "solid" galloper who got a "formidable" rating; other than him - the freak, she has produced one allowance, one productive and 2 claimers
I'm just here for the fun of it
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

My general advice would be to keep around the good pedigree ones and get rid of the ones with mediocre at best pedigrees. One of my personal rules is that a filly has to have a great sire for me to keep her on as a broodmare. I find the ones from more random stallions, even when paired with a great mare, tend to produce not so well.
Shannon Hunt
Eclipse Champion

Post by Shannon Hunt »

I have never seen a TB filly with a less-than-allowance gallop (at their peak, obviously some downgrade over time) retire blue hen. A lot of my breeding shed productives are retiring star (though certainly not all). Not sure I've seen a star solid ever, the claimers are formidable at best. So it's all relative, but like Carole says, if their pedigrees are good, they might be trying out a bit. If their pedigrees are mediocre, I'd probably cut my losses early (if I were wiser, though I'm very very bad at culling as much as I ought to).
DENSE FOG - AWS multiple freak producer
YOU WILL BE FOUND - DR millionaire producer
Also standing arabian sprinter ISKANDAR ELAKBAR, all weather router SUNRISE INTHE DAWN, and chasers RACING PIRATE and SURVIVOR SE LEVE