Help With This Guy?

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Lily Wilkins
Eclipse Champion

Help With This Guy?

Post by Lily Wilkins »

https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1513995

I bought this colt in hopes of running him for a couple of seasons and getting him to the $350,000 mark because I think he has stud potential. He's a TBS Game Point horse, which I was under the impression are supposed to be the nicer horses in the Steward's crop. This guy is a "Stakes" level galloper.

He could be running tired, because I worked him a lot to get him fit from his long layoff, but I waited two weeks to run him after doing that, and he had a full two weeks before his race tonight. He's Sound and I use First Class Shipping. I figured that being Kingdom Come x Penguin, he should be fine with anything from 1 1/8 to 1 1/4 distance-wise, but maybe I'm wrong? I fully admit that I could be mismanaging him because i'm desperate to get some earnings on him.

How should I tackle him next season?
โคœ ๐ด๐‘ง๐‘ข๐‘™ ๐ธ๐‘ž๐‘ข๐‘–๐‘›๐‘’ โค›
Since Year 30
Proudly Standing

Equinox | TR/AWR | $50,000
Quinny | DR/DM | $10,000
โœพ Visit our Nursery to view our floofy little future stars!
Gigi Gofaster
Hall of Fame

Re: Help With This Guy?

Post by Gigi Gofaster »

Maybe try 1 1/16? Kingdom Come's best SF after his 2 yo year was at 1 1/8, and Penguin's was at 1 1/16. If he were mine (which I wish he were, so if you decide he's worth more in a sale or a lease than in trying to race I'm here for you), I'd (1) do a barrier trial to get his confidence up and (3) see if he's a 1 1/16- 1 1/8 instead of a 1 1/8 - 1 1/4 horse. KC x MoM hasn't been a very successful cross, but the best ones seem to have topped out a 1 1/8.
"I was afraid of Gigi, it was true." Oh yes. Be afraid. Be very afraid...
"Gigi, you continue to impress the heck out of me." - The Steward. Okay, it was 10 RL years ago, but I'm keeping it.
Lily Wilkins
Eclipse Champion

Re: Help With This Guy?

Post by Lily Wilkins »

Gigi Gofaster wrote: โ†‘1 year ago Maybe try 1 1/16? Kingdom Come's best SF after his 2 yo year was at 1 1/8, and Penguin's was at 1 1/16. If he were mine (which I wish he were, so if you decide he's worth more in a sale or a lease than in trying to race I'm here for you), I'd (1) do a barrier trial to get his confidence up and (3) see if he's a 1 1/16- 1 1/8 instead of a 1 1/8 - 1 1/4 horse. KC x MoM hasn't been a very successful cross, but the best ones seem to have topped out a 1 1/8.
Thank you so much!!
โคœ ๐ด๐‘ง๐‘ข๐‘™ ๐ธ๐‘ž๐‘ข๐‘–๐‘›๐‘’ โค›
Since Year 30
Proudly Standing

Equinox | TR/AWR | $50,000
Quinny | DR/DM | $10,000
โœพ Visit our Nursery to view our floofy little future stars!