ya gotta have heart

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Art K Stables
Grade 1 Winner

ya gotta have heart

Post by Art K Stables »

So, with the most freaks I have raced in one season, until today I had raced 0 grade 1 winners until this race today.. I ask you check the comment on the race, and then guess what the winner's heart rating is. You should get it in one guess..

https://www.simhorseracing.com/race.php?RaceID=2040758
Andrew Chillin
Hall of Fame

Re: ya gotta have heart

Post by Andrew Chillin »

Timid
;p
Art K Stables
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Art K Stables »

Of course lord chillin is correct which begs the question, how would anyone in a million years be able to glean a horse’s heart rating without it being revealed which also tells me the game would be far more interesting if more ratings were revealed because it’s never going to happen in game play
Lily Wilkins
Eclipse Champion

Post by Lily Wilkins »

Well that’s a confusing contradiction, eh?
𝐴𝑧𝑢𝑙 𝐸𝑞𝑢𝑖𝑛𝑒
Since Year 30
Proudly Standing

Equinox | TR/AWR | $50,000
Quinny | DR/DM | $10,000
✾ Visit our Nursery to view our floofy little future stars!
Andrew Chillin
Hall of Fame

Post by Andrew Chillin »

Not the first one Ive seen like that
;p
Gwen Morse
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Gwen Morse »

Art K Stables wrote: 1 year ago Of course lord chillin is correct which begs the question, how would anyone in a million years be able to glean a horse’s heart rating without it being revealed which also tells me the game would be far more interesting if more ratings were revealed because it’s never going to happen in game play
To answer: we wouldn't, because heart has such a small effect on race performance that there's no way to glean it from watching the horses.

I agree it would be fun to see more information like this about our horses - the **tiny** penalties/bonuses (or even potentially 'neutral' information if any exists).
--
my swap mares: https://tinyurl.com/35jk5aah
Regina Moore's new player articles (not mine) https://www.simhorseracing.com/featurer ... pleID=5100
Laura Smith
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Smith »

I'd be curious to know what Abraxan's heart rating is.
LONG OVERDUE FARM: Keepin' it Canada since Year 16.
Stallions to meet your every need. As long as you need a turf sprinter.
Nena Olson
Hall of Fame

Post by Nena Olson »

Champion is timid too
✧.* SIM Artist ੈ✩‧₊˚
Anthony Zappulla
Hall of Fame

Post by Anthony Zappulla »

I wanted to know Steamboat Willie's but it's a secret
Out of the Gate Early its Let's Go to the Mall and Do Some Shopping, followed by Baby Crying, then we have Are we there Yet!! :roll:
Art K Stables
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Art K Stables »

Gwen Morse wrote: 1 year ago
Art K Stables wrote: 1 year ago Of course lord chillin is correct which begs the question, how would anyone in a million years be able to glean a horse’s heart rating without it being revealed which also tells me the game would be far more interesting if more ratings were revealed because it’s never going to happen in game play
To answer: we wouldn't, because heart has such a small effect on race performance that there's no way to glean it from watching the horses.

I agree it would be fun to see more information like this about our horses - the **tiny** penalties/bonuses (or even potentially 'neutral' information if any exists).
Well I understand that it's small but when the comment on the race specifically mentions heart.. And yes I guess it's possible the horse he beat has a timid heart too, so I guess the comment means he just has a slightly more teeny tiny bit of heart? :D But then again, its impossible to tell, maybe this horse would have won bigger races if his heart wasn't microscopic, but not quite as microscopic as a field of other grade 1 contenders 8-)
Anthony Zappulla
Hall of Fame

Post by Anthony Zappulla »

I think heart on grand scale like being the best of its era types the timid heart probably won't be in that conversation

But time will time
Out of the Gate Early its Let's Go to the Mall and Do Some Shopping, followed by Baby Crying, then we have Are we there Yet!! :roll:
John Smith
Grade 3 Winner

Post by John Smith »

is it small?

4 back Abraxan beat Stay Steel by a length https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1458646
https://www.simhorseracing.com/race.php?RaceID=2016700

Steel is a "shell" even after a barrier trial
Show Good Times Farm
Quetzalcoatl (TM) 20k
Gord's Secret (TS) 42k
Five Star Hotel (TR) 20k
King of Fools (DS) 20k
Chato (DM) 15k
La Joya (TR) 10k
Dancinginmyshadow (TS) 5k
Kefren (TS) 5k
Arabian Comet (TS)
Endless River (TR)
Tan Gent
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Tan Gent »

Someone has to be bravest even all of them are timid.
All surface route

Rich Strike (Steward approved x3)

DR

You Won Me Over (Steward approved)