Small Victories!

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Nicole Marie
Grade 2 Winner

Small Victories!

Post by Nicole Marie »

In Year 61 I passed my total SIM earnings into seven figures - which was big for me given how bad I was at this game for the first several SIM years I played. I decided that my Y63 goal would be to earn over one million dollars in one season - it took me six full years to hit that as a total, so I figured it would be a nice one year goal for me this year. And I did it! $1,349,370 total. Not sure what my goal should be for next year, just got my first graded stakes this year with Notacatbutalawyer, so maybe next year I'll set a numeric goal for graded stakes wins. Or maybe next year I'll buy my first Steward-bred. We'll see.

Does anyone else have any 'little goals' for Y64?
Notacatbutalawyer 16: 8-3-1, earnings of $381,300 Founder Stakes, Flat Out Stakes, Lexington Race Course Stakes, Dade County Classic, Sunshine State Stakes, Distorted Reality Stakes, Midnight in the Sahara Stakes
Nick Gilmore
Hall of Fame

Re: Small Victories!

Post by Nick Gilmore »

Reduce my number of horses, lol. But I say this every year.

Congrats on your progression in the game. There’s definitely a learning curve.
Nicole Marie
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Nicole Marie »

Nick Gilmore wrote: 1 year ago Reduce my number of horses, lol. But I say this every year.

Congrats on your progression in the game. There’s definitely a learning curve.
I definitely also need to do this. I bred way too many this year. I always say I need to breed 'less' but I'm thinking I pick a specific number and stick to being at or under that.
Notacatbutalawyer 16: 8-3-1, earnings of $381,300 Founder Stakes, Flat Out Stakes, Lexington Race Course Stakes, Dade County Classic, Sunshine State Stakes, Distorted Reality Stakes, Midnight in the Sahara Stakes
Anthony Zappulla
Hall of Fame

Post by Anthony Zappulla »

Agreed I cut back some this year aswell
Out of the Gate Early its Let's Go to the Mall and Do Some Shopping, followed by Baby Crying, then we have Are we there Yet!! :roll:
Autumn Blackmill
Turf Router

Post by Autumn Blackmill »

This was my best year win % wise, and I want to keep that up next year. So 20%+ wins again.

Congrats on hitting $1million in earnings!
Solarpunk DS - $40,000, NY

"Who will now henceforth and always be known as Autumn Blackmail!" ~ The Steward
Kelly Haggerty
Eclipse Champion

Post by Kelly Haggerty »

Congrats on hitting your target!

This was a learning year for me. I raced so many of my horses W16 last year, and then in W2 they mostly seemed not quite fit. So I started out on my back foot, so to speak, I had a ton going on with my business that had me distracted, and it was a rather "meh" SIM year. I did manage to reach my target of >60% OTB, but I did it the boring way. Not a single G1 and only 4 stakes wins all season.

I rested most of my better horses W16 this time around, and I am planning to be more focused. So, double-digit stakes wins next year, I guess, and a running start W1.
John Smith
Grade 3 Winner

Post by John Smith »

Congrats!

I'd like to breed less next year... don't get me wrong - it is fun, but...I'd like to set a number perhaps also
Show Good Times Farm
Quetzalcoatl (TM) 20k
Gord's Secret (TS) 42k
Five Star Hotel (TR) 20k
King of Fools (DS) 20k
Chato (DM) 15k
La Joya (TR) 10k
Dancinginmyshadow (TS) 5k
Kefren (TS) 5k
Arabian Comet (TS)
Endless River (TR)
Gwen Morse
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Gwen Morse »

Nicole Marie wrote: 1 year ago In Year 61 I passed my total SIM earnings into seven figures - which was big for me given how bad I was at this game for the first several SIM years I played. I decided that my Y63 goal would be to earn over one million dollars in one season - it took me six full years to hit that as a total, so I figured it would be a nice one year goal for me this year. And I did it! $1,349,370 total. Not sure what my goal should be for next year, just got my first graded stakes this year with Notacatbutalawyer, so maybe next year I'll set a numeric goal for graded stakes wins. Or maybe next year I'll buy my first Steward-bred. We'll see.
Congratulations on your great season. :D
Nicole Marie wrote: 1 year ago Does anyone else have any 'little goals' for Y64?
I've been struggling since my return so my goal is to have a stakes runner/winner.
--
my swap mares: https://tinyurl.com/35jk5aah
Regina Moore's new player articles (not mine) https://www.simhorseracing.com/featurer ... pleID=5100