With Festivus round the corner - who are you hoping to see gallop freak...

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Re: With Festivus round the corner - who are you hoping to see gallop freak...

Post by Stormy Peak »

I usually go for fillies with mares from my Foremost line...but I chose a colt with this pairing. I would really love to see him gallop as a freak and go on to do big things in his career.

I love his pedigree and his dam was a blue hen...notable horses that influence his pedigree, His sire, Brilliance, Reddington, Itoko, Sidney, (twice)...and the super broodmares mares, Shahir'ra and Witch's Familiar

He's named after my all time favorite basketball player.

Larry Bird

I have others I, of course, would love to have them be freaks, but I really want a colt...this colt to do it and do it big time...just like Larry Legend!

Stormy
SIRES: Turf Routers - Each multiple G1 winners

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

Stormy Peak wrote: 1 year ago ............He's named after my all time favorite basketball player.

Larry Bird

I have others I, of course, would love to have them be freaks, but I really want a colt...this colt to do it and do it big time...just like Larry Legend!

Stormy
Well, he's not a freak... but he is a Stakes Progressive...so I, at least, have hope he will jump to freak status in the future.
The bad vibe though.. Larry Bird wasn't exactly known for his jumping...lol
Stormy

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

Carole Hanson wrote: 1 year ago Eff it, I'll jinx myself:

63 Fiery Eyes-by Impacts
63 Nofunrabbitgothegun-by Impacts, A+ hypo
63 You're My Wish-by Dave Matthews Band

I'm predicting only one freak for this upcoming season since last season was so good to me, gotta have that balance (wouldn't shock me to get 0 freaks)
I really did jinx it:
Allowance Peak
Allowance Progressive
Stakes Progressive
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

Carole Hanson wrote: 1 year ago
Carole Hanson wrote: 1 year ago Eff it, I'll jinx myself:

63 Fiery Eyes-by Impacts

I'm predicting only one freak for this upcoming season since last season was so good to me, gotta have that balance (wouldn't shock me to get 0 freaks)
I really did jinx it:
Allowance Peak .........
OUCH... sorry to hear your Fiery Eyes colt galloped already Peaked. : (
With the yearling routers, I hate that more than seeing a different career late bloomer, as at least the latter gives one hope for improvement

But geesh, a yearling peak...the clock is ticking towards that time when the peak ends and the downward slide starts.
And for a peaked yearling, they sit there for a season not racing -- turn 2 years old and even then route don't start until week 10.
By the time they are 3 and can stretch out to 1/18 miles...they are usually (from my experience) already starting to slow up. Most of my yearling peaks barely do that well at the end of their 3 year old season. And at age 4, most are barely hanging in there.

I liked Fiery Eyes...and feel bad that such an exceptional mare got so unlucky as to get a foal that was a yearling Peak. Hopefully the colt will be able to win a stakes or two, even though he's an allowance type.

Stormy

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Kelly Haggerty
Eclipse Champion

Post by Kelly Haggerty »

Kelly Haggerty wrote: 1 year ago This one was an "A" hypo and is named for LA's beloved puma that we lost late in 2022

https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1670261
Not a freak but a stakes progressive, good enough.
Autumn Blackmill
Turf Router

Post by Autumn Blackmill »

Autumn Blackmill wrote: 1 year ago Fingers crosses on this boy, who is an A hypo:

https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1691522

But I'm also hoping this filly turns out nice as well, another A hypo:

https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1673709

The rest I will choose to be pleasantly surprised (or slightly disappointed) with come gallops.
The colt turned out Productive Progressive (ouch!)

Filly is Stakes Late Bloomer! Her dam is becoming one of my better AJ finds.
Solarpunk DS - $40,000, NY

"Who will now henceforth and always be known as Autumn Blackmail!" ~ The Steward
Nicole Marie
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Nicole Marie »

What is amusing to me is the ones I had high hopes for are productive, mostly, and then an unpredictable mare I mated to a B hypo gave me a stakes LB (turf miler FWIW)
Notacatbutalawyer 16: 8-3-1, earnings of $381,300 Founder Stakes, Flat Out Stakes, Lexington Race Course Stakes, Dade County Classic, Sunshine State Stakes, Distorted Reality Stakes, Midnight in the Sahara Stakes