Yipee, Breeding Is Done, Now the Wait Begins

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Tammy Fox
Eclipse Champion

Yipee, Breeding Is Done, Now the Wait Begins

Post by Tammy Fox »

I have ended up with 233 foals this year, with the majority being arabians. I cannot wait to gallop them so I can cull any solid or worse gallopers immediately.
However, I also am eager for the new sim year to come so I can go ahead and retire 20 plus 2yo fillies that galloped productive with the breeding shed comment. Its hard enough finding enough arabian maiden races as it is now, I do not even want to think about how much harder it is going to be if I don't cull some.
Curious how others cull the Productive - Late Bloomers, do you only keep the ones that have say the best work times or do you just cull them all and move on if you have allowance ones in your barn. I have an equal number of allowance and productive so it is making it easier for me to decide to let go of the productive gallopers instead of holding on to them although I am still having this nagging doubt as I have a couple of my productive gallopers who have works as good or better than my allowance gallopers. Most are late bloomers so maybe they are having workout times that are close to allowance because they are about to switch over to Allowance-Peak.
So any culling advice is welcome, since I am on the fence with some of my productives that seem to have as good or better than my allowance but at the same time in the back of my mind I am worried that these better workout times are because they just do better in morning workouts than they would on the track.
Anthony Zappulla
Hall of Fame

Re: Yipee, Breeding Is Done, Now the Wait Begins

Post by Anthony Zappulla »

I don't have as many foals but I basically race everything I have until they turn 4, then the cut begins, by 5 they go to AJ
Out of the Gate Early its Let's Go to the Mall and Do Some Shopping, followed by Baby Crying, then we have Are we there Yet!! :roll:
Gwayne's World
Eclipse Champion

Post by Gwayne's World »

The "wait" never ends.
Diane Townsend
Classic Contender

Post by Diane Townsend »

I race everything and then when I get overwhelmed or bored with my racing stable I throw my some of my uninspiring claimers, solids and Productive on the sales page for $10-$50 so they sell. My barn becomes more manageable and the buyer gets something they should be able to make a profit on.

But I also only have between 90-100 foals per year so don't need to cull
Nigerian Prince (TS)
Race With Lions (TM)
The Womble (TR)
Seismic (TR)
Legendary Dragonet (Chase)
Red Eyed Me (Appy Mid)
John Smith
Grade 3 Winner

Post by John Smith »

Just wanted to see if my "closing" may be working - Diane's post reminded me to get one!...
Show Good Times Farm
Quetzalcoatl (TM) 20k
Gord's Secret (TS) 42k
Five Star Hotel (TR) 20k
King of Fools (DS) 20k
Chato (DM) 15k
La Joya (TR) 10k
Dancinginmyshadow (TS) 5k
Kefren (TS) 5k
Arabian Comet (TS)
Endless River (TR)
Anthony Zappulla
Hall of Fame

21 foals for me
Out of the Gate Early its Let's Go to the Mall and Do Some Shopping, followed by Baby Crying, then we have Are we there Yet!! :roll:
John Smith
Grade 3 Winner

Post by John Smith »

Anthony Zappulla wrote: 1 year ago 21 foals for me
What discipline!

We will have none of that in our barn... +150 and counting! Never again, again - sure hope I can make it stick next season...maybe 75 or less
Show Good Times Farm
Quetzalcoatl (TM) 20k
Gord's Secret (TS) 42k
Five Star Hotel (TR) 20k
King of Fools (DS) 20k
Chato (DM) 15k
La Joya (TR) 10k
Dancinginmyshadow (TS) 5k
Kefren (TS) 5k
Arabian Comet (TS)
Endless River (TR)
Andrew Chillin
Hall of Fame

Post by Andrew Chillin »

John Smith wrote: 1 year ago
What discipline!

We will have none of that in our barn... +150 and counting! Never again, again - sure hope I can make it stick next season...maybe 75 or less
;p
Brian Leavitt
Eclipse Champion

Post by Brian Leavitt »

I have a stable full of cats
Anthony Zappulla
Hall of Fame

Mr. Lord Chillin wrote: 1 year ago
John Smith wrote: 1 year ago
What discipline!

I spent over a million, so average over 50k a horse, so 👅 and I'm being very stingy this year......
Art K Stables
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Art K Stables »

Remember last time the gallops didnt work at the right time because of some connection to the clock change , and here we are again , though moving forward but we will see
Nicole Marie
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Nicole Marie »

Art K Stables wrote: 1 year ago Remember last time the gallops didnt work at the right time because of some connection to the clock change , and here we are again , though moving forward but we will see
Maybe they'll be an hour early this time? :lol:
Notacatbutalawyer 16: 8-3-1, earnings of $381,300 Founder Stakes, Flat Out Stakes, Lexington Race Course Stakes, Dade County Classic, Sunshine State Stakes, Distorted Reality Stakes, Midnight in the Sahara Stakes