Good festivus?

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Kelly Haggerty
Eclipse Champion

Good festivus?

Post by Kelly Haggerty »

Things went well in my barn. A freak plus 10 stakes improver yearlings and I have 8 in transit to gallop tomorrow.
Lily Wilkins
Eclipse Champion

Re: Good festivus?

Post by Lily Wilkins »

49 TB Yearlings

1 Freak (Out of super mare Diabolical X)
15 Stakes (all progressive or bloomer, many out of exceptional mares)
15 Allowance
10 Productive
And 8 Unmentionables :lol:

Definitely one of my best crops yet. Blows my mind that I bred more Stakes and Productives.
𝐴𝑧𝑢𝑙 𝐸𝑞𝑢𝑖𝑛𝑒
Since Year 30
Proudly Standing

Equinox | TR/AWR | Leased Out Y66
Quinny | DR/DM | $20,000
✾ Visit our Nursery to view our floofy little future stars!
Nini Panini
Eclipse Champion

Post by Nini Panini »

No freaks, so automatically an awful year for me.

46% stakes though, so that's a mildly pleasing consolation prize.

Gotta have down years to appreciate the up years though!
"How do you describe perfection? Why try, let's just watch her run!"
Norman Architecture
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Norman Architecture »

72 Bred only 5 Stakes and no Freaks.

The sadness of Festivus knowing how far i have fallen.

Perhaps it's time to give it up!!.
Regal Farms

Home of Louisville Derby Winner BELIEVE THE HYPE , World Cup and LIC Winner WITH KIND REGARDS and SC Turf Sprint Winner SUNDAY SOUND.
Danny Derby
Hall of Fame

Post by Danny Derby »

7 freaks, 39 stakes and the rest. 205 total bred, all TB.
Kelly Haggerty
Eclipse Champion

Post by Kelly Haggerty »

Added another freak, so 2 freaks and 10 stakes improvers. I can live with that.
Gwen Morse
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Gwen Morse »

A *VERY* good festivus.

I bred my first freak. She's a twin and her sister is a LB allowance "breeding shed" filly so I think this pair will both be special.

198 yearlings
7 unknown because I stupidly shipped them earlier and they're still in transit.
1 progressive freak
3 LB stakes
31 allowance - only 1 peak
69 productive (NICE!) only 3 peak
33 solid - only 2 peak
53 claimer (UNGH!!!)
2 DC's (double UNGH)

Still so many claimers :(. But at least they'll help me see which mares to consider culling.
--
my swap mares: https://tinyurl.com/35jk5aah
Regina Moore's new player articles (not mine) https://www.simhorseracing.com/featurer ... pleID=5100
Anna Nowak
Sprinter

Post by Anna Nowak »

I suppose this is my best year so far, the highest gallop I got is stakes, which I got 4 of out of 30-something foals. I have only bred one stakes before , so I suppose that is good
Here are all my stakes, 3 progressive 1 peak:
https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1678705 progressive, this Ones full sibling is a freak I'm pretty sure, so that's why I chose VoF for sire. I bred two mares to VoF and both foals are stakes!
https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1677772 progressive, dam is a Stewardbred
https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1681982 progressive, this one was kinda unexpected, although I knew this cross produced good horses. I claimed his dam for 1k and he's her first foal!
https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1670781 peak, also VoF. This one's special to me because I once raced her dam and she was my first graded stakes winner.
Laurel Addams
Classic Contender

Post by Laurel Addams »

No freaks, so that's sad, but I got 8 stakes and 7 of those are late bloomers. Overall as a crop, I feel better about this year than last, even though I had a freak last year. My stakes were spread across four divisions, and I'm generally feeling like the overall quality of my barn is going up.

Stakes were by Bannerlord, Black Magic Hero, Mr. Wonderful, Country Bear, Poet's Corner, Napoleon, From Now On, and Wildness.
A couple of early favorites are Flutter, a stakes LB by my guy Bannerlord and out of a homebred, and Infinity Stones, a stakes LB out of my nice mare Power Stone.
Standing at stud
Bannerlord - DM/DR, 40k, A+ hypos
Funky Stank - TR, 20k, A+ hypos
Codebreaker - DR, 7.5k
Darcy McBride
Hall of Fame

Post by Darcy McBride »

1 DR Freak
24 Stakes
56 Allowance
And the others
DM: AMERICATION MISCHIEF & JAMBOREE
TM: NIGHTWATCH
DS: SINISTER MISTER/THE HELLHOUND/DARKANDSTORMYNIGHT
AWR: TUSCANY GOLD
QH DS: EL RAY SOL
QH DM: MARK ME CHROMED
Tan Gent
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Tan Gent »

Norman Architecture wrote: 1 year ago 72 Bred only 5 Stakes and no Freaks.

The sadness of Festivus knowing how far i have fallen.

Perhaps it's time to give it up!!.
Not bad at all %-wise. I have 2% of stakes and it's almost double of last season.
All surface route

Rich Strike (Steward approved x3)

DR

You Won Me Over (Steward approved)
Meghan Kingsley
Sprinter

Post by Meghan Kingsley »

Ugh. A few allowance, the rest productive and claimers. Really thinking this game is not for me. I just cannot put in the apparent time it takes to get decent racers.
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

Meghan Kingsley wrote: 1 year ago Ugh. A few allowance, the rest productive and claimers. Really thinking this game is not for me. I just cannot put in the apparent time it takes to get decent racers.
Hi Meghan, keep your head up. Yes putting in the extra time does help progress your barn, there is also A LOT of luck that comes in to play. There are sone magical things that happen with the slide of both foals and retired mares/studs. Don’t give up, you never know when you might hit that luck streak.
A CAVAL DONATO NON SI GUARDA IN BOCCA
Nicole Marie
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Nicole Marie »

Meghan Kingsley wrote: 1 year ago Ugh. A few allowance, the rest productive and claimers. Really thinking this game is not for me. I just cannot put in the apparent time it takes to get decent racers.
I have made top three in stakes with productives. That is not common, but they definitely are not useless.
Notacatbutalawyer 16: 8-3-1, earnings of $381,300 Founder Stakes, Flat Out Stakes, Lexington Race Course Stakes, Dade County Classic, Sunshine State Stakes, Distorted Reality Stakes, Midnight in the Sahara Stakes
Anthony Zappulla
Hall of Fame

Post by Anthony Zappulla »

Your stats are pretty good and your still an intermediate player, not sure your doing as bad as you think
Out of the Gate Early its Let's Go to the Mall and Do Some Shopping, followed by Baby Crying, then we have Are we there Yet!! :roll: