Good festivus?

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Gain T
Sprinter

Re: Good festivus?

Post by Gain T »

1 Freak Late Bloomer (2.38%)
https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1701322
1 Stakes Late Bloomer (2.38%)
https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1685279
2 Stakes Progressive (4.76%)
14 Allowance (33.33%) (1 was bought)
16 Productive (38.10%)
6 Solids (14.28%)
2 Claimer (4.76%) (1 was bought)

Out of 42 horses

I should probably lower my solid percentages and be a bit pickier with my broodmares. Half of my allowance and up horses were from leases. I should probably focus on leasing a bit more and be pickier with my own broodmares that I would be keeping for breeding. Overall as my first breeding season out of the trial park, I love the percentages and results!
Special Thanks to leases from Emily Mitchell (Freak) and Gaven Guile (Stakes Progressive)!
Special Thanks to Darcy, my brother, and Cleo's article for guiding me well in breeding!
Art K Stables
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Art K Stables »

observation: the early festivus makes the break seem twice as long.. and with the extra long break next season its going to be 74 times as long.. big waste of time.. why not just dock the 1000 points this extra time is meant to deduct and lets get on with it.
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

Art K Stables wrote: 1 year ago observation: the early festivus makes the break seem twice as long.. and with the extra long break next season its going to be 74 times as long.. big waste of time.. why not just dock the 1000 points this extra time is meant to deduct and lets get on with it.
??? The extra time is always so we can release/test new features that are bigger than usual (such as an equipment change).... what do you mean dock the extra 1000 points?

We used to have long break every 3 SIM seasons but there hasn't been a need because we haven't been giving you guys anything really spectacular (just for lack of time). It's time to get coding again!
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Sara Julin
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Sara Julin »

The Steward wrote: 1 year ago
Art K Stables wrote: 1 year ago observation: the early festivus makes the break seem twice as long.. and with the extra long break next season its going to be 74 times as long.. big waste of time.. why not just dock the 1000 points this extra time is meant to deduct and lets get on with it.
??? The extra time is always so we can release/test new features that are bigger than usual (such as an equipment change).... what do you mean dock the extra 1000 points?

We used to have long break every 3 SIM seasons but there hasn't been a need because we haven't been giving you guys anything really spectacular (just for lack of time). It's time to get coding again!
Yay for a big update! ^^D
Portrait Artist of the Sim~
Standing Stallions, Crayon, Illegalist
Stallions Soon To Come, n/a
A horse gallops with it's lungs, perseveres with it's heart and wins with it's character~
Andrew Chillin
Hall of Fame

Post by Andrew Chillin »

You’re actually going to test something when you release it this time?
;p
Art K Stables
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Art K Stables »

LOL the 1000 points is the "weekly" charge for simperior.. that is all I meant. So, races start tomorrow, anyone remember those? :) I didn't know features could not be worked on while the game was in operation, 90% of the time no racing is going on which seems like the most stressful part of the operations.. But what do I know.
Gwen Morse
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Gwen Morse »

I'm excited to see a big change :D.

A couple things that are meant very constructively while we're on break.

1) Training times don't seem to have enough variation to (semi) judge the relative quality of yearlings based on them. I thought we were still supposed to get this change even though gallop labels stayed? If we're meant to be able to (semi) judge the quality of racers based on training times it would be nice if they could be tweaked a bit.

2) I have been taking you at your word that the gallop comments about how a horse is worth insuring is a reflection of them either being extra-good at racing or breeding or more likely to jump in race quality in the future. Others insist this comment just shows up on any old allowance (or better) gallop. It would be nice if you could check this and either state that it *is* working as intended (meaning quite a lot of horses deserve this comment) or tweak it so it is working as intended.
--
my swap mares: https://tinyurl.com/35jk5aah
Regina Moore's new player articles (not mine) https://www.simhorseracing.com/featurer ... pleID=5100