BRAT results

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
J.P Dogood
Derby Contender

BRAT results

Post by J.P Dogood »

For those of you who used WC Lee’s BRAT calculator to influence breeding, are you willing to share some results?

I think it’s an awesome tool for the game and hoping to utilize it in the future.

For what it’s worth, my best mare Meru just gave me a claimer by Mr. Wonderful. It was heartbreaking and went back into the calculator to see where I should start looking this year. Her projected progeny BSF typically falls in the 91 and 92 range to top sires. Weirdly enough the BRAT predicts a 93.66 to Pittsburgh. Pittsburghs numbers don’t jump off the page at you in terms of progeny so I’d like some input on if you trust the tool or not. Thanks!
Wc Lee
Miler

Re: BRAT results

Post by Wc Lee »

I will be publishing my results once I have workout times. This is my breakout of gallops:

Stakes Late Bloomer 2 1.8%
Allowance Late Bloomer 18 15.9%
Allowance Progressive 11 9.7%
Allowance Peak 3 2.7%
Productive Late Bloomer 24 21.2%
Productive Progressive 17 15.0%
Productive Peak 4 3.5%
Solid Late Bloomer 6 5.3%
Solid Progressive 11 9.7%
Solid Peak 1 0.9%
Claimer Late Bloomer 9 8.0%
Claimer Progressive 6 5.3%
Claimer Peak 1 0.9%

What I found interesting is the affect of Hypos on the gallop results:

Hypo A or A-: 2 Stakes, 24 Allowance out of 65
Hypo B+ or no Hypo because Formidable (probable B+ or worse): 8 Allowance out of 48

40% of progeny that have an A or A- gallop were Allowance or Better
17% of progeny that have an B+ or not Hypo (but probable B+ or worse) were Allowance

8% of progeny that have an A or A- gallop were Claimer
23% of progeny that have an B+ or not Hypo (but probable B+ or worse) were Claimer

The random slide is very strong and Hypos seem to mitigate the affects of the slide to some extent (but not completely)

I would love to do a study of just Hypos to Gallops, but neither the Hypos nor Gallops are publicly available, so it is not possible to that analysis.
John Smith
Grade 3 Winner

Re: BRAT results

Post by John Smith »

Like Lee has stated - I think it is a good starting spot, but just a plethora of variables involved.
Show Good Times Farm
Quetzalcoatl (TM) 20k
Gord's Secret (TS) 42k
Five Star Hotel (TR) 20k
King of Fools (DS) 20k
Chato (DM) 15k
La Joya (TR) 10k
Dancinginmyshadow (TS) 5k
Kefren (TS) 5k
Arabian Comet (TS)
Endless River (TR)