Why I Finally Quit

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Nick Gilmore
Hall of Fame

Why I Finally Quit

Post by Nick Gilmore »

Two thumbs up on Glenn Escobar’s recent article. I couldn’t agree more!
Anthony Zappulla
Hall of Fame

Re: Why I Finally Quit

Post by Anthony Zappulla »

Nick Gilmore wrote: 1 year ago Two thumbs up on Glenn Escobar’s recent article. I couldn’t agree more!
Expert level player with a loaded trophy case. Yup I'm listening, nice job Glenn!!
Out of the Gate Early its Let's Go to the Mall and Do Some Shopping, followed by Baby Crying, then we have Are we there Yet!! :roll:
Kelly Haggerty
Eclipse Champion

Post by Kelly Haggerty »

Love his style. Tough competitor, classy dude.
Andrew Chillin
Hall of Fame

Post by Andrew Chillin »

I was disappointed
;p
Anthony Zappulla
Hall of Fame

Mr. Lord Chillin wrote: 1 year ago I was disappointed
Lol not the drama you was looking for!!
Out of the Gate Early its Let's Go to the Mall and Do Some Shopping, followed by Baby Crying, then we have Are we there Yet!! :roll:
Andrew Chillin
Hall of Fame

Post by Andrew Chillin »

Escobar was a solid source of drama in the past. Now he’s unreliable
;p
Anthony Zappulla
Hall of Fame

😆
Ma Springs
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Ma Springs »

I enjoyed reading that, thanks Glenn!
Nashville Stud
Elite Power | DS/DM/AWS/AWM/AWR | $40,000
Levels | TM | $12,000 with incentives
Kacchan | TM | $3,500
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

Good read, but wanted to clarify what I said and what I meant in that broadcast.

There are DEFINITELY good wombs at the TBS Sales, and I assume Escobar knows this and didn't mean a blanket "Don't buy Steward-bred fillies." I only keep a very, very small handful of my own fillies, between 0 and 2 every year. But what I said/meant was, If I'm leasing 25 mares from other players for year, and I have to keep my colts and fillies level 50/50 like the rest of you (which I work really hard on doing), then obviously I'm gunning to make the lease fillies (which are general kind of meh on the track) the best that I can, and then a larger amount of my horses I breed to SELL are colts. As such, it follows that the colts are a better bet, percentage wise, on what is really good, if that makes sense. It doesn't mean there aren't loads of freak fillies or pretty-uterus (lol) fillies, I just feel like the colts have a higher percentage because of those 25 leased fillies that are at the forefront of my mind.
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Durzo Blint
Turf Router

Post by Durzo Blint »

Looking at the Y63 yearling sales (GP auction, Select, TBS 1 and TBS 2) - there were 195 stewardbreds up for grabs.

Of those 195, 109 were colts and 86 were fillies.

I only have data for 106 of the colts since I missed two gallops and one just sold during this pre-season. Of the 106, 22 galloped freak (20.75%), 82 were stakes (77.36%), 1 allowance (0.94%), and 1 solid (0.94%).

Of the 86 fillies, 16 galloped freak (18.60%), 68 stakes (79.07%), and 1 allowance (0.94%), and 1 productive (0.94%).

So if we are strictly talking gallop comments, those are the facts.

My personal interpretation/opinion on them is, it's a very minor difference and given the fact that the fillies can sometimes (def not a guarantee) give nice future babies, I will still look for the best horse available, regardless of colt v. filly.
Anthony Zappulla
Hall of Fame

Durzo Blint wrote: 1 year ago Looking at the Y63 yearling sales (GP auction, Select, TBS 1 and TBS 2) - there were 195 stewardbreds up for grabs.

Of those 195, 109 were colts and 86 were fillies.

I only have data for 106 of the colts since I missed two gallops and one just sold during this pre-season. Of the 106, 22 galloped freak (20.75%), 82 were stakes (77.36%), 1 allowance (0.94%), and 1 solid (0.94%).

Of the 86 fillies, 16 galloped freak (18.60%), 68 stakes (79.07%), and 1 allowance (0.94%), and 1 productive (0.94%).

So if we are strictly talking gallop comments, those are the facts.

My personal interpretation/opinion on them is, it's a very minor difference and given the fact that the fillies can sometimes (def not a guarantee) give nice future babies, I will still look for the best horse available, regardless of colt v. filly.
Interesting stats Durzo!! Not sure how hard it is to find out but of those freaks what was the lowest bid?