Workout Times

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Durzo Blint
Turf Router

Workout Times

Post by Durzo Blint »

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong in my training, but this horse:

https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1709192 - freak/peak, fully fit, correct equipment - had a 5F workout of 57.71 (with verified equipment)

while this horse:

https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1661147& - stakes/progressive, fully fit, - had a 5F workout of 57.60 (with incorrect equipment - I paid for the second piece after).

Did I mess up getting them ready for timed workouts?
Sara Julin
Grade 1 Winner

Re: Workout Times

Post by Sara Julin »

I would say it is too early to judge them. They are still babies, and run slow the first time out (generally).
I myself see potential around week 9 and forward, when they have had a couple of workouts.
Portrait Artist of the Sim~
Standing Stallions, Crayon, Illegalist
Stallions Soon To Come, n/a
A horse gallops with it's lungs, perseveres with it's heart and wins with it's character~
Tim Matthews
Hall of Fame

Post by Tim Matthews »

Did you vet the freak before the workout? Might have been tired.
Got bombed, got frozen
Got finally off to finally dozin’
John Smith
Grade 3 Winner

Post by John Smith »

You know I dont know...BUT what if that game stallion threw you a miler? See the dam was a 1 1/8 a 1/16th horse... Of course is early, but that is what I wondered...maybe a 4f on the primtimer?
Show Good Times Farm
Quetzalcoatl (TM) 12.5k
Gord's Secret (TS) 48.5k*
Five Star Hotel (TR) 23.5k
King of Fools (DS) 12.5k
La Joya (TR) 10k
Dancinginmyshadow (TS) 5k
Kefren (TS) 5k
Arabian Comet (TS)
Endless River (TR)
* rebates available
Durzo Blint
Turf Router

Post by Durzo Blint »

Tim Matthews wrote: 11 months ago Did you vet the freak before the workout? Might have been tired.
Good point and question - I vetted one of my yearlings https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1707064 and he was “Y64-W4-D7 Vet: Unleashed doesn't have any leg problems currently. If you aren't planning on racing any time soon you might want to give this horse a little bit of exercise elsewhere.” so I thought I was good to go which is why I gave timed workouts to every single one of my yearlings - but perhaps she was tired.
John Smith wrote: 11 months ago You know I dont know...BUT what if that game stallion threw you a miler? See the dam was a 1 1/8 a 1/16th horse... Of course is early, but that is what I wondered...maybe a 4f on the primtimer?
She is not versatile
Durzo Blint
Turf Router

Post by Durzo Blint »

Sara Julin wrote: 11 months ago I would say it is too early to judge them. They are still babies, and run slow the first time out (generally).
I myself see potential around week 9 and forward, when they have had a couple of workouts.
Yeah, this would really mess up my equipment information since every yearling I don’t have perfect equipment for, which is 777 out of my 780, ran with blinkers, so hopefully it’s valid info otherwise I just wasted a week of training
Tim Matthews
Hall of Fame

Post by Tim Matthews »

Durzo Blint wrote: 11 months ago
Tim Matthews wrote: 11 months ago Did you vet the freak before the workout? Might have been tired.
Good point and question - I vetted one of my yearlings https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1707064 and he was “Y64-W4-D7 Vet: Unleashed doesn't have any leg problems currently. If you aren't planning on racing any time soon you might want to give this horse a little bit of exercise elsewhere.” so I thought I was good to go which is why I gave timed workouts to every single one of my yearlings - but perhaps she was tired.
Difference with the TBS yearling - lots of work on 2d5, and consistent work thereafter. Not sure though. Some freaks are just way slow :)
Got bombed, got frozen
Got finally off to finally dozin’
Gavin Guile
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Gavin Guile »

My guess is tired, most horses from the auction aren’t ready (fully fit) by this time and if she was, I bet she was tired…my colt from the same sale jogged less than fully fit as of yesterday…
SHOOTING STAR STABLES

Stallions
Bonecrusher (DS)
Connor (DR)
Master of Deception (DR)
Andrew James
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Andrew James »

Durzo Blint wrote: 11 months ago I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong in my training, but this horse:

https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1709192 - freak/peak, fully fit, correct equipment - had a 5F workout of 57.71 (with verified equipment)

while this horse:

https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1661147& - stakes/progressive, fully fit, - had a 5F workout of 57.60 (with incorrect equipment - I paid for the second piece after).

Did I mess up getting them ready for timed workouts?
Hey Durzo,

I typically see a pretty good jump in workout times around workout 2 or 3 after their "experience" improves. Can kinda fast track this by doing the track with a pony, swim, longe, gate/paddock etc...
AJR SC Winners: Karsa, Can't Reconcile, The Reckoners, Amsterdam, Forge of Darkness, Nightchill, The Wheel of Time
Madelene Gilbert
Hall of Fame

Post by Madelene Gilbert »

To reiterate what some people have said previously: long long ago I recall the Steward saying that the second of two early works (W6 vs. W5) was the better indication of a horse's talent. Not sure if that's still true, but I wouldn't be too worried about it. Your horse just might not be a morning pony!
Durzo Blint
Turf Router

Post by Durzo Blint »

Thank you all for alleviating my fears!!