Late Bloomer ?

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Maisy Moo Stable
Sprinter

Late Bloomer ?

Post by Maisy Moo Stable »

Has a late bloomer claimer, ever reached allowance or more ?
J.P Dogood
Derby Contender

Re: Late Bloomer ?

Post by J.P Dogood »

It’s never happened to me but I believe people have had claimer become freaks. Anything is possible even peaks can bloom it’s just rare. I think the best claimer LB I ever had went to productive(?) typically they stay claimer or go to solid at least in my experience
Nicole Marie
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Nicole Marie »

I think that Stormy had a claimer or solid jump to freak at some point.
Notacatbutalawyer 16: 8-3-1, earnings of $381,300 Founder Stakes, Flat Out Stakes, Lexington Race Course Stakes, Dade County Classic, Sunshine State Stakes, Distorted Reality Stakes, Midnight in the Sahara Stakes
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

The better the pedigree the horse has, the more likely it is to jump up several levels when improving. But even then that’s not always the case.
Eric Gray
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Eric Gray »

https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1434788 went from claimer lb to Stakes lb after her first race. Then went to freak peak soon after on a regallop
Nick Gilmore
Hall of Fame

Post by Nick Gilmore »

Hauntingly proves, to me, that anything can happen. I love this filly…here’s a sampling of her gallop remarks…

Y61-Preseason Trainer: Great mover! 'Hauntingly' should have a productive career. This horse looks to be a late bloomer. You should bring her along carefully.
Y62-W12-D6 Trainer: 'Hauntingly' is a very special animal. This horse looks to be about at their peak, but even I can’t always predict the future!
Y64-W3-D6 Trainer: 'Hauntingly': Freaky! This horse looks to be about at their peak, but even I can’t always predict the future!

While not a claimer, she continued to improve while peak. She’s now a stake winner and she makes me smile!
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

Nicole Marie wrote: 11 months ago I think that Stormy had a claimer or solid jump to freak at some point.
Yes I did.

My mare, Foretold 8-)
~Y52-Preseason Trainer: Right now, 'Horse 1546883925' looks like a claimer,
~Y53-Preseason Trainer: 'Horse 1546883925' is a very special animal.
~Y53-W10-D1 Trainer: 'Foretold' is a very special animal.
~Y55-W10-D1 Trainer: Oh, my! 'Foretold' is a freak! This horse looks to be about at their peak, but even I can’t always predict the future!

And as you can see she earned over a million on the track and she has foaled a couple of freaks so far, and she has a few younger foals that I hope will upgrade from allowance and claimer status.

Edit to add... after I got her headshot, I nicknamed her 'chunky monkey' lol
Stormy
SIRES: Turf Routers - Each multiple G1 winners

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Andrew Chillin
Hall of Fame

Post by Andrew Chillin »

Y56-W12-D6 Trainer: Oh, my! 'Men Stroll Rage' is a freak! This horse looks to be about at their peak, but even I can’t always predict the future!
Y54-W1-D3 Trainer: 'Men Stroll Rage' is a very special animal. This horse looks to be a late bloomer. You should bring him along carefully.
Y53-W8-D7 Trainer: Right now, 'Horse 1546670058' looks like a claimer, but don't despair because they are a solid source of income, and can always improve with racing experience!

Men Stroll Rage did the claimer to stakes to freak jump. Special pedigrees seem to be a common factor in these cases.
;p
Maisy Moo Stable
Sprinter

Post by Maisy Moo Stable »

Thank you for your very interesting replys.
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

I should add that with Foretold, the reason you don't see if she was a progressive or late bloomer, was because back when she galloped, we didn't get that information. We were just told what quality they were as far as different career, claimer, solid...etc...

Stormy
SIRES: Turf Routers - Each multiple G1 winners

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Laura Smith
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Smith »

LONG OVERDUE FARM: Keepin' it Canada since Year 16.
Stallions to meet your every need. As long as you need a turf sprinter.
John Smith
Grade 3 Winner

Post by John Smith »

I dont know what this one was, but one would assume low - tossed into AJs Barn...look at him now!

https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1550288

beat my mediocre ruling class two back ...also seems to agree with comment about breeding maybe increasing chances... also maybe why she's the GOAT
Show Good Times Farm
Quetzalcoatl (TM) 12.5k
Gord's Secret (TS) 48.5k*
Five Star Hotel (TR) 23.5k
King of Fools (DS) 12.5k
La Joya (TR) 10k
Dancinginmyshadow (TS) 5k
Kefren (TS) 5k
Arabian Comet (TS)
Endless River (TR)
* rebates available
Laura Ferguson
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Ferguson »

John Smith wrote: 11 months ago I dont know what this one was, but one would assume low - tossed into AJs Barn...look at him now!

beat my mediocre ruling class two back ...also seems to agree with comment about breeding maybe increasing chances... also maybe why she's the GOAT
He was claimer peak, then jumped to freak peak. Not sure whether breeding increases chances, or if more people take chances with well-bred horses, making it a self-fulfilling prophecy. I know I've had enough well-bred yearlings with disappointing gallops improve that I tend to hang on to them until they've at least had a start or two.
Anthony Zappulla
Hall of Fame

Post by Anthony Zappulla »

Laura Ferguson wrote: 11 months ago
John Smith wrote: 11 months ago I dont know what this one was, but one would assume low - tossed into AJs Barn...look at him now!

He was claimer peak, then jumped to freak peak. Not sure whether breeding increases chances, or if more people take chances with well-bred horses, making it a self-fulfilling prophecy. I know I've had enough well-bred yearlings with disappointing gallops improve that I tend to hang on to them until they've at least had a start or two.
Good advice!!
Out of the Gate Early its Let's Go to the Mall and Do Some Shopping, followed by Baby Crying, then we have Are we there Yet!! :roll: