Before and after pics

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Ma Springs
Grade 1 Winner

Before and after pics

Post by Ma Springs »

Everytime I in the News feed see the "New silks for..." and then a familiar name I have to look! And I can never remember how they used to look before the "upgrade", if this is just a small improvement or completely different. Has happened a couple of times lately, right?

Please give us the before and after pics thread! 🙂
Nashville Stud
Elite Power | DS/DM/AWS/AWM/AWR | $40,000
Levels | TM | $12,000 with incentives
Kacchan | TM | $3,500
Autumn Blackmill
Turf Router

Re: Before and after pics

Post by Autumn Blackmill »

I think this would be really fun to see, but not sure how it would be implemented. I also like seeing the new silks and such, but can hardly remember what the previous set looked like.
Solarpunk DS - $40,000, NY

"Who will now henceforth and always be known as Autumn Blackmail!" ~ The Steward
Gwen Morse
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Gwen Morse »

Ma,

While we're on a thread about silks, what are the individual pieces of your silks and what do they represent?
--
my swap mares: https://tinyurl.com/35jk5aah
Regina Moore's new player articles (not mine) https://www.simhorseracing.com/featurer ... pleID=5100
Kelly Haggerty
Eclipse Champion

Post by Kelly Haggerty »

Gwen Morse wrote: 10 months ago Ma,

While we're on a thread about silks, what are the individual pieces of your silks and what do they represent?
Mine are modeled off my RL silks, except the artist made a small mistake and reversed the colors on the emblem, but I didn't mind and just went with it.

I designed the silks to sort of poke fun at some of the Jockey Club's rules. I picked navy for the background, because that color is not allowed. I used 3 different accepted symbols, but mashed two of them (circle and ball) on the body and made the dots on the sleeves slightly larger than regulation allows. Mostly I guess I just find the rules a bit stuffy and decided to thumb my nose just a bit.
Gavin Guile
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Gavin Guile »

Mine I wanted a prism cause my name here is after a fantasy novel involving colors and the title of Gavin guile’s character is lord prism…and the stars cause I like space…most people think it’s cause of Pink Floyd and I just say “awesome, me too” when people message me saying they like that album or band when I actually don’t know the band or album at all.
SHOOTING STAR STABLES

Stallions
Bonecrusher (DS)
Connor (DR)
Master of Deception (DR)
Jo Ferris
Hall of Fame

Post by Jo Ferris »

Mine's pretty simple, my horse's name is Patriot, he's a pinto and I'm big into Paints in the game so win-win with the pinto horse on the silks
Arabian:
Money Run Low - 7.5k
Cass Ole - 5k
Mugello - 5k
All I'll Praise - 5k
Zandvoort - 10k

Paint:
Toby Flenderson - 15k
One In The Woods - 5k
We Can Be Heros - 5k
FLD Eclipse - 3.5k
Scooter - 3.5k
Ma Springs
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Ma Springs »

And mine follow no RL rules. 😅

I very much like the old style of (my Swedish) regional kurbits painting and Dalecarlian horses.

Classic style:

Old style:

Street style 😄:

My silks are supposed to be a loosely based modern take on that pattern, half modified, half stolen.
Nashville Stud
Elite Power | DS/DM/AWS/AWM/AWR | $40,000
Levels | TM | $12,000 with incentives
Kacchan | TM | $3,500
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

I've always thought tigers were beautiful, and when I joined and finally got silks a few years later, I decided I didn't want to go with the traditional lines, chevrons, checks, circles...etc....which were mostly what the game had back then.

So I requested a tiger strip design : )

I did a custom cross-stitch tiger not too long after I got my silks and I think the silks and cross-stitch matched up pretty nice.
I had to figure out all the colors, and print the photo into a special cross-stitch program to get the grid and the colors codes done correctly. It took me about 6 months to finish it. I gifted it to a friend who also liked tigers.

The photo I worked off of...both are sitting on my sofa cushion:

The frame I chose for the piece...laying on my kitchen table:

------
Stormy
SIRES: Turf Routers - Each multiple G1 winners

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000