Farms

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Re: Farms

Post by Stormy Peak »

What is wrong with arbitrary?

It's been in the game forever. We use to have $5 farms....and $200 farms.
The limit, as far as I can remember has always been $200.

The Steward, started out with a $200 fee on her farm, so as not to compete with the $5 dollar stables. You will have to ask her why she came up with that amount. Mostly, though, I suspect it was just a high enough fee at the time to dissuade folks from using her farm. There doesn't need to be some locked down fully explained logic to it. So, perhaps that is the 'logic' behind the pricing and it's not as arbitrary as you think, it's based up on a slight tradition of $200 being a 'high' end for a farm fee.

Again... just pick a stable with a lower price....and why worry about what the upper limit is...and trying to make all the barn prices the same or 'fair' or in my opinion... micro managed.

Stormy
SIRES: Turf Routers - Each multiple G1 winners

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Anthony Zappulla
Hall of Fame

Post by Anthony Zappulla »

Many race many horses and the auto ship is convenient, seems ATM if u don't want to pay then don't auto ship.

This was brought up once auto ship was introduced and no one said anything
Out of the Gate Early its Let's Go to the Mall and Do Some Shopping, followed by Baby Crying, then we have Are we there Yet!! :roll:
Durzo Blint
Turf Router

Post by Durzo Blint »

Anthony Zappulla wrote: 10 months ago Many race many horses and the auto ship is convenient, seems ATM if u don't want to pay then don't auto ship.

This was brought up once auto ship was introduced and no one said anything
This is simply not true, people have been asking for the nearest barn to show the nearest $20 barn. In fact, there was a recent suggestion/request in the Two Small Things Thread:
Anthony Zappulla wrote: 10 months ago
Ma Springs wrote: 10 months ago
Danny Derby wrote: 10 months ago A feature to set a maximum board amount limit we are willing to pay for “ship to nearest farm”. If the nearest farm surpasses this limit, then horse would ship to the next-nearest farm.
Agree so much, this -> goodwill * 10,000
Agreed
Looks like you agree?
Anthony Zappulla
Hall of Fame

I agree manly cause it's for those who have alot of horses (not me) and I can see how auto ship could cut the clicking down. Which is a good thing. But if nothing is done about it then it will cost to not click
Out of the Gate Early its Let's Go to the Mall and Do Some Shopping, followed by Baby Crying, then we have Are we there Yet!! :roll:
Anthony Zappulla
Hall of Fame

I think the option to auto send was brought up before it was released and this is when I asked the question and some even said who cares just stop the clicking
Anthony Zappulla
Hall of Fame

And with no debate it was released
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

The additional $180 a horse cost that the farm owner charges is not worth the negative attitude players will have towards you and your farm.

Just make all farms $20 across the board.
A CAVAL DONATO NON SI GUARDA IN BOCCA
Anthony Zappulla
Hall of Fame

Mr. Lord Rich wrote: 10 months ago The additional $180 a horse cost that the farm owner charges is not worth the negative attitude players will have towards you and your farm.

Just make all farms $20 across the board.
That wouldnt be good for the 3 farms I just opened

Lol
LA Pepper
Grade 1 Winner

Post by LA Pepper »

much ado about nothing
Andrew Chillin
Hall of Fame

Post by Andrew Chillin »

Yes
;p
Tan Gent
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Tan Gent »

I don't like the idea of charging $200 among a bunch of $20. But everyone can have its own preference, why not letting the market decide?
All surface route

Rich Strike (Steward approved x3)

DR

You Won Me Over (Steward approved)
Nicole Marie
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Nicole Marie »

Honestly I'm confused as to why this heads up is bothering people. She said that $200 farms are still allowed, she's just letting people who use auto-ship know that people have started strategizing in a way that people might be taken by surprise how much their board starts costing. Many people (like me) will just continue to use auto-ship, because I don't have enough horses racing that that will break my bank, but for people who might frequently get their horses auto-shipped to a $200 farm when they've been coming to expect a $20 farm, it's just a heads up to keep an eye on where their horses are going.
Notacatbutalawyer 16: 8-3-1, earnings of $381,300 Founder Stakes, Flat Out Stakes, Lexington Race Course Stakes, Dade County Classic, Sunshine State Stakes, Distorted Reality Stakes, Midnight in the Sahara Stakes
Gavin Guile
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Gavin Guile »

Nicole Marie wrote: 10 months ago Honestly I'm confused as to why this heads up is bothering people. She said that $200 farms are still allowed, she's just letting people who use auto-ship know that people have started strategizing in a way that people might be taken by surprise how much their board starts costing. Many people (like me) will just continue to use auto-ship, because I don't have enough horses racing that that will break my bank, but for people who might frequently get their horses auto-shipped to a $200 farm when they've been coming to expect a $20 farm, it's just a heads up to keep an eye on where their horses are going.
How is that fun for anyone? This is a game that provides entertainment…auto ship was made part of the game for convenience that many people seemed to have enjoyed…now players are taking advantage of people that don’t want to spend the time to do the tedious task of shipping every horse/checking by creating farms closer to the track and charging more per the original post…explain how that is fun for the other players? Or how it increases the value of the gameplay? It doesn’t, just costs them more of their hard earned money cause some people think they can exploit others via the auto ship function as it is currently designed
SHOOTING STAR STABLES

Stallions
Bonecrusher (DS)
Connor (DR)
Master of Deception (DR)
Andrew James
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Andrew James »

Durzo Blint wrote: 10 months ago What's the point/purpose of having different boarding fee options? Seems like having a floor of $20 and a ceiling of $200 is fairly arbitrary?

Why not just change it so every farm can only charge a $20 board fee? A $20 standard boarding fee seems to be a logical and simple solution here? I'm not sure if people bought or built farms with the intent to charge $200, or inflated boarding fees, but it appears most, if not all, people actively avoid those farms anyway. Probably a more strategic option would be to just charge $20 and let people auto-ship their horses to your farm than try to catch the unsuspected players, but I am no economist.

Sounds like just putting a standard $20 fee on it would solve all these unintended and unnecessary issues/problems.
Plus 1 vote from me

Best solution though is just to include a ship to nearest farm with board of less than x dollars.
AJR SC Winners: Karsa, Can't Reconcile, The Reckoners, Amsterdam, Forge of Darkness, Nightchill, The Wheel of Time
Nicole Marie
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Nicole Marie »

Gavin Guile wrote: 10 months ago This is a game that provides entertainment…auto ship was made part of the game for convenience that many people seemed to have enjoyed…now players are taking advantage of people that don’t want to spend the time to do the tedious task of shipping every horse/checking by creating farms closer to the track and charging more per the original post…explain how that is fun for the other players? Or how it increases the value of the gameplay? It doesn’t, just costs them more of their hard earned money cause some people think they can exploit others via the auto ship function as it is currently designed
Well that's what I'm saying, or trying to anyway. Several comments seem to be taking some sort of offense to the heads up that people are wanting to take advantage of the auto-ship feature, and the sentiment seems to be "we're allowed to have $200 farms", which is confusing me because no one is taking away $200 farms, we just have gotten a heads up about new $200 farms close to tracks.
Notacatbutalawyer 16: 8-3-1, earnings of $381,300 Founder Stakes, Flat Out Stakes, Lexington Race Course Stakes, Dade County Classic, Sunshine State Stakes, Distorted Reality Stakes, Midnight in the Sahara Stakes