Week 9 mini-festivus

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Ma Springs
Grade 1 Winner

Re: Week 9 mini-festivus

Post by Ma Springs »

Two new freaks by Tithanos: Fran Bow and Mr Midnight

Happy with the timing of this couple. 😊

+ five of the ones I galloped jumped to stakes
Nashville Stud
Elite Power | DS/DM/AWS/AWM/AWR | $40,000
Levels | TM | $12,000 with incentives
Kacchan | TM | $3,500
Erin Sanderson
Hall of Fame

Post by Erin Sanderson »

Not too bad. Freedom Fighter is a surprise freak (matured from allowance) and Janie Blu is Fade to Blue's first freak. Already love her. Selling Sorrows and my pacer colt Martin also finally decided to mature to freak.
First Faith Thoroughbreds

Home of stallions War Like Me, Can't Take the Sky, Browncoat, Forte, Prodigal Son, and more!
Shannon Hunt
Eclipse Champion

Post by Shannon Hunt »

Productive bloomer went allowance peak when she turned 3, now at 3.5 years she's downgraded to productive peak. "Longer career" in case people want more data on what that means.

My TBs are mostly snoozing (a couple new router stakes, considering the 0 money in 5 starts as an allowance I'm a bit cynical about whether that'll be anything spectacular as a stakes) but a fresh trotter freak is nice, and my Emotonian guy peaked so I'm excited to see what he does with that.
DENSE FOG - AWS multiple freak producer
YOU WILL BE FOUND - DR millionaire producer
Also standing arabian sprinter ISKANDAR ELAKBAR, all weather router SUNRISE INTHE DAWN, and chasers RACING PIRATE and SURVIVOR SE LEVE
Michael Looker
Classic Contender

Post by Michael Looker »

These 2yo numbers are approximate, the older horses are correct.

Galloped 129 2yos. 35 either I hadn’t noted previous 2yo gallops for them or they were already at peak. Of the other 94...

12/54 from Late to Peak. 4/12 improved one level, 1/12 improved two levels (a new freak for my trotting stallion State of Euphoria).
9/40 from Close to Peak. 3/9 improved one level.

-----------

Also galloped 87 3yos, 32 already at peak. Of the other 55...

21/36 from Late to Peak. 11/21 improved one level.
14/19 from Close to Peak. None improved enough to go up a gallop level.

One who had previously improved and was at peak had a one-level downgrade of its gallop (same story as Shannon’s above; improved at 3, regressed at 3.5).

------------

Also galloped 55 4yos, all already at peak. One improved one gallop level, one dropped one level.
Nicole Marie
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Nicole Marie »

I haven't had any changes - a few LB to peak at the same level though - but my biggest surprise is that this guy is still stakes peak. He's been peak since his first ever gallop as a yearling (was freak, gallop adjustment middle of his yearling year moved him to stakes) and I was expecting him to drop a level mid last year or beginning of this year, but he's now been at the same peak level all his yearling year, all his two year old year, all his three year old year, and apparently all his four year old year too.

I am unlearning a lot of misinformation I got when I was new - someone told me that once horses peak, they are always going to drop a level 1.5 years from the time they peaked, and I don't even remember who told me that, but it still sticks in my head as disappointing when a yearling gallops peak despite this guy really coming through otherwise.

FWIW he is longer career, but I think that breeding shed/longer career is strictly about how breeding number compares to racing number, so while it doesn't surprise me that he's longer career I also don't think that's why he's held his peak for so long.
Notacatbutalawyer 16: 8-3-1, earnings of $381,300 Founder Stakes, Flat Out Stakes, Lexington Race Course Stakes, Dade County Classic, Sunshine State Stakes, Distorted Reality Stakes, Midnight in the Sahara Stakes
Kelly Haggerty
Eclipse Champion

Post by Kelly Haggerty »

Several new stakes horses from allowance improvers. I had a pair of 2yo TR jump to stakes, which I wasn't really expecting. Also, even though I have only had a couple layaway horses rejected, one of those rejects is now a stakes 2yo that I bred on a 40k fee, so she cost me 80k.

PS- one of my 2yo stakes is by this guy, whose stats are starting to look pretty amazing for a young sire
https://www.simhorseracing.com/studbook ... ID=1354551
Andrew Chillin
Hall of Fame

Post by Andrew Chillin »

I had a solid LB jump to stakes LB. So that was cool
;p
Ash Tarasin
Eclipse Champion

Post by Ash Tarasin »

Cautiously optimistic with my new freaks. Fingers crossed they want to run.

Consequence is the first foal out of a nice mare Cleo kindly let me have on race and first-foal lease. I like the 3x3 to Heart of the Storm and the maternal line going back to Wonder. (Sired by War Like Me)

Hints is a daughter of a mare from one of the first crosses I did with both my favourite mare lines (Sing Back Louder/Sleep to Dream/Wonder to Million Reasons/Just One Kiss/Maryland Million) (Sired by Poet's Corner)

Mein Herz Brennt is out of previously mentioned Million Reasons (3x3 Maryland Million)(sired by Unmerciful)

Niyyah is out of Teine, and a full sister to Ryhka (sired by War Like Me)

Zash also turned freak, but I don't know if I'll ever found out what she wants. She's from the same maternal line as Niyyah (same maternal grandmother) (Sired by The People's Horse).
Last edited by Ash Tarasin 10 months ago, edited 1 time in total.
Karazhan, Deshaan
Storm Drawing Near (sire of Steward's Cup winner)
Durzo Blint
Turf Router

Post by Durzo Blint »

Stormfront - DR filly by Walt Disney, jumped from Stakes/LB to Freak/Peak - Walt Disney's first freak, love him as a sire
Rainstorm - DR colt by Valley of Fire, jumped from Stakes/LB to Freak/Peak - got the breeding shed comment when he was Stakes/LB, but obviously only galloped the one time as a freak and did not receive a LC/BS comment on it
Tammy Stawicki
Hall of Fame

Post by Tammy Stawicki »

Prepare to be jealous...I had a solid late bloomer become a productive peak!

But in all seriousness I don't test most of my horses just those in my "old bums" barn which are nonpeak horses I don't want to lose in claimers but aren't competitive in anything else, so I park them to see if they improve once peak. Of those 6, 4 are now peak, but the 1 mentioned above is the only one that actually changed gallop comment.
Turf Miler studs
Hempstead
Nonego
Omnsicience

Paint Sprinter studs
Jersey
Lecythus*

Paint Mid studs
Corona Wagon Train*
Jacinth
Komati*
Livewires Turnpike*

Discounts for stakes winners/producers
* = multidistance potential
J.P Dogood
Derby Contender

Post by J.P Dogood »

Can’t remember why I bid on her in the dispersal but got her for $5001 I was thrilled when she turned out to be an allowance late bloomer and just jumped to stakes peak so we’ll worth the money

https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1643905
Tan Gent
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Tan Gent »

2 one level improved freaks including a first homebred freak as well as a mixer freak. So a good day for me.
All surface route

Rich Strike (Steward approved x3)

DR

You Won Me Over (Steward approved)
Lily Wilkins
Eclipse Champion

Post by Lily Wilkins »

I had a Solid Late Bloomer half brother to Under Stars go Productive Peak :lol:
and I had a Stakes Late Bloomer two year old go to *drumroll* Stakes Peak!

Big things happening in my barn lol
𝐴𝑧𝑢𝑙 𝐸𝑞𝑢𝑖𝑛𝑒
Since Year 30
Proudly Standing

Equinox | TR/AWR | Leased Out Y66
Quinny | DR/DM | $20,000
✾ Visit our Nursery to view our floofy little future stars!
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

I had the rare yearling improve https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1664004 -Allowance Peak to Stakes Peak, his dam also made a yearling jump from Stakes Progressive to Freak Progressive so I guess it runs in the family.

On a side note, Fiery Eyes is now the dam of 4 freaks and 1 stakes from 6 foals! :)

Also had 3 2yos jump up to Stakes and some freaks improve their peaks