W16 coming at ya hot

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
The Steward
Hall of Fame

W16 coming at ya hot

Post by The Steward »

I'm on the plane headed back from my vacation this year and I am all refreshed and happy and such. Week 16 is coming and then long break!

I just put "Finish breeding your mares" on my To Do list; Week 1 me was so ambitious.... and then stopped breeding. Whoops.

I'm looking forward to the Midsummer calls on Friday night, the Belmont Stakes in real life, the Arc (have you guys seen Nalbone's 3yo filly? Is this Year 9 or what?), the SC, etc etc!
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Gwen Morse
Grade 3 Winner

Re: W16 coming at ya hot

Post by Gwen Morse »

The Steward wrote: 9 months ago I'm on the plane headed back from my vacation this year and I am all refreshed and happy and such. Week 16 is coming and then long break!
Does "long break" mean "big improvements to the sim"? :D

Edit: Also glad to hear you're refreshed.
--
my swap mares: https://tinyurl.com/35jk5aah
Regina Moore's new player articles (not mine) https://www.simhorseracing.com/featurer ... pleID=5100
Diane Townsend
Classic Contender

Post by Diane Townsend »

The Steward wrote: 9 months ago I just put "Finish breeding your mares" on my To Do list; Week 1 me was so ambitious.... and then stopped breeding. Whoops.
YAY a happy refreshed Steward!
A goal of a dozen or more a week would result in 60+ mares bred by the end of the season. I'm much further behind than usual and need to do the same!
Race With Lions (TM)
Seismic (TR)
Legendary Dragonet (Chase)
Red Eyed Me (Appy Mid) - leased out this year

NEW in Y66:
Nigerian Prince
(TS)
The Womble (TR)
Anthony Zappulla
Hall of Fame

Post by Anthony Zappulla »

8 for 8 is nice
Out of the Gate Early its Let's Go to the Mall and Do Some Shopping, followed by Baby Crying, then we have Are we there Yet!! :roll:
Ciano Colly
Sprinter

Post by Ciano Colly »

sorry to hi-jack this tread but I need advise on how to salvage "spectacular smooch " she was just caught on the line by the aforementioned signaling in last years sc and I had forgotten to turn 1st class shipping back on so I think she is on a par with her
This year I totally screwed her up ,I raced her against the older horses not once but TWICE and now her confidence is probably shot
should I run her in a barrier trial or a listed stakes or what
I feel like I'm playing with house money as she was a spectacular underbid but I feel she should be competing for champion 3 yr/old not looking at the breeding shed yet
thanks in advance for any advice and again apologies for jumping on this tread
Bradley Davis
Eclipse Champion

Post by Bradley Davis »

Ciano Colly wrote: 9 months ago sorry to hi-jack this tread but I need advise on how to salvage "spectacular smooch " she was just caught on the line by the aforementioned signaling in last years sc and I had forgotten to turn 1st class shipping back on so I think she is on a par with her
This year I totally screwed her up ,I raced her against the older horses not once but TWICE and now her confidence is probably shot
should I run her in a barrier trial or a listed stakes or what
I feel like I'm playing with house money as she was a spectacular underbid but I feel she should be competing for champion 3 yr/old not looking at the breeding shed yet
thanks in advance for any advice and again apologies for jumping on this tread
Give her a race against easier company, preferably against 3 year old fillies. My own rule of thumb is to avoid racing sophomores against older horses until Week 14 or so, if possible. There are two or three nice stakes for 3yo fillies W14 Friday, if she were mine I'd send her in one of those. She's good enough that she should be able to bounce back quickly against a slightly softer field, and in my opinion a graded race like the Miami Oaks or Queen Mother would be a fine spot for her.