Your Plans For Sim Year 17

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Brianna McKenzie
Eclipse Champion

Post by Brianna McKenzie »

Ali.. I love how honest you are. *lol* That's awesome.

My plans for the year, in case anyone actually cares, are to take things one week at a time, like I have always done. Will ship a couple/few to South Am, because I love that circuit.

And that folks is the extent of my planning. :)
Matt Woolfolk
Classic Contender

Post by Matt Woolfolk »

My plans are to continue to build the quality and quantity of my stable. I will stay in America, mainly on the East coast. I have 7 new two year olds I'm looking forward to racing, to go with my older horses (8 I think).

Regardless of my results, it will be a fun year.
Award winning journalist and record-setting trainer
Laura Smith
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Smith »

I only have a couple of stakes horses worth mentioning. Paris Pike might go to South Africa, I'll look for an allowance week 2 to prep for the Cape Fillies Guineas week five. Let There Be Light might try a minor stakes in the US week 2 or 3, but even if he does really well he's going to be nowhere near the Derby trail. Chances are he'll end up on the SoAm dirt circuit.

Can't WAIT for Year 17! :D
LONG OVERDUE FARM: Keepin' it Canada since Year 16.
Stallions to meet your every need. As long as you need a turf sprinter.
Martin Pennington
Hall of Fame

Post by Martin Pennington »

OOOOOOOOOOOOO, i totally loved Paris Pike when he was racing - glad to see he has a simquivalent - i'll be so cheering for your horse Laura :D
Daryl Dennis

Post by Daryl Dennis »

I have a few plans for this upcoming year:

1) THREE YEAR OLDS: My three year olds look rather nice. Fumetsu, Coup D'etat, Monaachi, Fleet, Stage, Whatheyneverforgot, and Pelagic all won over 100k, but there are several others that I love (New Circle, Risk It, Golden Hearts, Worth My Time, and Jefferson). This should be my strength next year and I will spread these horses out to take full advantage of the new circuit layout.

2) JUVENILES: I have a massive juvy crop, so I have already begun to plan out their circuits. The sprinters will start running fairly early, with the weaker prospects running Week One. I will save the better sprint prospects for Week Three or Four. Routers will wait until the races stretch to a mile.

3) OLDER HORSES: I have a thin crop of older horses (Waverider, Wined and Dined, El Escena Rival, Mine, and Jersey Slew are the current stakes contenders of that flight), so they should be easy to manage.

4) STALLIONS: I won't have any new stallions on the horizon (no top 4 yr olds in my stable), but I do have a few plans anyways. As player budgets increase, I will price my stallions this season at whatever the market will bear. I won't now (or ever will) restrict a book for any reason. Some of my stallions may creep above 50k, but as several players can attest, I am very willing to make deals, and my terms are never punitive.

5) YEARLINGS: The boon (and bane) of my SIM existence. I don't plan on breeding much during the first half of the season. I have tons of juvies to follow (including my auctioned horses) to see what crosses "worked," and some select stallions of 3 yr olds that might bear watching. That said, I may have enough reason to breed a few sprinters early.

6) NEW PLAYER FOLLOW-UP: I just got back from Vegas and realized I never did the drawing for the sweepstakes prizes in my auction. It will get done before the new SIM year, so don't fret. :) As for next year, I plan on following my new player auction horses fairly closely. I bred each of them originally for myself, so if you are ever looking for a suggestion on how to run one you nabbed from me, give me a PM. I will probably have a similar auction next year. Though, my guess is that I will probably just give away mares to new and newish players so they can have the fun of breeding and naming.

7) TRADES: I am always looking to trade. Made a few really nice deals (for both sides) last year, and hope to continue that this year. Foals from Supremecy (Accolade's mom) and Dethroned (Coup D'etat's mom) will both be up for grabs, as well as some combination of my RL mares. The asking price will be foals (or two yr olds) from similar mares.

8) FUN AND HELP: I plan on having fun and helping as many players as possible. Despite having a massive stable, I also plan on not taking the game TOO seriously (except Coup D'etat's road to the Derby).

-Daryl
IsaP

Post by IsaP »

Not take the game too seriously?

Daryl, remind me to buy you a cookie if you're doing the Derby this year.
Danny Derby
Hall of Fame

Re: Your Plans For Sim Year 17

Post by Danny Derby »

My plans for Year 17 were mostly doing tons and tons of research so I'd know what I was doing when I joined the SIM 13 years later.
Laura Smith
Hall of Fame

Re:

Post by Laura Smith »

Laura Smith wrote: 17 years ago I only have a couple of stakes horses worth mentioning. Paris Pike might go to South Africa, I'll look for an allowance week 2 to prep for the Cape Fillies Guineas week five. Let There Be Light might try a minor stakes in the US week 2 or 3, but even if he does really well he's going to be nowhere near the Derby trail. Chances are he'll end up on the SoAm dirt circuit.

Oh good. I know everyone was waiting anxiously for the update on how my Year 17 went.

Well, Paris Pike DID go to the Cape Fillies Guineas but ran up the track behind some very nice fillies which I should have foreseen but didn't because I had no * idea what I was doing in Year 17.
I managed not to mess up Let There Be Light too badly, and he did go on to win two G1s in South America. Bad sire, but he was my first good horse.

Precious memories.
LONG OVERDUE FARM: Keepin' it Canada since Year 16.
Stallions to meet your every need. As long as you need a turf sprinter.
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Re: Re:

Post by Rochelle Bos »

Laura Smith wrote: 2 years ago
Laura Smith wrote: 17 years ago I only have a couple of stakes horses worth mentioning. Paris Pike might go to South Africa, I'll look for an allowance week 2 to prep for the Cape Fillies Guineas week five. Let There Be Light might try a minor stakes in the US week 2 or 3, but even if he does really well he's going to be nowhere near the Derby trail. Chances are he'll end up on the SoAm dirt circuit.

Oh good. I know everyone was waiting anxiously for the update on how my Year 17 went.

Well, Paris Pike DID go to the Cape Fillies Guineas but ran up the track behind some very nice fillies which I should have foreseen but didn't because I had no * idea what I was doing in Year 17.
I managed not to mess up Let There Be Light too badly, and he did go on to win two G1s in South America. Bad sire, but he was my first good horse.

Precious memories.
Laura:
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt
Erin Sanderson
Hall of Fame

Re: Your Plans For Sim Year 17

Post by Erin Sanderson »

Man, this thread was made just about a month before I joined the SIM. Goodness.
First Faith Thoroughbreds

Home of stallions War Like Me, Can't Take the Sky, Browncoat, Forte, Prodigal Son, and more!