Your Plans For Sim Year 17

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Tammy Fox
Eclipse Champion

Post by Tammy Fox »

What are your plans for your stakes horses or stakes horse hopefuls? Also, who do you think is your most promising yearling?

I will start with the yearlings:
I actually have two favorites:

Tears of Darkness a lovely black filly by Afterdark and out of Storm Of Tears(Dam to Moved to Tears and several other multi stakes winners) This breeding brings in some lines to Fiji and that really excites me. I cannot wait for this filly to race.

Alteration another lovely filly who is by the ever famous MSW turf star Atlas and out of the MSW two times Eclipse Winner Moved To Tears(dam of Tears of the Stars). This filly should also prove to be very exciting.

Onto my older horses:

Tears of the Stars will head to Europe to race in the 1 mile races on the trail to hopefully another BC FM Turf performance(although I must admit the BC Trip is still not certain).

Tearstreaked, last years Hong Kong Vase winner, will head to South Africa to try out the distance races there for fillies/mares. She is five and this will be her last year to race. I am not yet certain whether she will head to the Hong Kong Vase for another try at a second victory or not.

Tearsfromtheheart will hang out in Europe racing in the longer races in hopes of redeeming her defeat in the Breeders Cup. It is also yet undetermined whether she will head to Japan for the Hong Kong Vase or take another shot at the BC FM Turf.

Pacify is also headed out to see if he can gain some more wins before he retires to stud. It is undetermined whether he will stay in South America or head else where.

Onto my Stakes Race Hopefuls

Tears of Triumph(Tulloch x Storm of Tears(Storm Cat)) will currently stay in Japan although that may change. He will continue his stakes career and only looks to get better with age and distance. He is a full sibling to Moved to Tears.

Queen Mary(Astarabad x Megahertz(Pivotal)) is currently in Japan and may or may not stay there. She will continue her pursuit of a stakes victory after being stakes placed twice.

Pilates(Three of Crowns x Bahama Momma(Tejano Causeway)) is ready to attempt stakes company and is currently in the states awaiting his turn at the stakes circuit.

Touch(Give Applause x Hug(Star Studded)) is a coming 4yr old who is ready to attempt stakes company again. I am hoping this colt has gotten his confidence built up enough to tackle the big boys.

I am super excited about Year 17 and the new circuits(South America and South Africa). I cannot wait to see who improves and who stays consistent. All in all should be an exciting year for all.
IsaP

Post by IsaP »

All I can say for certain is that Palpitations will be shipping to Dubai to acclimatize himself to the heat and hopefully bring down the threat of injury.

Oh! And I think Dreamhimbacktolife is going to SoAm.

And Guardian has decided all of his races, but he refuses to let me see the spreadsheet. Stinkin pink-nosed colts ;)
Tammy Fox
Eclipse Champion

Post by Tammy Fox »

LOL, Well poor Pacify is still undecided yet. I did decide to ship Tears of Triumph(MTT's Full Brother) to Europe to compete in the nice 1 1/2 mile races there. I just hope he takes after her and likes the distance. Pilates my THree of Crowns-Bahama Momma colt will be headed to Japan to take on Fumetsu. I am hoping he likes longer races like his older sister.
Now off to discuss with Pacify where he would like to go. He is such a picky colt one minute he wants to be in South AMerica and the next minute he wants to stay in the states(LOL). I don't know what I am going to do with him
Susie Rydell
Eclipse Champion

Post by Susie Rydell »

The only horse I've really plotted out so far is Three of a Kind. He'll be hitting at least three continents, and I'm really excited about that.

Whileaworldsleeps'll probably end up spending most of the year in Europe, but with the grass sprinting there not getting underway until week 7, I'm unsettled on what to do with him until then. I'm leaning toward South Africa, though there's an outside shot he'd try dirt again.

I've got a few yearlings I'm really excited about, and many of them are turf-oriented. Very excited that there will be so many places I can send them.
Jolene Danner
Hall of Fame

Post by Jolene Danner »

Acapulco will be hitting the big ones in Europe. He'll be back Week 4 with an allowance in Dubai, then to a stakes run in Europe, ending with the BC turf Hopefully.

Onetogivemhope will be sticking to around 1 mile this year. he'll be going to the Met Mile off an Allowance race. Then to the Hanshin, PM Mile and BC dirt Mile. Those are the 2 main stakes horses.
Ronda Figal
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Ronda Figal »

Lets see.. well of course most of my hopes and dreams are with Thestarsajetsetter.. i want to see him run in the BC cup turf as his final race of his carrer...and if he has another season where hes is NEVER worse then 3ed in stakes i'll die happy..Also i have a coming 3 year colt Lost In Seattle that will debut in a alowance field(or stakes for 3yr,whichever comes first).I have VERY high hopes with this colt.. In his one and only start he won by 8 and is the only other 3yr by Lost Soldier to run and i hope to see him follow in Lost's footsteps...And as for promsising yearlings i have many, that i have high hopes for but my sentamental favorite will be my Remember To Smile's colt Remember Liam by Saint Liam ,being smile jsut retired and this is her first colt.
Emily Mitchell
Hall of Fame

Post by Emily Mitchell »

My plans for just a few horses:

Pincay is already in Dubai preparing for the Golden Shaheen, and his other ultimate goal is another go in the BC Sprint.

Seven Wonders will ship to England and shoot for two Grade 1 races over there, including the 1000 Guineas... and the goal is to take on the boys in the Sussex and perhaps run in the BC Mile if all goes well.

Performingmiracles may head to South Africa or stay in the USA, I'm not sure. Or maybe South America. Still up in the air about her...

Dreamanditwillcome will point for the Japanese Oaks and then the BC Filly and Mare Turf or maybe the Hong Kong Vase.

Successinthecity will be in the Sunshine Millions Dash and is ultimately pointed for the BC Sprint.

Can't WAIT for next SIM year to start! I've also got a nice bunch of yearlings who should be good, so I've got ones already pointed for races like the BC Juvenile, the Estrellas Juvenile, and the Two Year Old Turf Triple... if they amount to anything at all, that is. Sometimes you never know. ^_^
RIVERSTONE FARM ~ Home of Champions ~ Farms in Kentucky, Germany, and Japan ~
Krystle Yanagihara
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Krystle Yanagihara »

I'm mostly just going to keep to racing in America and Japan for now. Maybe later I'll feel confident enough to relocate my stock to a different country. Haha.
Becca Banner
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Becca Banner »

Yamikishi is dancing along the west coast mostly next year, My Immortal and Seeingthroughtears on his heels. Walks on the Beach will be in Europe. Those are the only ones I have planned.
At Stud:

Yamikishi - Winner of multiple stakes, including Steward's Cup Sprint. Sire of stakes winning sprinters, like Heroism. Stands for $10,000.

Journey's End Farms : Board $15/week
Dave Shields
Eclipse Champion

Post by Dave Shields »

I plan to win every single race I enter... yeah I really do! What I plan and what is reality, well that's a whole difference story (it's a very furlong one too).

Seriously, I just hope to get better at placing horses in the correct fields and races. I have a big group of 3yo's for year 17 so with more areas to run I hope to spread out the heard a bit. Look forward to seeing what I bred does on the track as well. Should be an exciting year for sure! :)
Tasha Langley
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Tasha Langley »

I'm going to bring Left Behind back probably in week 3 in an allowance. Depending on how he does and how soon the Derby is I might try pointing him to the Derby, but I'm not going to pressure him. We'll see how good he is.

Achilles will stay in Japan and have a mapped out plan. He's very good.

I'm probably going to send a couple horses to SoAf. I would need to be able to see the database first to see who =|

The two year olds are going to be going all different directions.
Rivendell Acres
Home to...

Aupollo - $1,000
Dreams Never Die - $10,000
King of Jesters - $35,000
Left Behind - $10,000
Sounds of Victory - $7,500
Sarah Chase
Hall of Fame

Post by Sarah Chase »

I'm just hoping my yearling crop turns out all right! Adjusted nick calculations ...*shiver* If they suck, then, well ...there's always next year. :) If they don't, then hooray! Given my resources, I'm quite proud of my babies. I have several stakes hopefuls, but the routers won't be making MSW appearances until the second half of the year due to race distance. Moon It is shooting for The Look S, but of course she might not turn out to be stakes quality. I'm hoping Itsokaytobelieve, Starryeyedsurprise, Cabernet, and some others also turn out to be stakes quality. If any of my yearlings are any good, it'd be those 4, I think. 2yo debuts are so interesting, because these are the next generation of classic, BC, Estrellas, etc winners! You also hear about the awkward starts, early symptoms of nutcases (a la Stop and Stare's first race :P) ...I'm so pumped for next year. Plus the South American circuits and South African racing.

I'm really scared about the BC Sprint. Many of Year 16's contenders plus last year's fierce 2yo crop! And then this coming year's 2yo crop also looks scary, Era has baby, Inspired something has a baby (Jet or Idea, can't remember which one! Or maybe it was both?), Constellation has baby, Lookit has baby, Embrace has baby, Shetalkstoangels has baby, and many more I know I'm missing.
Frayed - $75,000
Liveinthemoment - $25,000
Same - $10,000
It's Been Awhile - $10,000
Grindelwald - $10,000
Skywatching - $7,500
Brianna McKenzie
Eclipse Champion

Post by Brianna McKenzie »

Jet (my Inspired something) is racing. Idea (Eric's) has a foal. Treasured.. One of my favorite sprint mares ever has a foal.

Weeee The Sprint Trials are gunna be even better this year then last!!
Ali Weasley
Hall of Fame

Post by Ali Weasley »

Sarah Chase wrote:
I'm really scared about the BC Sprint. Many of Year 16's contenders plus last year's fierce 2yo crop! And then this coming year's 2yo crop also looks scary, Era has baby, Inspired something has a baby (Jet or Idea, can't remember which one! Or maybe it was both?), Constellation has baby, Lookit has baby, Embrace has baby, Shetalkstoangels has baby, and many more I know I'm missing.
No Matter What x Em's Always Busy! Watch out! (Can you tell I have hopes... I hope it works)

As for me and next year, I'm not quite as orgnized as you guys...

Throne is gonna spend his year ducking as many of the big runners as possible, though I hope he'll have matured as a 4yo and maybe be able to give 'em a run for their money. He's shown he can ship, winning in Dubai and Japan, so I may send him to South America for a few dirt stakes, or maybe back to Dubai to try the World Cup (which isn't ducking... but he can win in Dubai, so why not?)

Golden Ratio will stay in Europe, ducking Calais.

Fearlessly is gonna try and get a few more G1's under her before she becomes a mommy. Whether I keep trying to sprint her or I stretch her back out, I don't know.

I have a couple of nice 2yo's I have some pretty big hopes for. Fingers crossed.
Steve Martinelli
Sprinter

Post by Steve Martinelli »

No set plan with Fog City...just run him where I think he fits best. It worked last year and this year I am gonna look at the 10F Grade I's possibly starting with the SA Handicap. Unless I have a change of heart which is always possible but not likely in this case, he is not going to Dubai. I would like to think that holding him out of the triple crown this past year after winning the IL Derby kinda did him some good for the end of the year and I kinda view the Dubai thing in the same way for this coming year. If he does good this year and holds his form I might try him in Duabi next year and only race two maybe three more times after that.

One of my fave horses from last year was Supercharged...claimed him for $25k and won the Claiming Crown Jewel and Native Diver. He is FLA bred so he will run next in Sunshine Millions Classic with the Claiming Crown Jewel also on his schedule and a race like the NAtive Diver in Week 15 or 16 where all the big boys are away and I can catch an allowance-caliber field like I did this past year in the Native Diver.

Massage will run in the top grass races for females in America with hopes of getting back to the BC. Lovesongsafterdark will run in the "cut below" female turf races races in America or go to another country...havent decided.

Fleet Afoot will race but I dont know if he will go the whole year...we'll see how he does. I am going to stretch him out to a mile and see how that goes. He ran a good 2nd in a mile stakes last year so there is some hope.

And I think and hope my top 2 year old will be World Traveler, who is a half to Fog City and by Atlas. I am not gonna run in any sprints with her...so she will be started out at a mile. She can prolly do turf or dirt so I hope to find out what is best for her early on.