Dense Fog now at stud

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Shannon Hunt
Eclipse Champion

Dense Fog now at stud

Post by Shannon Hunt »

DENSE FOG

The short ad
He ran pretty good. He's Very Sound.

The long ad
Sired by Stride Through Air, a champion runner who also sired the one horse Foggy never was able to beat, the great filly Windswept Wonder. Papa made some FAST kids. Foggy is 2x3 to the super mare Cheer For Lute, and should cross out well to all your Stabs, Reds, Ghosts, Gallows, Tractors, Passions, etc type mares. He has Hooray and Air Spinel far back enough that those crosses are doable as well.

As a yearling
-Tied the then all-time 3f AW work record in week 8, a record his own sire set as a five year old.
-Broke the then all-time 3f AW record in a barrier trial, defeating future superstar Beautyinthesorrow and G2 winner Pulse of the Maggots.

As a racehorse
-Ran exclusively in stakes races for a record of 29:21-7-0, earning $3,834,500. His one off-the-board finish occurred when his idiot trainer ran him eight times in one season. Always hit the biggest race available without dodging any opponents.
-Undefeated at three. Winner of the unofficial AWS Triple Crown.
-Winner of 11 G1 races, including the Pegasus Summit and two Steward's Cups.
-At his peak, he picked up ten victories in a row.
-Top SF 98
-Winner of six Simmy awards, including 2x All Weather Horse of the Year.

Foggy is currently the highest earning AWS of all time and tied with Formidable F ager for AWS with most stakes wins of all time. He holds the record for most all weather points across ANY division. He was a big closer with pure grit, winning every photo finish and never yielding; I'd bet the farm that he has a killer heart stat.

At stud
Dense Fog will stand for an introductory fee of $30,000 this year. My aim is to kick off his second career with a strong first book of mares, and in the future work to make sure he's available to any breeder, even those on a smaller budget.

For y61, I will offer a full refund for any mare who is a graded AWS stakes winner or producer. If a mare doesn't meet those criteria but you have a compelling argument for her, I will consider full or partial refunds. E.g. a hen who consistently throws low stakes/high allowances may be even more eligible than a mare who produced one graded winner and eight claimers, I just don't know where to draw a "simple" line so do reach out if you have something nice that doesn't quite meet the automatic criteria.

This is the best horse I will ever have and it's been a privilege to campaign him. I hope he will serve you as well at stud as he has served my stable on the track. Thank you for your consideration.
DENSE FOG - AWS multiple freak producer
YOU WILL BE FOUND - DR millionaire producer
Also standing arabian sprinter ISKANDAR ELAKBAR, all weather router SUNRISE INTHE DAWN, and chasers RACING PIRATE and SURVIVOR SE LEVE
Dylan Christensen
Hall of Fame

Re: Dense Fog now at stud

Post by Dylan Christensen »

Hypoing nicely for me, will be sending some nice mares his way
yeah
Shannon Hunt
Eclipse Champion

Post by Shannon Hunt »

Much appreciated Dylan, hope you get something awesome.

Just wanted to give a quick thank you to the community, I've received several kind messages regarding this lad. I didn't communicate his upcoming retirement very well because I wasn't sure I would retire him at all this season, I'm sorry about that and I'm very grateful to those who saved a couple mares anyway "just in case". Y'all are the best.
Also standing arabian sprinter ISKANDAR ELAKBAR, all weather router SUNRISE INTHE DAWN, and chasers RACING PIRATE and SURVIVOR SE LEVE
Shannon Hunt
Eclipse Champion

Post by Shannon Hunt »

Now steward approved :)

A side note, I bred 26 mares to him last year of wildly varying quality (I don't exactly have superstar broodmares in the AWS division, lol, he's doing the best with what he got). Of those foals, only 2 were born peak, most are late bloomers. So if you want runners that'll step it up a notch after their juvenile year, here's your guy!
Maria Schreuder
Derby Contender

Post by Maria Schreuder »

I also don't have great mares to send to him, but from 4 foals last year 1 got 1 allowance late bloomer, 1 allowance progressive and 2 productive late bloomers. Considering the gallop updates, I'm very happy with that, so I'm definitely sending more this season!
Shannon Hunt
Eclipse Champion

Post by Shannon Hunt »

He rates "brave", no surprise there. Several yearlings are working sub-37 times over 3F.

Look for a CO-bred race next season, as a thank you to those who gave him a shot in his first crop!
Joseph Depaulo
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Joseph Depaulo »

Dense Fog colt won the first stake race of the year with a loaded field !
Shannon Hunt
Eclipse Champion

Dense Fog

Post by Shannon Hunt »

Keep Dense Fog in mind during the breeding break! He had a pretty good week 16, as both Foggernaut and Fog Off earned stakes wins and Filosofo ran second in the Steward's Cup. Filosofo is also up for a Simmy as he's the high point earner of the year in his age group (yes, against all the Lloyd kids)! At 20k, Dense Fog is plenty bang for your buck, and will only get better with time as his foals seem to be majority late bloomers (I've got some stakes bloomers in the yearling barn itching to go!).
Shannon Hunt
Eclipse Champion

Post by Shannon Hunt »

Too tired for discourse? Foggy's always available, never massed by anyone but me, does a good job with what he's given, and will help balance some of the Lloyd in your future lines. Brave and Very Sound.
Nicole Marie
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Nicole Marie »

I have a Pink Lloyd hen I'm sending to him next year (a bit relieved that I can't even consider LKI for her so the temptation isn't there :lol: )
Notacatbutalawyer 16: 8-3-1, earnings of $381,300 Founder Stakes, Flat Out Stakes, Lexington Race Course Stakes, Dade County Classic, Sunshine State Stakes, Distorted Reality Stakes, Midnight in the Sahara Stakes
Shannon Hunt
Eclipse Champion

The fog and the thief

Post by Shannon Hunt »

Foggy has a fresh freak and several stakes in the yearling crop. Bet he'll cross real nice with those Lloyd fillies, I got a stakes bloomer out of one myself this year.

I also have the privilege of standing Carrot Stealer this year. This guy is underutilized in Lloyd's shadow, but he hypos very well and brings a fresh pedigree free from Hooray, Red Falx, Stab Thru the Hart, At the Gallows End, Ghost in the Radio, Passion for Action, etc etc. I look forward to using him to diversify my own lines and firmly believe he's worth checking out.