Portlandia Park - Y52 Ownership

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Madelene Gilbert
Hall of Fame

Portlandia Park - Y52 Ownership

Post by Madelene Gilbert »

Track Schedule

Location: Portland, Oregon. This is close enough to ship from the Alaska claiming circuit, as well as within the non-claiming California/Canada/Illinois circuit. At the moment there's a farm located in Seattle, which should be close enough for $100 shipments.
Races: Routes, all distances. 3 years old and up. Open, Colts/Geldings, and Fillies/Mares.
Schedule: Mondays, standard results time.
Board: $20, the lowest fee.
Hall of Fame

Re: New AWR Track - Coming Soon!

Post by The Steward »

I voted for Agronomist Acres before I saw Portlandia Park which should definitely be the winner!
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Madelene Gilbert
Hall of Fame

Re: New AWR Track - Coming Soon!

The Steward wrote: 6 years ago I voted for Agronomist Acres before I saw Portlandia Park which should definitely be the winner!
You can change your vote!
Madelene Gilbert
Hall of Fame

Re: Portlandia Park - Coming Soon!

UPDATE!

Thank you everyone who voted, I've submitted the track information to the Steward! The first four weeks of races have also been submitted, so check out the spreadsheet to see what's coming.

Also, we got an AWESOME Christmas present from the Steward in the form of ALL the missing stakes races have been added to the existing schedule! We don't have to use our slots at the new track to fill holes! :D :D :D So be sure to thank her for her extra work.
Irving Faulkner
Classic Contender

Post by Irving Faulkner »

Thanks mom, for the extra gifts, for Portlandia Park :P :P :P
For judgment is without mercy to him who has shown no mercy. Mercy triumphs over judgment.
Garret Folsom
Hall of Fame

Post by Garret Folsom »

Thank you Em and Maddie for all of your work. Can't wait to see the new schedules and how it helps move the AW division forward!!!
Nick Gilmore
Hall of Fame

Post by Nick Gilmore »

This is soooo cool! I’ve never had a ton of interest in all weather, but I can appreciate your work going into this. Congrats Maddy!
Madelene Gilbert
Hall of Fame

The park exists! WOOT! And you can check out the stakes schedule to see the newest additions. :) ETA: If you have older horses (4yr+) pay special attention, as there are several new graded stakes to choose from!

Also, I want to make a plea with the route community to please please PLEASE take notes for me this year! If you are struggling to find a race, note it and send it to me! I'm doing my best to find gaps, but sometimes we just need more of a race type that already exists. I do have some extra GPs which can be used to create additional races. I'll also be monitoring entries, and if there are races that aren't getting full fields those will be up for review next year.
Aidan O Brien
Derby Contender

Post by Aidan O Brien »

Im no longer heavily involved in AW scene but this is a fantastic idea Madelene, nice one
John Slotmon
Hall of Fame

Re: Portlandia Park - AWR Track

Post by John Slotmon »

Cross-posting here at Maddy's suggestion:

The first 30 folks (no duplicates for the time being) to win a race at Portlandia who pm me in game get a free Benjamin breeding.

Thanks!

ETA - original thought was to lease me your mares and I would complete the free breeding, but I am all ears if you can think of another creative way to make the breeding happen.
"John Slotman and <name redacted> are always sooooo amazingly generous with new and struggling players- I think we all thank you!" - April Eddy, 3/6/2012
Tammy Stawicki
Hall of Fame

Post by Tammy Stawicki »

John Slotmon wrote: 6 years ago Cross-posting here at Maddy's suggestion:

The first 30 folks (no duplicates for the time being) to win a race at Portlandia who pm me in game get a free Benjamin breeding.

Thanks!

ETA - original thought was to lease me your mares and I would complete the free breeding, but I am all ears if you can think of another creative way to make the breeding happen.
The other option is set a high stud fee and refund people post breed but it can be tricky to come up with a fee that is high enough that people outside the promotion won't use him yet low enough that everyone can afford to pay the money up front.
Turf Miler studs
Hempstead
Nonego
Omnsicience

Paint Sprinter studs
Jersey
Lecythus*

Paint Mid studs
Corona Wagon Train*
Jacinth
Komati*
Livewires Turnpike*

Discounts for stakes winners/producers
* = multidistance potential
Garret Folsom
Hall of Fame

Post by Garret Folsom »

I'm super excited that I was the first ever winner at Portlandia Park.

https://www.simhorseracing.com/race.php?RaceID=1107977
J.r. Lewis
Grade 3 Winner

Post by J.r. Lewis »

Congrats Garret...I got a 2nd and 3rd...grrrrr
James Ryan
Sprinter

Post by James Ryan »

Thanks for offering such a great incentive to race there. Especially as a new player, fairly excited to say I had a winner there for the 1st week of racing.

https://www.simhorseracing.com/race.php?RaceID=1107979

Now I just have to find a decent AWR mare to send to Benjamin :D
True Blue Stud - Sire Roster All Sires standing for $11,000