What do I do with him?

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Andrew James
Grade 1 Winner

What do I do with him?

Post by Andrew James »

https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1154679

So Takeshi finally bloomed this year and has turned into a decent runner. I never gelded him and now I am torn. He wont be retiring this year for sure but should I be planning a stud career for him or do you think I can safely geld him. He feels like he's right on the line for me, his female family is actually not that bad and he now has a 92 sf high. But I get the feeling he'd be a B+/B kinda guy and if that's the case Id rather geld him and try and win one of the big ones.'

Appreciate your thoughts in advance.
AJR SC Winners: Karsa, Can't Reconcile, The Reckoners, Amsterdam, Forge of Darkness, Nightchill, The Wheel of Time
Kent Saunders
Grade 1 Winner

Re: What do I do with him?

Post by Kent Saunders »

G1 winner, he gets a shot at stud IMO
Katie Stepanian
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Katie Stepanian »

Agree, I think the more stallions we can get in AW to add diversity and options for breeding the better :)
Randall Allen
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Randall Allen »

Why would you even consider gelding him? It isn’t a 5 year old with subpar earnings. Is this a play to get attention for your future stallion? If so, it got me to look lol.
Andrew James
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Andrew James »

LOL! It wasn't that no. Ive got a half dozen geldings over the earnings threshold in training right now. Feels like there's more to being a successful stallion than reaching the earnings threshold.

Just legitimately wanted to know if others would consider standing him, I have a real hard time with making that decision and if I wasnt going to stand him I would definitely geld him.

Thanks everyone for the feedback.
AJR SC Winners: Karsa, Can't Reconcile, The Reckoners, Amsterdam, Forge of Darkness, Nightchill, The Wheel of Time
Dylan Christensen
Hall of Fame

Post by Dylan Christensen »

A wise person once said that All Weather is a crap shoot. It’s hard to know what exactly you’re going to get with him as a stallion but it’s certainly worth finding out!
yeah
Garret Folsom
Hall of Fame

Post by Garret Folsom »

I would like to bring up No Luck Needed as an example of what a similarly earning Live the Dream stallion can do. I would absolutely keep him intact.
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

Would breed to him...
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Andrew James
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Andrew James »

That settles that then :) thanks everyone for the discussion.
Randall Allen
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Randall Allen »

I will send some mares to him whenever he retires in the future!