AW Route Wins - Y58

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Garret Folsom
Hall of Fame

AW Route Wins - Y58

Post by Garret Folsom »

Here are the updates for Year 58 win information:

Week 1 only had one milestone. Jake Simski became the 830th person to get an AW Route win. Congrats Jake!
Garret Folsom
Hall of Fame

Re: AW Route Wins - Y58

Post by Garret Folsom »

Week 2 gave us two first time winners. They are Varina Steeplehope and Greg Czechowicz. Congrats to you both.
Garret Folsom
Hall of Fame

Post by Garret Folsom »

In a year where I'm having a pretty bad start overall, I need to share this to make me feel better about things!!!

Here are some Grade 1 wins for AW Routers.

Week 2 Day 5 - Bennie and the Jets wins the Year 58 Pegasus Route for Ronnie Dee. It's Ronnie's 6th AW Route G1 win. This puts him in a tie with Bryan Price, Lee Cara, Louise Bayou and Randall Allen for 16th place in AWR G1 wins.

Week 3 Day 1 - Carouse becomes the 2nd G1 winner by Buncha Yahoos in the Winter Derby. It's Laura Ferguson's 5th AW Route Grade 1 win. Also interesting is that after all this time, this is Paynter's first ever G1 winner as a Dam Sire.

Week 3 Day 1 - Second Vent wins the Winter Oaks. It is my 19th AW Route G1 win, only 17 behind Todd Lucas who is 2nd all-time. She is by Le Vent Se Leve out of a Wizarding War mare.

Also, the dam of Carouse (Paynt the Skye) is a half-sister to the dam of Second Vent (Second Stain). I found that to be pretty interesting!
Lisa Bennert
Turf Router

Post by Lisa Bennert »

Garret Folsom wrote: 3 years ago Week 3 Day 1 - Second Vent wins the Winter Oaks. It is my 19th AW Route G1 win, only 17 behind Todd Lucas who is 2nd all-time. She is by Le Vent Se Leve out of a Wizarding War mare.
Wow, I didn't expect this, Santa Susana looked unbeatable, but that's why we love (and sometimes hate) the Sim- it always stays unpredictable! Congrats on the win, Garret!
Lisa
Garret Folsom
Hall of Fame

Post by Garret Folsom »

Week 3 gives us only 1 milestone, but it's a big one. Todd Lucas becomes the 9th member of the 600 win club.

He joins Madelene Gilbert, Garret Folsom, Randall Allen, Bernard Kwok, Dom Behan, Christophe Desjardin, Lucas Davenport and Lee Cara.
Garret Folsom
Hall of Fame

Post by Garret Folsom »

Just finished up Week 4.

Thomas Fleming became the 118th person to reach 50 career AW Route wins. Congrats Thomas!

That was the only milestone for this week. There are quite a few people getting close though!
Randall Allen
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Randall Allen »

These updates are, by far, my favorite thing in the forum.
Garret Folsom
Hall of Fame

Post by Garret Folsom »

Thanks, that means a lot!!!
Garret Folsom
Hall of Fame

Post by Garret Folsom »

Week 5 gave us 3 milestones and the return of two to the AWR ranks.

Lauren Crockett and Jade Robinson became the 833rd and 834th SIM members to win an AW Route race. Congrats and welcome to you both.
Garret Folsom (me) picked up his 1,600th win. The second person to reach that milestone. 129 behind Madelene Gilbert for first all-time.

Jonathan Fisher picked up his first AW Route win since Year 48. It was his 140th overall, good for 56th all-time.
Abe Froman picked up his first AW Route win since Year 49. It was his 91st overall, good for 73rd all-time.

Welcome back Jonathan and the Sausage King.
Last edited by Garret Folsom 3 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Aaron Tonning
Miler

Post by Aaron Tonning »

Congrats on 1,600 Garrett. That is a ton of wins! Well not quite yet.
Garret Folsom
Hall of Fame

Post by Garret Folsom »

Thanks Aaron, it's taken me a long time and a lot of horses to reach that number!!!
Garret Folsom
Hall of Fame

Post by Garret Folsom »

So, here we go...

Week 6 saw Christophe Desjardin become the 6th person to reach 700 AW Route wins in the SIM.

Congrats to Kasie Gillespie and Premium Toothpaste for winning the AW Route World Heavyweight Championship, beating Cupids Inspiration in the Parade Stakes.

Congrats to Tiyoun Long and Astral Magic on winning the G1 McBride Championship Cup.
Congrats to Andrew James and Takeshi Kovacs on winning the G1 Exhibition Stakes.
Congrats to Randall Allen and Clarence Nash on winning the G1 All Weather Derby.
Congrats to Randall Allen and Baptist Ridge on winning the G1 All Weather Oaks.

This is the first time that someone has won the Oaks and the Derby in the same year. Quite an accomplishment for Randall Allen.
Aaron Tonning
Miler

Post by Aaron Tonning »

Congrats Randall. Absolutely Amazing!
Randall Allen
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Randall Allen »

I saw that I won both the oaks and the derby this year. I have been really blessed after building an aw barn for the last 15 or so sim years. I'm not as good as some of the people listed in this thread, but it was nice to pickup a couple of big wins.

Thanks for the congrats Garret and Aaron. I really appreciate it!
Garret Folsom
Hall of Fame

Post by Garret Folsom »

Just updated Week 7 win numbers.

Two milestones this week:

Jim Hoffman became the 835th person to win an AW Route race. Congrats Jim.
Kent Saunders became the 11th person to reach 500 wins. Quite an accomplishment!!!