Oh hi, I'm back (maybe?)

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Madelene Gilbert
Hall of Fame

Oh hi, I'm back (maybe?)

Post by Madelene Gilbert »

So.... it's been a while since I've paid attention to the SIM. Lots of "life" happened in the last 2 RL years. :P

Thank you to everyone who messaged me over the many months. I might not have time to reply, but I appreciate you checking in with me! Unfortunately most of my messages have expired, but I'm happy to catch up if you send me a PM.

In an effort to reboot my stable, I'm selling off a BUNCH of my stock. They won't be worth much, since they're old and unraced (unfit, unnamed, etc.) but maybe they'll find a good home with people who can give them more attention. Here's the auction link.

I'm also *woefully* out of touch with the current state of AW affairs, so I'd appreciate any tips, news, updates, and anything else I should know about? Who's winning the G1s? Who are the big trainers? What stallions should I breed to? Help!
Garret Folsom
Hall of Fame

Re: Oh hi, I'm back (maybe?)

Post by Garret Folsom »

Welcome back!!! I'll do my best to get you caught up via PM. I'm glad that you have returned, even if it's in a limited capacity. The game is better off when you're here.
Nick Gilmore
Hall of Fame

Post by Nick Gilmore »

I certainly remember all you’ve done for the sim and am delighted you’re back! I do feel you shouldn’t restrict yourself to all weather...turf route wants your love!
Abby Brooks
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Abby Brooks »

Welcome back!

I'm super into Midnight Aria, Hot Dog, Good Samaritan, Mile After Mile, Mitole, Cracksman, and Avacas for AW milers/Routers. I also like Sottsass for turf/aw mile/route if you are looking to get into that area.
Testing The Waters|Multi G1 AWM/AWR winner|40k
Dont make pee jokes, or you'll be barked at in the super secret sim discord where grown adults whine about one another
Lisa Bennert
Turf Router

Post by Lisa Bennert »

Welcome back! I don't think we've been in contact before, but I remember really looking up to you and hope you can get your barn going again and that you'll stick around :)
Lisa
Madelene Gilbert
Hall of Fame

Post by Madelene Gilbert »

Well I'm happy to see that the majority of the sires I'm accustomed to have stuck around long enough for me to breed to (looking at you 12-14YO boys lol). I'm doing all right on cash; thanks to everyone who's been breeding to my stallions btw, you've keep me in the black! ;) I've also got a fair amount of talent left in the barn, so don't feel too bad for me. Here's hoping my 28 Blue Hen mares give me lots of nice babies. :lol: I won't have any good runners for a few years though, so I can say with confidence that Garrett will beat my total AW wins before I'm back to full strength. :mrgreen:
Darcy McBride
Hall of Fame

Post by Darcy McBride »

So happy to see you are returning in some form, Madelene!! AWR just hasn't been the same! Garret said he would update you; he is the man to do it!
Welcome back!!
DM: AMERICATION MISCHIEF & JAMBOREE
TM: NIGHTWATCH
DS: SINISTER MISTER/THE HELLHOUND/DARKANDSTORMYNIGHT
AWR: TUSCANY GOLD
QH DS: EL RAY SOL
QH DM: MARK ME CHROMED
Doug Cuomo
Derby Contender

Post by Doug Cuomo »

Welcome back!
Laura Ferguson
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Ferguson »

Welcome back!
Ash Tarasin
Eclipse Champion

Post by Ash Tarasin »

Welcome back!
Karazhan, Deshaan
Storm Drawing Near (sire of Steward's Cup winner)
John Nicholson
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by John Nicholson »

Good to have you back Madelene
Nena Olson
Hall of Fame

Post by Nena Olson »

Welcome Back, Maddie!!
✧.* SIM Artist ੈ✩‧₊˚