Cupids Inspiation...retire or not?

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Brian Chunn
Miler

Cupids Inspiation...retire or not?

Post by Brian Chunn »

I welcome any advice on Cupids Inspiration please,do i retire her and breed (she is a 5yo mare) or race one more season? I am vying on the side of breeding her (which then the question is who too?), she has improved this season and would she continue to improve or level off? I have loved racing her and maybe winning a SC race it would be fitting to end her racing career on a high!! Thanks in advance for any thoughts
Randall Allen
Grade 1 Winner

Re: Cupids Inspiation...retire or not?

Post by Randall Allen »

She is five and will be six next year, I think you might have answered your own retire or not question :)

As far as which stallion to use you can't go wrong with Longbird, Danon Premium or Dragon Temple to minimize inbreeding. The (Dragon Temple x whichever mare sired by D's Tapeta) combo is what I have had the most success with from Tapeta mares, personally.
Garret Folsom
Hall of Fame

Post by Garret Folsom »

I would lean towards retiring. I haven't seen an older AW Route mare tearing up the track since Demineralization. Maybe she's an exception and I don't think it would be wrong to keep her going if you want to keep racing her.

As for who to use, Danon Premium for sure would be a good option, would give you the same cross as Franzia. I also have a Stakes galloping 2YO that just picked up a Stakes win with the Catfood N Sadness x D's Tapeta cross, and Catfood N Sadness doesn't have much time left. Soft Eyes has given me a Stakes and Allowance galloper with D's Tapeta mares.
Brian Chunn
Miler

Post by Brian Chunn »

thank you Randall/Garret i appreciate your advice.