All Weather Oaks/Derby

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Garret Folsom
Hall of Fame

All Weather Oaks/Derby

Post by Garret Folsom »

I just wanted to say that I'm really looking forward to these two races this year. Both fields look quite nice.

First with the Oaks:
Brass Planets is being entered by Glenn Escobar. She's only run on Turf before, but I'm guessing she's quite versatile based on her pedigree and the fact that she's entered in this race. I can't wait to see how she does on the new surface.
Joyeux Noel is being entered by Nicholas Johnson. Was one-half of the dead heat for the All Weather Debutante last year. I really like Nicholas, and am always excited when he has a nice AW horse. He did quite a nice job with Margaux.
Legendary Eyes is being entered by Garret Folsom (me). The first foal out of Allura, she galloped claimer as a yearling and I almost cried. She jumped up to Stakes midway through her yearling year. Then as a 2YO she jumped again to Freak. She was the other half of the dead heat with Joyeaux Noel.
Mary Mo is being entered by Jamie Bates. She's 3 for 4 and the only race she didn't win was the All Weather Debutante mentioned above. I really like this filly and wish she was mine! I think she'll have a great career.
On the Level is being entered by Randall Allen. She doesn't have the results of the others, but with the way Randall has been going, it's pretty hard to bet against any of his entries in big stakes races.
Providentia is being entered by Nicholas Johnson. Another one without standout results, but a 59.06 5F workout time tells me that she still has quite a bit in the tank. If it comes out, this field could be in trouble.
The Queen's Gambit is being entered by Todd Lucas. Should I just say that her dam is Thatnightintoronto and let that be enough? Yeah, I don't think so either. Coming off a G1 win in the Winter Oaks, it looks like she's in for a big year.
I don't want to discount Conji (Robert Mertz), Sound of Fires (Johanna Stk) or Timeless Wish (Brian Chunn). They all have their positive points as well and I hope they do great things for their owners.

Next up is the Derby:
Anesthetic Gel is being entered by Kasie Gillespie. He has two stakes wins and his only loss in a stakes race was to Red Lantern in the All Weather Futurity by a neck. I'm a fan of this guy!
Beautyinthesorrow is being entered by Dylan Christensen. Talk about versatility! This guy debuted in a Turf Sprint Stakes race, has run AW sprint, mile and route as well as Turf sprint and route. In all of that he's only off the board twice. He's back to AW Route where he seems to excel, winning the G1 Winter Derby.
Long Dong is being entered by Danny Derby. Hasn't stunned people with his results yet, but he has such a great pedigree. Also, having Danny Derby directing your career probably doesn't hurt either.
New Found Wealth is being entered by Dusty Klatt. He's definitely been on a less stressful schedule than the rest of the field, but he's got great results. Two wins and a runner up to Beautyinthesorrow in the Winter Derby. Mix that with solid workout times, he's going to be a solid race horse.
Orange Sensation is being entered by Robert Mertz. We have a filly in the Derby, she's probably really good!!! Undefeated by Game Point sired Acclamation, she's coming off a big win over Legendary Eyes in the G2 Oaks Hopes Stakes. Nobody has gotten closer than 1 length of her at the finish.
Red Lantern is being entered by Garret Folsom (me).The last AW Route Freak I had was Franzia. Red Lantern isn't Franzia, but he's still really good. He's won 4 out of 5, losing last time out. He has a G1 win in the All Weather Futurity last year, to go along with a couple G2's as well.
Riberotic is being entered by Brian Chunn. He's undefeated and by the underrated (in my opinion) Wakanda. He's been slowly moving up in competition level and succeeded each time. He's now reached the top.
True Wind Rune is being entered by Randall Allen. Doesn't have the superstar results to this point, but I've learned the Randall Allen is someone that you shouldn't bet against very often...
Dylan Christensen
Hall of Fame

Re: All Weather Oaks/Derby

Post by Dylan Christensen »

Awesome race and an awesome write up! Congrats to Robert Mertz and Orange Sensation, more than happy to take second here!
yeah
Johanna Stk
Eclipse Champion

Re: All Weather Oaks/Derby

Post by Johanna Stk »

I am very happy with my filly finishing 2nd in the oaks!
Skam den som ger sig!