AW Route Wins - Y61

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Garret Folsom
Hall of Fame

AW Route Wins - Y61

Post by Garret Folsom »

I'm excited for another year of AW Route win updates.

Week 1 only gives us one milestone, but it's a first win, which is always nice.

Congrats to Benjamin Segota on your first AW Route win. The 863rd different winner!!!
Maria Schreuder
Derby Contender

Re: AW Route Wins - Y61

Post by Maria Schreuder »

Thanks for undertaking this yet another year!
Garret Folsom
Hall of Fame

Post by Garret Folsom »

Week 2 gives us just one milestone, but a big one.

Willie Carson is just the 18th person in SIM history to reach 400 career AW Route wins.

Also - Zahariel recaptured the AW Route World Heavyweight Championship by defeating Red Lantern in the Pegasus Route. Congrat to Zahariel and owner Carolyn Eaton.
Carolyn Eaton
Hall of Fame

Post by Carolyn Eaton »

Thanks! So psyched! It was an amazing race!
I'm just here for the fun of it
Garret Folsom
Hall of Fame

Post by Garret Folsom »

I fell behind a little bit. Here are the udpated win milestones:

Week 3:
Douglas Marley picked up his first career AW Route win, the 864th different winner in SIM history.

The AW Route division welcomed back to players from a lengthy absence. Carole Hanson picked up her first win since Year 34 (before I started playing the game) and Tom Mudgett picked up his first AW Route win since Year 39 (when I had no more than 65 wins). Welcome back Carole and Tom.

Week 4:
Pat McGowan became the 205th member of the 25 win club. Congrats Pat!
Erin Sanderson became the 131st member of the 50 win club. Congrats Erin!
Garret Folsom
Hall of Fame

Post by Garret Folsom »

There were no milestones reached during Week 5.

Madelene Gilbert holds a 6 win lead in the career standings and Maria Schreuder has taken over this year with the most wins so far at 30 through 5 weeks.
Garret Folsom
Hall of Fame

Post by Garret Folsom »

We made up for the lack of milestones last week.

Phil Furlong and Meghan Kingsley both picked up their first win. They are the 865th and 866th different AW Route winners.
Robert McG is the 78th different person to reach 100 career wins.
Andrew James is now the 13th member of the 500 win club!

In overall standings, Madelene Gilbert and I are once again tied for the most AW Route wins in history with 1,847.

We also had 5 G1 races this week.

Tuscany Gold won the McBride Championship Cup for owner Darcy McBride. It's the first time that Darcy has won the race that is named after her. It's Tuscany Gold's 2nd G1 win. It's Darcy's 4th AW Route G1 win, It's the 7th G1 win as a sire for Franzia and the 9th G1 win as a Dam sire for Thermodynamic.

Aloha won the All Weather Derby for Laura Ferguson. This is the first All Weather Derby win for Laura Ferguson. Her 7th AW Route G1 win. It's Aloha's first G1 win as well as the first G1 winner for sire Avacas. His Dam sire, Live the Dream, now has 23 wins as a Dam Sire, second only to Benjamin.

Darcy McBride's Swiftlyflowtheyears picked up her 2nd G1 of the year winning the All Weather Oaks. It's Darcy's 5th AWR G1 and sire Pinatubo's 5th AWR G1 as a sire. Swiftlyflowtheyears is dam sire, Danon Premium's only AW Route G1 winner.

Red Lantern picked up his 5th AW Route G1 win in the Exhibition Stakes for me. He is sired by Dragon Temple who is the sire for 14 Grade 1 wins. Dam Sire Quidditch has 7 AW Route G1's as a Dam Sire. This was my 28th AW Route G1 win, which is 3rd all-time behind Madelene Gilbert and Todd Lucas.

Lastly, we cover the "Guess I'm Kicked Out the Party" race that was sponsored by Carole Hanson. This race was won by Laventel for Maria Schreuder. It is the first AW Route G1 for both of them. Laventel is sired by Acclamation who now has a total of 7 AW Route G1 wins as a sire. For another first, Dam Sire, Air Spinel had never had an AW Route G1 winner before this race.

Congrats to you all!!!

As always, if you want to know where you are at in the standings or any fun information that I can provide, I'm happy to do so.
Darcy McBride
Hall of Fame

Post by Darcy McBride »

As always, Garret, thank you for keeping track of the AWR; it sure is fun to read, especially the race between you and Maddie!!
DM: AMERICATION MISCHIEF & JAMBOREE
TM: NIGHTWATCH
DS: SINISTER MISTER/THE HELLHOUND/DARKANDSTORMYNIGHT
AWR: TUSCANY GOLD
QH DS: EL RAY SOL
QH DM: MARK ME CHROMED
Garret Folsom
Hall of Fame

Post by Garret Folsom »

Thanks Darcy. Congrats on your two big wins!!!
Garret Folsom
Hall of Fame

Post by Garret Folsom »

There is just one milestone for Week 7.

Maria Schreuder picked up her 200th career AW Route win, just the 43rd person to reach that level. Maria is currently one of the winningest owners for Y61, so keep an eye on her!!!

I've picked up a 1 win lead over Madelene Gilbert for the All-Time AW Route wins. Last time this happened she went on a big run of wins and opened up a good sized lead.
Garret Folsom
Hall of Fame

Post by Garret Folsom »

There were no milestones reached for Week 8.
Garret Folsom
Hall of Fame

Post by Garret Folsom »

Week 9 gave us two first-time winners.

Ren Marston and Timmy Tiarks both picked up their first AW Route wins during the week. They are the 867th and 868th different AW Route winners.
Garret Folsom
Hall of Fame

Post by Garret Folsom »

Once again, no milestones for Week 10. There are quite a few people that are getting close though, so we should see more coming up.
Garret Folsom
Hall of Fame

Post by Garret Folsom »

Only 1 milestone for Week 11.

Anthony L Carder has become the 79th member of the 100 win club!!! Congrats Anthony!
Garret Folsom
Hall of Fame

Post by Garret Folsom »

3 milestones have been reached in Week 12.

Andrea Smith became the 869th different SIMster to win an AW Route race. Congrats Andrea!
Jon Snyder was welcomed to the 50 win club by the other 131 members.
Randall Allen is just the 3rd person in SIM History to reach 1,400 career AW Route wins. Nice Work Randall!