Weather or Not renewal

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Shannon Hunt
Eclipse Champion

Weather or Not renewal

Post by Shannon Hunt »

Hey there AWS fans, as the season draws to a close I am reminded that the track has a renewal fee. I will be using lease auction proceeds on the exchange to hopefully cover a solid chunk of this, but the exchange inflation is mirroring real life, apparently. If you have benefited from Weather or Not Park this year, and would like to help keep it going for another season, you are very welcome to chip in, big or small, everything counts. May you have a good final two weeks of y61~
DENSE FOG - AWS multiple freak producer
YOU WILL BE FOUND - DR millionaire producer
Also standing arabian sprinter ISKANDAR ELAKBAR, all weather router SUNRISE INTHE DAWN, and chasers RACING PIRATE and SURVIVOR SE LEVE
Shannon Hunt
Eclipse Champion

Re: Weather or Not renewal

Post by Shannon Hunt »

Between a kind donation and some exchanging, we're up to 91k, so 124k left to go. I'll keep putting out exchange offers as long as I have the funds to do so, and if the track doesn't get renewed this year, I'll stow those GP to hopefully have enough renew for y63 instead.
(if that is the case and benefactor would like to get their GP back this year, message me and I'll gladly send them back)
Also standing arabian sprinter ISKANDAR ELAKBAR, all weather router SUNRISE INTHE DAWN, and chasers RACING PIRATE and SURVIVOR SE LEVE
Shannon Hunt
Eclipse Champion

Post by Shannon Hunt »

Holy smokes, several people stepped up and blew through that remaining deficit. Track renewed, I hope you all win many races on it next year!
Shannon Hunt
Eclipse Champion

Post by Shannon Hunt »

It's that time of year again. Currently need approximately 112k GP to renew. I am working the exchange and may be able to buy some GP this weekend, so that deficit should hopefully keep going down, but if anyone wants to chip in to keep the track going, you are very welcome to do so!

If I don't get the funds together before the season starts, I'll just let it be dormant until I have saved up enough and will reactivate it at that point.

Also, let me know if there are any issues with the race scheduling, I inherited a full schedule and haven't touched it since.
Carolyn Eaton
Hall of Fame

Post by Carolyn Eaton »

sent some GPs along
I'm just here for the fun of it
Shannon Hunt
Eclipse Champion

Post by Shannon Hunt »

Thank you, Carolyn!

Update: between some generous donations and exchange deals, the amount needed to renew is down to 48k. I'll update as that number changes.
Kasie Gillespie
Miler

Post by Kasie Gillespie »

Sent some GP over. Thanks for doing the footwork
Shannon Hunt
Eclipse Champion

Post by Shannon Hunt »

Track renewed! Thank you everyone who pitched in, and we've got a good chunk earmarked for next year as well!
Shannon Hunt
Eclipse Champion

Post by Shannon Hunt »

Whoops, it's that time of year again. I've been poking at the exchange throughout the season, so between that and some leftovers from last year, we're currently looking at 85k left for renewal. If you would like to contribute to the track renewal cost, you know where to find me (and if you don't have the GP to spare, maybe breed yourself a Dense Fog foal and I'll launder that cash through the exchange instead... or if you do have the GP but want something for your efforts, go nuts on the exchange and maybe you'll get one of my offers there!)
Shannon Hunt
Eclipse Champion

Post by Shannon Hunt »

Update, 65k to go
Shannon Hunt
Eclipse Champion

Post by Shannon Hunt »

Editing this post instead of making a new update and bumping down people's ads - we're all set now! If anyone wants to contribute for y65 renewal, send over gp anytime with a message that it's for the track and I'll put it in the savings column.
Shannon Hunt
Eclipse Champion

Post by Shannon Hunt »

So I've been working overtime on the exchange, offers still out but right now we're only about 15k off for y65 renewal (had to check, I thought we were in 63 still, shows where I've been this season lol). So it'll get renewed either way, but if anyone wants to chip in for the rest of this year or the savings fund for next year, you know where to find me. Or send a mare or two to Foggy and I'll put that cash in the exchange fund.

(Assuming people want the track going still? I'm definitely not turning any profit on its existence between exchange expenses vs my mediocre aws racing income now that my one random superstar is growing fat in retirement, but I'm happy to keep it renewed for the community as long as the community has use for it. If the community doesn't have use for it, please do let me know, I just took over after Dylan's department because it seemed a shame to let it disappear).

Happy racing!
Joseph Depaulo
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Joseph Depaulo »

Shannon Hunt wrote: 9 months ago So I've been working overtime on the exchange, offers still out but right now we're only about 15k off for y65 renewal (had to check, I thought we were in 63 still, shows where I've been this season lol). So it'll get renewed either way, but if anyone wants to chip in for the rest of this year or the savings fund for next year, you know where to find me. Or send a mare or two to Foggy and I'll put that cash in the exchange fund.

(Assuming people want the track going still? I'm definitely not turning any profit on its existence between exchange expenses vs my mediocre aws racing income now that my one random superstar is growing fat in retirement, but I'm happy to keep it renewed for the community as long as the community has use for it. If the community doesn't have use for it, please do let me know, I just took over after Dylan's department because it seemed a shame to let it disappear).

Happy racing!
Put me down for the 15
Jamie Bates
Sprinter

Post by Jamie Bates »

I sent 5,000 too.
"It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so."
Shannon Hunt
Eclipse Champion

Post by Shannon Hunt »

Jamie and a couple other gentlemen beat you to the punch, Joseph, so the track has been renewed for y65, but you're very welcome to put those in the y66 fund or save them until the time comes, if you like. There's a little left over after tonight's donations so 10k is already in the savings fund for y66 (keeping track of this, so even if I spend some exchange GP on my own personal stable stuff, track donations stay in their own column for track renewal only). Thanks everyone!