Silly me...

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Ma Springs
Grade 1 Winner

Silly me...

Post by Ma Springs »

...for thinking my freak chaser could pick up a check in his maiden race! :?

https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1236814

Adjusting expectations... :roll:
Nashville Stud
Elite Power | DS/DM/AWS/AWM/AWR | $40,000
Levels | TM | $12,000 with incentives
Kacchan | TM | $3,500
Dylan Christensen
Hall of Fame

Re: Silly me...

Post by Dylan Christensen »

Welcome to the chaser world! Enjoy your stay :?
yeah
Andrew Chillin
Hall of Fame

Post by Andrew Chillin »

Do they ever do better in steeple chase than bumper? is that a thing or is it set up where if they're good theyll win or they suck.
;p
Flizan Hambletonian
Turf Router

Post by Flizan Hambletonian »

Andrew Davidson wrote: 3 years ago Do they ever do better in steeple chase than bumper? is that a thing or is it set up where if they're good theyll win or they suck.
They can improve like any other horse. They often mature a bit later than other divisions (I think). I've had several "peak reached" that have improved as at least 5 y old (from stakes to freak for example), so I think they can improve from "bad freak" to "good freak" to.
Country House Turf Router, AW Router, Steeplechaser
Smoke and Gusto Paint Dirt Router
Flizans Bourbon Steeplechaser
Andrew Chillin
Hall of Fame

Post by Andrew Chillin »

Flizan Hambletonian wrote: 3 years ago
Andrew Davidson wrote: 3 years ago Do they ever do better in steeple chase than bumper? is that a thing or is it set up where if they're good theyll win or they suck.
They can improve like any other horse. They often mature a bit later than other divisions (I think). I've had several "peak reached" that have improved as at least 5 y old (from stakes to freak for example), so I think they can improve from "bad freak" to "good freak" to.
Sure sure, but is there a performance difference between bumper races and jumps? Ever, or are they programmed in to run the same
;p
Flizan Hambletonian
Turf Router

Post by Flizan Hambletonian »

They run the same, but they can improve /decline as other horses. 3 y olds go from progress/late bloomer to peak reached when they start their 4 y old season (but as I said before- I have seen several horses improve later despite the "peak reached"-comment). Bumper or Steeplechase-races- I havn't seen any difference. Perhaps someone else has other experiences?
Country House Turf Router, AW Router, Steeplechaser
Smoke and Gusto Paint Dirt Router
Flizans Bourbon Steeplechaser
Andrew James
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Andrew James »

Maybe I thought I was seeing a pattern that didn't exist but I don't even run my horses in the Bumpers anymore because they can't compete but they are competitive in the Steeple races.
AJR SC Winners: Karsa, Can't Reconcile, The Reckoners, Amsterdam, Forge of Darkness, Nightchill, The Wheel of Time
Ma Springs
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Ma Springs »

Dylan Christensen wrote: 3 years ago Welcome to the chaser world! Enjoy your stay :?
Thank you! No problem, I've put together a comfort kit I'll remember to bring to the track next time... ☕🍰🍫🍪🧸🥇🍾🙂
Nashville Stud
Kacchan | TM | $3,500
Ma Springs
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Ma Springs »

Andrew James wrote: 3 years ago
Maybe I thought I was seeing a pattern that didn't exist but I don't even run my horses in the Bumpers anymore because they can't compete but they are competitive in the Steeple races.
Yes? Weird. Brings some hope. 😊
Nashville Stud
Kacchan | TM | $3,500