Chasing Newbie

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Sam Clearwater
Two Year Old

Chasing Newbie

Post by Sam Clearwater »

Heyoooo I am (again) poking my nose into things I don’t know much about. I’m really interested in expanding into steeplechasing. Does anyone have any good tips/tricks, or good sires/bloodlines they really like? Or perhaps any game point sires that they find hypo really well for chasing?

There were only a few chasers on the sales page so I’m really only dipping my toes in the water for now, but I’m super keen to give it a good try
Andrea Bouwkamp
Eclipse Champion

Re: Chasing Newbie

Post by Andrea Bouwkamp »

It used to be a great division to get your feet wet but now has become too expensive to breed. Stud fees are crazy high and the stallion selection has minimal value for a new player unless a dominant player gives you some good bloodstock. The division is dominated by a few select players. If you want good stock, go into chat and ask for help.

The most forgiving divisions and competitive divisions are Appaloosa/Paints and for TBs Turf Sprinters and Milers can often turn a prophet

Good luck.
Meghan Kingsley
Sprinter

Post by Meghan Kingsley »

I gave up on Chasers. Only a few players dominate and the rest of us watch our Freak and Stakes gallopers barely eek it out in cheap claimers. Chasers tend to be inconsistent and take a long time to train, and stud fees are very high. I agree with the above poster-- if you want to do it, get in chat and see if some of the longtime Chaser players might lend you some horses.
Sam Clearwater
Two Year Old

Post by Sam Clearwater »

Fair enough. Thanks for your honesty!!
Andrea Bouwkamp
Eclipse Champion

Post by Andrea Bouwkamp »

Meghan Kingsley wrote: 10 months ago I gave up on Chasers. Only a few players dominate and the rest of us watch our Freak and Stakes gallopers barely eek it out in cheap claimers. Chasers tend to be inconsistent and take a long time to train, and stud fees are very high. I agree with the above poster-- if you want to do it, get in chat and see if some of the longtime Chaser players might lend you some horses.
100% co-sign here. I’m about to gut out my entire Steeplechase stable. This division is ridiculous. I’m running Stakes level geldings in cheap, cheap claimers and I can’t even get a check. Total waste of SIM money and a joke division. Even my freaks don’t earn a living. Not worth the time or investment anymore.