My first Champion!!!

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Rachel Sadler
Turf Router

Re: My first Champion!!!

Post by Rachel Sadler »

Not an easy decision to make :) So a couple of things to think about.

Since the change in Steeple chasers last year, you are less likely to get brilliant broodmares, but that doesn't mean they wont throw a champion foal. Breeding steeple chasers is a hell of a lot harder then other thoroughbreds. It is near impossible for a steeplechase mare these days to throw more then one top quality horse, you only have to look at your mares dam to see that. But thats just from my experience.

How much do you like racing her, and how desperate are you for a foal? She will be 7 next year and if you retire at the end of the year you can still get 5 or 6 foals out of her.

Personally I would keep racing, and that is coming from someone who doesn't like racing steeple chase mares after they turn 6, even if they are superstars.
"I wish people will tell me when there unhappy"

We did, and you didn't do anything to fix the reason why we are unhappy!
Andrea Bouwkamp
Eclipse Champion

Post by Andrea Bouwkamp »

Thanks Rachel. I am kinda leaning that way. Honestly, she is a fluke even though her dam mated A and A- to most studs. I just love racing her. If she wins a 4th SC, surely that will get her in the HOF?
Dan Kauffman
Hall of Fame

Post by Dan Kauffman »

She should make the HOF regardless, IMO.

EDIT: I say that based on hours of “50 for 50” research. There are not many three-time SC champions. As far as thoroughbreds go, unless I made a horrendous oversight, there are no four-time SC champs.
‹Ali Hedgestone› Oh you get addicted to the crack after a while.
This spot reserved for my super-amazing TR stallion come Year 136.
Andrea Bouwkamp
Eclipse Champion

Post by Andrea Bouwkamp »

Dan Kauffman wrote: 6 years ago She should make the HOF regardless, IMO.

EDIT: I say that based on hours of “50 for 50” research. There are not many three-time SC champions. As far as thoroughbreds go, unless I made a horrendous oversight, there are no four-time SC champs.
Well, then that is another reason to race her next season. :D