Getting “into” steeplechasing

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Getting “into” steeplechasing

Post by Rochelle Bos »

Hey! Just curious how a person would “get into” steeplechasing? There doesn’t seem to be many horses available for sale (2 currently) and this forum is fairly quiet. I also searched the TB sale/auction forum and there hasn’t been anything really steeplechase-y in months :o

Also any tip/advice is very welcome :D
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt
Polk Buffalo
Grade 1 Winner

Re: Getting “into” steeplechasing

Post by Polk Buffalo »

I was lucky when I started. Beathan Vale had a big steeplechase auction and I started my steeplechase career from those findings.
I must say that I scout the sales lists for maiden steeplechasers too. I manage to find a few, but it is hard.
Most findings are made at the first week of the season. Some people consider "chase allowance" to be crap and sell them cheap or give them to Jaysman. I try to scoop up as many as possible during the first weeks.
A Chase allowance usually gets their maiden win after getting 8 or 10 "in the money" first. I would say those are excellent finds for 5000$.
Buying 1 or 2 year old chasers is really a shot in the dark.

Good luck! Running steeplechasers is fun!
Polk Buffalo Stallions
Yoboki Arabian Router 40k
Blue Daub Adee Appy Mid 20k

and many more...
Gigi Gofaster
Hall of Fame

Post by Gigi Gofaster »

Hi Rochelle! Send me a message in game with what you would like and I can send you some to get you started. I have plenty of 3-5 year old allowance chasers you can have to experiment with, and probably a few chase stakes colts as well. Let me know how many, gender preference, etc and I'll send them to you!

Same goes for you Polk, if you want some 3-5 yo unraced allowance chasers I always have them for free. I just have too many chasers to race and it's not my main division so they often get neglected.
"I was afraid of Gigi, it was true." Oh yes. Be afraid. Be very afraid...
"Gigi, you continue to impress the heck out of me." - The Steward. Okay, it was 10 RL years ago, but I'm keeping it.
Gigi Gofaster
Hall of Fame

Post by Gigi Gofaster »

I have put a bunch of unraced allowance chasers up for sale for 1K each, including nicely bred mares and ungelded colts. If you want any for free just let me know and I will send them over.

https://www.simhorseracing.com/horses.p ... GPSired=-1
"I was afraid of Gigi, it was true." Oh yes. Be afraid. Be very afraid...
"Gigi, you continue to impress the heck out of me." - The Steward. Okay, it was 10 RL years ago, but I'm keeping it.
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

Thanks guys! I’ll send some PMs shortly :D
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt
Polk Buffalo
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Polk Buffalo »

Thanks Gigi! I picked 10 from the sales list above. It will help me establish a steeplechase stable "down there".
I will leave the rest to new players. Thanks again.
Polk Buffalo Stallions
Yoboki Arabian Router 40k
Blue Daub Adee Appy Mid 20k

and many more...