What steeplechase stallions are retiring this year.

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Rachel Sadler
Turf Router

What steeplechase stallions are retiring this year.

Post by Rachel Sadler »

Unfortunately I don't have any to retire so i was just wondering if anyone else is thinking of retiring any stallions this year.? :)
"I wish people will tell me when there unhappy"

We did, and you didn't do anything to fix the reason why we are unhappy!
Lucas Davenport
Eclipse Champion

Re: What steeplechase stallions are retiring this year.

Post by Lucas Davenport »

I recently retired Yallfox, although truthfully I am disappointed in how the offspring of Dogfox seem to be doing in the shed, both males and females. A bit baffling to me.
The Hub Group of Farms: where saving your boarding and shipping dollars is always a priority, especially when you don't know where the next race will take your horse.
Rachel Sadler
Turf Router

Re: What steeplechase stallions are retiring this year.

Post by Rachel Sadler »

Lucas Davenport wrote: 5 years ago I recently retired Yallfox, although truthfully I am disappointed in how the offspring of Dogfox seem to be doing in the shed, both males and females. A bit baffling to me.
As a broodmare sire he is getting there, and his best son in the breeding shed at the moment is Decomposing who has produced 6 stakes winners.

It feels like forever since Dogfox was retired to the breeding shed, but his oldest progeny are only 14.The problem with steeplechaser sire offspring is that the good ones race until there between 7 and 9.

His highest earning mare Star Indeed is 10 and only has 3 foals to her name with her oldest a 3 year old only having had 2 starts.

Stats like these are years behind stats in dirt routing, and by the time you find a good stallion he is dead after only 3 or 4 years depending on when he is retired, so by the time he is dead you might be lucky to of had 1 or 2 runners and the inconsistency of foals from mares now is another issue. You might have a a rare "brilliant" steeplechase mare and it throws nothing but duds.

Steeplechase breeding is very frustrating :)
"I wish people will tell me when there unhappy"

We did, and you didn't do anything to fix the reason why we are unhappy!