Recently Retired Mare Chase Ratings

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Dave Trainer
Grade 1 Winner

Re: Recently Retired Mare Chase Ratings

Post by Dave Trainer »

I don't think extra levels will reduce the number raced. It will just mean they race at the level that suits them rather than being all thrown in together.

It should help.

I agree we should all be looking to improve or stables and breeding. Its not helped when 2 Freaks are suddenly introduced in a division where there were none before. That devalues all our efforts. Its a kick in the teeth for those of us patiently building.
Melissa Mae
Hall of Fame

Post by Melissa Mae »

Rachel Sadler wrote: 5 years ago
Melissa Mae wrote: 5 years ago
Rachel Sadler wrote: 5 years ago

Brilliant is the highest comment followed by strong, some potential and no potential, unless there has been a few more comments thrown in today
Thanks. Reading this thread, it seems like it might be a false sense of security to have so many with that comment in my barn.
You have hit the nail on the head :)

I spoke to the steward about this 2 years ago and nothing happened, I got used to it and actually liked the changes as I didnt have any high expectations on any foal from a some potential mare. But im only 1 person, and now the masses have bayed at the door, the steward has had to cave and we are now back to 2 years ago(BUT NOTHING HAS CHANGED) and instead of your some potential mare throwing a crap foal, you will now get all excited because you now have a Brilliant or a Strong mare and you expect the resulting foal to have a good lot of ability where in actual fact it has a very high chance of being a chase allowance.

Sorry to be a stick in the mud, but ive been breeding and racing steeplechasers for years, breeding upwards of 100 foals a year, and let me tell you, the % of getting a stakes winning horse is low. Instead of appeasing people with comments, the breeding numbers of the mares/stallions and potential of the foals needs to be looked at.

Here is a breakdown I did in Dec 2017 of my steeplechase 3 year olds.

I have 83 3 yr old steeplechasers.
Out of that 83 only 15 of them are stakes horses and capable of winning anything from claimers up to stakes races.
Out of that 15, 2 have the potential to be stakes winners. 1 has won a stakes races. 1 has placed.
68 are allowance/confidence steeplechasers. I don’t generally race these as they cannot even place in a claimer. But, for experimentation I have 3 allowance 3 yr olds racing and out of 6 starts the average earnings is $1246.00. The highest placing is a 3rd with a 78 speed figure

That is a lot of breeding fees down the drain, if you dont own the stallion.
Last year I bred 114 foals 94 of them are chase potential and chase allowance.
15 are chase stakes, 2 have won a stakes race and the majority of the rest are like this horse.
https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=905694

If steeplechase owners/breeders want to see real changes to mares/foals and stallions, not just moving comments backward and forwards then they need to have a good look at what there breeding and petition for changes in that area. Not complain because there mare is a some potential.
Oh, I have no illusions I'll get good horses. I've been racing steeplechasers since they were introduced to the game and have just had two in my entire career.

I do think the steeplechasing part of the game needs an overall. It seems like it is developing a lot slower than the rest of the game and it is extremely frustrating.
Flizan Hambletonian
Turf Router

Post by Flizan Hambletonian »

Hamish Mcgonaghal wrote: 5 years ago
Laura Ferguson wrote: 5 years ago Some of the chaser stakes are having difficulty breaking their maidens, because I fully expect that the entire field is rated chaser stakes. If the differentiation I mentioned was in play, we'd have a better sense of who is a good stakes, and who is a sad stakes.
So we should all scratch from the steward cup derby chase and let the 2 chase freaks, yes thats right CHASE FREAKS, fight it out?

Dumbing down steeplechasing which is basically what is being asked for will just be a backward step, Its up to us breeders and racers to improve the division. I know it will be a lot of time,work, sim money and game points but the reward could be game changing that maybe mixer divisions could follow
2 freaks? Recently jumped? Who are they? Are they bred or "created"?
Country House Turf Router, AW Router, Steeplechaser
Smoke and Gusto Paint Dirt Router
Flizans Bourbon Steeplechaser
Rachel Sadler
Turf Router

Post by Rachel Sadler »

Flizan Hambletonian wrote: 5 years ago
Hamish Mcgonaghal wrote: 5 years ago
Laura Ferguson wrote: 5 years ago Some of the chaser stakes are having difficulty breaking their maidens, because I fully expect that the entire field is rated chaser stakes. If the differentiation I mentioned was in play, we'd have a better sense of who is a good stakes, and who is a sad stakes.
So we should all scratch from the steward cup derby chase and let the 2 chase freaks, yes thats right CHASE FREAKS, fight it out?

Dumbing down steeplechasing which is basically what is being asked for will just be a backward step, Its up to us breeders and racers to improve the division. I know it will be a lot of time,work, sim money and game points but the reward could be game changing that maybe mixer divisions could follow
2 freaks? Recently jumped? Who are they? Are they bred or "created"?
https://www.simhorseracing.com/race.php?RaceID=1170473

The 2 freaks are the obvious ones without any breeding.
Yes, created by the Steward, and who we possible have no chance of beating as all the other horses are stakes. A few players are not overly happy about them and have threatened to quit because of the unfairness of 3yr old freaks being created ready to race, when we cant even "breed" freaks. Not to mention the fact that they have the potential to win every SC race until they retire, when they will possible be better than any other stallion standing at stud.
"I wish people will tell me when there unhappy"

We did, and you didn't do anything to fix the reason why we are unhappy!
Flizan Hambletonian
Turf Router

Post by Flizan Hambletonian »

Oh. I understand. I´m still a newbie, and my first homebreds turn 3 year 51 so I haven´t spent as much time and effort as for example you and Hamish to get good steeplechasers yet. I agree that it´s not fair to throw in 2 horses that are that much better than all the rest... As I understand it, theese horses were auctioned in a livechat? And no hands up before? (Not all players are from America, so most of the livechats are in the middle of the night here in Europe (Polk and I miss the most of them)). And that is even more unfair. What does the steward say about this? It seems a little bit sad to breed all the chasermares if we don´t stand a chance to compete with created horses?
Country House Turf Router, AW Router, Steeplechaser
Smoke and Gusto Paint Dirt Router
Flizans Bourbon Steeplechaser
Polk Buffalo
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Polk Buffalo »

Well, I will watch the races tonight (european time) with great interest.
I gelded my chasers when I started because they were "different career" before I knew better.. oops.
Polk Buffalo Stallions
Yoboki Arabian Router 40k
Blue Daub Adee Appy Mid 20k

and many more...
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

Congrats on your win Hamish!
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse